Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Man Utd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Sorry if someone posted this already, cba checking

That´s harsh on Arshavin. After all he, the captain of Russia´s national team, went on to replace an insignificant 18 yo kid. What do you know, ticket buyers?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    Fell sorry for arshavin the crowd killed the last bit of confidence he had.
    tbh I thought the booing of him was out of order. I understand booing the substitution but the boo when Arshavin's name was given out...well that's just stupid and unhelpful. Of course I understand people's frustrations but there's no sense in the crowd booing a player who has just come on when everyone knows he's desperately lacking confidence to begin with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was the decision I think people were booing. I don't think it was aimed at Arshavin. Shame he had to come on to that, but if it was Ramsey or Theo coming off for him the crowd wouldn't have reacted like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal winger Alex Oxlade-chamberlain believes they can come back a stronger side if they learn from the mistakes they made in their 2-1 defeat to Manchester United.

In his first Premier League start for the Gunners the 18-year-old showed maturity beyond his years with an impressive performance, which included an assist for Robin Van Persie’s 71st minute strike.

And speaking after the defeat he reckons that if the squad pull together, with the quality they have at their disposal, they can challenge for a place in the top four.

Oxlade-Chamberlain said: “We go out to win every game so when we don’t it’s obviously a blow to the team but all we can do is keep coming back and try and push on from disappointing results like this. I think it can only make us stronger.

“We’ve got to learn some lessons from the mistakes that we make but that’s all part of making a good team.

“There is always confidence. This is Arsenal football club. We’ve got some absolutely top quality players who are capable of all sorts of things.

“I think we just need to stick together as a team now and come out of this sticky patch and come out of it better.”

Meanwhile many Arsenal fans were disappointed to see the summer signing from Southampton substituted in the 74th minute.

But the England Under-21 international respects his manager’s decision to take him off, insisting they have to trust the Frenchman’s instinct.

“It’s the boss’ decision at the end of the day,” added Oxlade-Chamberlain. “He is the boss and he’s a top quality manager, you’ve seen how many years he’s been at Arsenal and all the great decisions he’s made, so whatever the decision is I will respect him.

“It’s always nice when the fans are on your side, you’ve just got to keep going out there each week and try to please them and do as well as you can for the team and the manager
    .”
    http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-ne...senal-stronger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    tbh I thought the booing of him was out of order. I understand booing the substitution but the boo when Arshavin's name was given out...well that's just stupid and unhelpful. Of course I understand people's frustrations but there's no sense in the crowd booing a player who has just come on when everyone knows he's desperately lacking confidence to begin with.
    Anyone booing Arshavin hopefully got a slap from the bloke beside him. It was Wenger's incredibly fucking stupid substitution that was being booed.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    Shut up Ox, do all your talking on the pitch please. Heard all this shit before from Theo and look what happened to him. Just focus on the footie mate!
    Für eure Sicherheit

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with the posters above.

Doubt it was Arshavin being booed. It was the decision to take AOC off that was booed and rightly so.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also what do we do with Djourou?

Surely the end is here for him as well. Hauled off at half time and Yennaris looking better there than Djo ever has. In fact looked better than Jenkinson as well which admittedly isnt hard.

Yennaris 2nd choice RB behind Sagna then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post

Surely the end is here for him as well. Hauled off at half time and Yennaris looking better there than Djo ever has. In fact looked better than Jenkinson as well which admittedly isnt hard.

th choice behing quid now surely? this why AW was a bit strange today, finally taken him off he looked like he was tactially aware for once then got it wrong with AOC.

as for Yennaris being 2nd choice no way Jenko is much better
    Last edited by Olivier's xmas twist; 22-01-2012 at 11:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post

Djourou should be put behind glass with a break only in dire emergencies sticker on his stupid head. We can't kill him because Squid is still on the payroll.
    Für eure Sicherheit