User Tag List

Page 29 of 263 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery 2017/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Could be, but more likely it's the usual rubbish we hear at this time of the season. Benzema anyone?
    If Mbappe is sensible he'll stay where he is. Better off for him if he's a one season wonder as he'll avoid the stigma of being the world's most expensive flop. If he has another great season at Monaco and then tears it up for France he'll get an even bigger deal next year.

...Nope... tried... Football is boring me too much... I really don't care where this kid ends up or how much the fee is. Players will soon be costing as much as stadiums. Silly sport that has hyped itself into oblivion.

Not watching it any more. Will watch tennis as suggested and wait for the next Olympics.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pleased with the kolasinac signing. Despite the questionable quiff he looks like the type that isnt going to be bullied on the pitch.

Surely he is the long term replacement for Nacho and Gibbs will be sold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    If Mbappe is sensible he'll stay where he is. Better off for him if he's a one season wonder as he'll avoid the stigma of being the world's most expensive flop. If he has another great season at Monaco and then tears it up for France he'll get an even bigger deal next year.

...Nope... tried... Football is boring me too much... I really don't care where this kid ends up or how much the fee is. Players will soon be costing as much as stadiums. Silly sport that has hyped itself into oblivion.

Not watching it any more. Will watch tennis as suggested and wait for the next Olympics.
    They never stay where they are though do they, agents telling them just how much they could get and how great it would be keep to make get their cut.

He's young though, I can see why he'd want to play for some of the worlds biggest clubs, it's hard to turn down for a player of his age.

But yes I'd be wary of paying big money for a player who has just had one good season, plenty of examples of players who never reproduce that kind of season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thierrymon View Post
    Pleased with the kolasinac signing. Despite the questionable quiff he looks like the type that isnt going to be bullied on the pitch.

Surely he is the long term replacement for Nacho and Gibbs will be sold.
    Regarded as the best LB in germany last year. Instant upgrade on Gibbs if nothing else.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    L'Equipe, who are fairly reliable when it comes to transfers, say we wil come back with an improved 122 mill bid. Insane money for a one season (so far) wonder, really risky for a club like Arsenal.

Not many strikers (if any) available on the market today however so i guess desperation comes into it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Regarded as the best LB in germany last year. Instant upgrade on Gibbs if nothing else.
    Very good signing IMO, really pleased with it. He is a tough fella, fast and has a magic left foot. Very stocky and a bit of a nut case as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    L'Equipe, who are fairly reliable when it comes to transfers, say we wil come back with an improved 122 mill bid. Insane money for a one season (so far) wonder, really risky for a club like Arsenal.

Not many strikers (if any) available on the market today however so i guess desperation comes into it.
    You're right it would be very risky. Which is why I don't believe it will happen. Not for 100m+ anyway.

Would be an incredible statement of intent though, Mbappe looks quality. Not sure about him under Wenger's tutelage though...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched a video of MmmBop, as I really don't follow football enough to have much of an opinion.
    Looks pretty good, although always hard to tell from a compilation. £100m good though? Nah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all about potential, innit.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This deal won't happen, I don't believe we've made a bid that high, even if we had its pretty clear he'll end up at Real we have zero chance of signing a player when we're up against them, the best team in the world who win trophies left right and centre or a club on a downward spiral who haven't won anything of note for over a decade.

IMO this is another one of those attempts to persuade people we're trying to sign top players when we know full well we have no chance, it'll probably drag out most of the summer like it always does, we're awful at transfers unless they're free or cheap or noone else of note really wants them.