User Tag List

Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Ignorance and Dart Throwing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always believed that if HE himself can buy into it, AMN could be a superb right back, often to the dismay and ridicule of other fans but Arteta is managing to make that not look foolish. I agree with the comment above though....I'm not sure Arteta really sees him there. I think he can actually cover RB and CM which is partly why I think the Soares deal won't happen in the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure it would make a great deal of difference to him in Arteta's system? Look at the way Xhaka has been used down the left: starts in CM, but drops to cover LB - AMN is pretty much already doing the same thing on the other side, only in reverse: starts at RB, but then steps up to cover CM. Either way he's rocking back-and-forth between the 2 roles, so a big chunk of it should be comfortably familiar to him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually will be a bit gutted if Ceballos moves on or doesn't really get used. I think he is a really classy two touch player (albeit sometimes 20 touches in a circle) who Arteta must be able to polish up. Even at the end of the last game he was cutting their backline with defence splitting balls for Saka/Martinelli.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    ...I think he can actually cover RB and CM which is partly why I think the Soares deal won't happen in the end.
    Hmmm, I don't know... it sounds like it's pretty much all but agreed? Might have more to do with concerns over Bellerin's fitness than AMN's suitability for the RB role (I wouldn't like to put money on Hector staying fit until May).

Having said that, unlike Mari (who I suspect is actually a permanent signing in loan clothing) I'm not sure Soares stays beyond the summer - this one does genuinely feel like emergency cover, and a marriage of convenience for both sides.
    Last edited by I am invisible; 30-01-2020 at 04:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually will be a bit gutted if Ceballos moves on or doesn't really get used. I think he is a really classy two touch player (albeit sometimes 20 touches in a circle) who Arteta must be able to polish up. Even at the end of the last game he was cutting their backline with defence splitting balls for Saka/Martinelli.
    Yeah, there's a good player in there, if we can work out the right midfield role + system for him - might not be our choice though, if either the player or Madrid decide to call it? Not really sure what's going on there, or what the issue might be tbh...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does sound like that by how widely it's being reported, so maybe I'm just more wishful thinking than anything. Then again, Kuwhatshisface at one point sounded close to a done deal then apparently we came to our senses. Though I hear Arteta himself pulled the plug on that one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Yeah, there's a good player in there, if we can work out the right midfield role + system for him - might not be our choice though, if either the player or Madrid decide to call it? Not really sure what's going on there, or what the issue might be tbh...
    I think he is being a little bit forgotten at Madrid and he wouldn't be the only one. I think he is understandably eager to get into the Spain team this summer and is just a little bit restless and alarmed by his lack of game time. I think Arteta could and should have already used him a lot more. He is still roundly seen as a rising star of Spanish football and one of the best of their bunch so if he really is a star in the making, I hope Arteta gets hold of him and the situation quickly. There's something about the combination or technical quality and control from Spanish midfielders that is very difficult to find elsewhere.

I don't want to cry yet again about Santi....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he is being a little bit forgotten at Madrid and he wouldn't be the only one. I think he is understandably eager to get into the Spain team this summer and is just a little bit restless and alarmed by his lack of game time. I think Arteta could and should have already used him a lot more. He is still roundly seen as a rising star of Spanish football and one of the best of their bunch so if he really is a star in the making, I hope Arteta gets hold of him and the situation quickly. There's something about the combination or technical quality and control from Spanish midfielders that is very difficult to find elsewhere.

I don't want to cry yet again about Santi....
    Yeah, maybe. Maybe.

It could just be a simple fitness issue, especially if he's only recently back from a lengthy lay off? Or Maybe he's just been mailing it in in training? who knows? If we had more to play for then I'd probably be more bothered, but as it is it's hard to care too much when the rest of this season is basically just prep for next year when he won't be with us.

Maybe that's it - maybe we're just keeping him fresh and hungry for the Europa League, as the only competition that holds any significant value for the club at this point?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think maybe he's not fitting in with Arteta's training regime, he apprantly said soemthign abotu playing Ceballios if he got himself fit enough

maybe he's not into the pressing game Arteta wants to play - from what i've seen he's mainly done a few showy touches in midfield before passing sideways so not sure how good he'd be for us anyway

equally i get a bit annoyed with coaches who rate anyone who runs around for them enough in training - it seems to be what keeps people like Xhaka and Mustafi in the side despite not being good enough

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ceballos is staying now apparently