User Tag List

Page 2967 of 3209 FirstFirst ... 1967246728672917295729652966296729682969297730173067 ... LastLast
Results 29,661 to 29,670 of 32090

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    You missed all the key points, as usual and deliberately. Your agenda couldn't hold a drop of water if you had to present beyond the most superficial.

Even your insistence on simplification is revealing. You just happen to know the traits of narcissistic personality disorder, probably as a remnant of your prior career as a psychiatrist? Or maybe because you were led by the nose by the same media you can't talk about.

But, okay, let's say Trump suffers from this relatively mild ailment, compared to the severe mental illness that has struck down at least half the population of the west. He means she, racism is equality, censorship is free speech - you know the sort of crazy shit that passes as knowledge these days? So your point here is to strictly limit yourself to ridiculing one individual while fastidiously avoiding any of the reasons that might have caused this issue? Is that why your career as a psychiatrist ended? You told all your patients they were nutters and left it at that?

Lightweight all the time.

It's just a laugh. But who's laughing and who's being laughed at? In reality?
    This is a clear example of where we are with Tribal politics

A tendency to diminish problems on one side when there are problems on the other side too

There isn’t a competition between what’s more deranged Trump himself or those who compared him to Hitler, and the people laughing at those who did this are now comparing Biden to Hitler when they aren’t claiming he is so cognitively impaired he’s practically brain dead…I mean which is it?

Trump was a terrible president simply because even if he did have policies or views that challenged the comfortable status quo (something which is massively overstated in any regard) his inability to function based on his constant need to make himself the most important person in the room. There was too much focus on his tweets and not enough focus on his highly agitated mental state. I agree that any armchair diagnosis of narcissistic personality disorder is ridiculous and superficial and is on the same level as twitter imbeciles claiming Putin is dying based on photographs and videos (as if somehow we’ve determined that we can diagnose someone medically simply by looking at someone)

Biden is a terrible president because he’s too old, and he was never a particularly impressive politician to begin with.

But the absolutely pathetic carnage that ate away at a nations psyche was caused by Trump being unable to accept that he lost an election, and it was abundantly clear that he would behave like this because he’s had it instilled in him by his father that there’s nothing worse to be in life than a loser. So whilst attempts at diagnoses are not worth anything, one is left with Occam’s razor
    What is more likely that mass voter fraud happened in every state Trump needed to win to be re-elected, didn’t occur in states that he carried (including states that the Biden Canpaign felt they had in the bag like Florida and North Carolina) and that despite the failure of even Trump’s own legal team to present evidence in court…that machines were re-programmed, partisan vote checkers allowed ballots that should have been disqualified to count and that the late arriving ballots from democratic counties were also all fraudulent even though it was known because of there has been a long established difference in voter preference between those who vote on the day and those who vote by postal ballot or by early voting.

Or

That a man who at no point stated either in 2016 or 2020 stated that he would concede the election if he lost, a man who has constantly claimed victory in law suits he has lost and has staked his entire reputation and personality on being a winner, couldn’t take losing and created a narrative in his own head where he had been cheated and then spent the next two months trying to cling on to power despite having lost.

Trump is no Hitler, no Mussolini, no fascist. He isn’t even a conservative in any exact understanding of the word. But he’s spread his own self aggrandising conspiratorial mindset through the Republican Party, just as Foucault social justice deconstructionist nonsense has spread like a plague through the Democratic Party.

Whatever the solution, I think it’s fair to say the Americans could do without both, but it’s their freedom to choose. And I would hope whichever stupid option they pick, the other stupid side doesn’t try and pretend it was otherwise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    This is a clear example of where we are with Tribal politics

A tendency to diminish problems on one side when there are problems on the other side too

There isn’t a competition between what’s more deranged Trump himself or those who compared him to Hitler, and the people laughing at those who did this are now comparing Biden to Hitler when they aren’t claiming he is so cognitively impaired he’s practically brain dead…I mean which is it?

Trump was a terrible president simply because even if he did have policies or views that challenged the comfortable status quo (something which is massively overstated in any regard) his inability to function based on his constant need to make himself the most important person in the room. There was too much focus on his tweets and not enough focus on his highly agitated mental state. I agree that any armchair diagnosis of narcissistic personality disorder is ridiculous and superficial and is on the same level as twitter imbeciles claiming Putin is dying based on photographs and videos (as if somehow we’ve determined that we can diagnose someone medically simply by looking at someone)

Biden is a terrible president because he’s too old, and he was never a particularly impressive politician to begin with.

