User Tag List

Page 2845 of 3209 FirstFirst ... 1845234527452795283528432844284528462847285528952945 ... LastLast
Results 28,441 to 28,450 of 32085

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I pretty much agree with all of that, got to say

Especially 9, 10, 11 and 12 - he was really on a roll at that point...
    He should be winning by a landslide with just policy number 9 tbh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy might be a genius, you know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The field of candidates in the race for London mayor is truly abysmal.

I’m seriously voting for CBF.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Kahn's done pretty well, he gets my vote though if i thought CBF could win, it'd be a different matter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see a lot of people say that Khan has been “a disaster”, but it’s rarely backed up with anything concrete.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I see a lot of people say that Khan has been “a disaster”, but it’s rarely backed up with anything concrete.
    I wouldn’t say he has been a disaster but i dont think he has been any good either. Reading reports on his time as Mayor, there are quite a few accusations that he is similar to Boris in the sense that he is difficult to pin down to making a decision and he only really wants to get involved when there is good PR.

I dont think he has made any notable achievements during the past 5 years but on measures that he promised to be judged, he has failed. His famous “you won’t pay more for your season ticket in 2020 then you do now in 2016” completely failed. My season ticket went up each year. He promised to build large numbers of new housing and just like boris, failed to deliver on those numbers. https://www.cityam.com/sadiq-khan-is...ousing-target/ This article states he has failed to build even half, or start building.

While not his fault completely here, he is pretty weak at dealing with the Government. He built himself up as some expert negotiator yet failed Londoners during the TFL bailout talks when congestion charge zones extended to 24/7 etc. It’s difficult for a Mayor to take on a government but he is not exactly on best terms with them either through his own actions as is s normal in politics. There are politicians who can build bridges across the divide and achieve things but i dont think Khan is one of them. He is too antagonistic & regularly attacks the tories (again, not much of an issue as normal in politics ) but then when you need to work together it makes it much harder.

I think perhaps the Mayor might be better as an independent, someone who could focus solely on teh job. I think its fair to say that the last two mayors have used it to boost their profile for higher office and it worked for Boris. Doubt it will work for Khan as i dont see him as a future PM but who knows.

I do wish Rory Stewart was still running as independent. He’d have my vote in a heartbeat. The rest of the candiates are crap but ulitaltemly none of them will achieve anything of note

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i don't just judge people on what they do but also what they won't do - we all know a Tory will punish the poor, sell everything off, give contracts to their mates and basically mess everything up - if Kahn doesn't do that it's a bonus IMO

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbh, I might not bother voting. I'm not sure I understand the question. Or maybe I do, but it's multiple choice and I don't understand any of the answers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    i don't just judge people on what they do but also what they won't do - we all know a Tory will punish the poor, sell everything off, give contracts to their mates and basically mess everything up - if Kahn doesn't do that it's a bonus IMO
    Not sure Khan is completely clean on contracts as towards end of last year, there were allegations of cronyism on his part by giving contracts to mates without tenders

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/the-s...81560883405237

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Tbh, I might not bother voting. I'm not sure I understand the question. Or maybe I do, but it's multiple choice and I don't understand any of the answers.
    It’s bad enough in this election trying to find one candidate i want to vote for. The fact i have to put down a second preference is even harder