But the absolutely pathetic carnage that ate away at a nations psyche was caused by Trump being unable to accept that he lost an election, and it was abundantly clear that he would behave like this because he’s had it instilled in him by his father that there’s nothing worse to be in life than a loser. So whilst attempts at diagnoses are not worth anything, one is left with Occam’s razor
    What is more likely that mass voter fraud happened in every state Trump needed to win to be re-elected, didn’t occur in states that he carried (including states that the Biden Canpaign felt they had in the bag like Florida and North Carolina) and that despite the failure of even Trump’s own legal team to present evidence in court…that machines were re-programmed, partisan vote checkers allowed ballots that should have been disqualified to count and that the late arriving ballots from democratic counties were also all fraudulent even though it was known because of there has been a long established difference in voter preference between those who vote on the day and those who vote by postal ballot or by early voting.

Or

That a man who at no point stated either in 2016 or 2020 stated that he would concede the election if he lost, a man who has constantly claimed victory in law suits he has lost and has staked his entire reputation and personality on being a winner, couldn’t take losing and created a narrative in his own head where he had been cheated and then spent the next two months trying to cling on to power despite having lost.

Trump is no Hitler, no Mussolini, no fascist. He isn’t even a conservative in any exact understanding of the word. But he’s spread his own self aggrandising conspiratorial mindset through the Republican Party, just as Foucault social justice deconstructionist nonsense has spread like a plague through the Democratic Party.

Whatever the solution, I think it’s fair to say the Americans could do without both, but it’s their freedom to choose. And I would hope whichever stupid option they pick, the other stupid side doesn’t try and pretend it was otherwise.
    Some decent observations there. I can't stand this utterly polarised, tribal attitude towards almost every subject these days - which is to a huge extent a by product of the online worlsd we live in - with so many people seeking only affirmation of their existing views, and encoraged in this by the algorithms to which we are all subservient. The truth as always is simple. Human beings are very rarely so one dimensional - even if their opinions increasingly are. Debate used to be a good way to share, and refine views. Now this has become in so many cases a vehicle by which people massage their own egos and begrudge those who disagree with them.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A saw this earlier which amused and depressed me in equal measure.

Pretty much sums up where we are right now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    You missed all the key points, as usual and deliberately. Your agenda couldn't hold a drop of water if you had to present beyond the most superficial.

Even your insistence on simplification is revealing. You just happen to know the traits of narcissistic personality disorder, probably as a remnant of your prior career as a psychiatrist? Or maybe because you were led by the nose by the same media you can't talk about.

But, okay, let's say Trump suffers from this relatively mild ailment, compared to the severe mental illness that has struck down at least half the population of the west. He means she, racism is equality, censorship is free speech - you know the sort of crazy shit that passes as knowledge these days? So your point here is to strictly limit yourself to ridiculing one individual while fastidiously avoiding any of the reasons that might have caused this issue? Is that why your career as a psychiatrist ended? You told all your patients they were nutters and left it at that?

Lightweight all the time.

It's just a laugh. But who's laughing and who's being laughed at? In reality?
    What are you arguing about here, mate?

Trump is a fuckin spastic. Genuinely stupid and a narcissist.

Am I missing something?

The worst things about him though is he's enabled a mass of inbred retards to lurk from the shadows in which they hid, for the most part, before.

Worst thing about living here is having to tolerate these fuckin imbeciles. If your point is that the American Left (which are you the right of most of Europe's Right) are just as bad then they're not and you're wrong.

They are fuckin idiots, tbf, for many of the reasons you've pointed out, and more, but they're not Trumptard level.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    Worst thing about living here is having to tolerate these fuckin imbeciles.
    You live in the States now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    You live in the States now?
    Aye, in the land of the free where you're not free to send your kid to school in safety. Pricing bulletproof bags noo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I left that shit hole Scotland after they proved themselves to be cowardly scum in 2014, fwiw.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well how am I supposed to get good deals on Sky TV now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Well how am I supposed to get good deals on Sky TV now?
    Haha...I still have contacts, man.

If you're intradested just let me know and I'll sort you, or anyone on here, out.