User Tag List

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Signing - Park Chu Young - Out For 2 Years

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
    He got that playing in a team that got relegated. We can assume the supply was pretty scarce.

As I keep on saying, stop writing him off, before he's kicked a ball. It's tiresome.
    Yeah you were saying the same thing about Chamakh last season, look how that worked out.

He's totally unproven and just not what I was hoping or indeed what we really needed, a goalscorer was what was required, we didn't get one.

I suppose if he keeps Chamakh out it's a good thing, but he isn't going to make us genuine challengers that's for sure.
    Last edited by Özim; 28-08-2011 at 12:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    Yeah you were saying the same thing about Chamakh last season, look how that worked out.

He's totally unproven and just not what I was hoping or indeed what we really needed, a goalscorer was what was required, we didn't get one.

I suppose if he keeps Chamakh out it's a good thing, but he isn't going to make us genuine challengers that's for sure.

You MIGHT be right, but the transfer window is still open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post
    You MIGHT be right, but the transfer window is still open.
    True but come on you don't really believe AW is going to buy another striker do you, reckon this was the striker he talked about, that's the disappointment.

Wouldn't mind this guy if he came in as well as someone else and thus was a squad member.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No idea. Just waiting for the window to close to see what the xfer net result is, and end of November for an idea of how good/bad we are likely to be this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post
    Then will they bring the trainer on?
    jog on fella.
    Für eure Sicherheit

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good squad player imo. Who knows maybe he'll be mr reliable when vp breaks his glass body wen he next falls over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post

I did because we're supposed to be supporters. I'm not gonna criticise someone before he's played for us. We now know that Chamakh is a total coward and a non-footballer. I think most of us at least gave him some time before judging him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did because we're supposed to be supporters. I'm not gonna criticise someone before he's played for us. We now know that Chamakh is a total coward and a non-footballer. I think most of us at least gave him some time before judging him.
    and that's precisely why I'm p*ssed off.

I'm not bothered about us signing a player like this as a squad player to give us some options, I have a serious issue with us doing so when we desperately need a goalscorer to support the injury prone RVP and choose the cheap untried option everytime.

If we'd got rid of Chamakh and brought this guy in alongside another forward than fine, but as a standalone signing that's one helluvah disappointment, especially after cashing in of two of ourbest players for a fortune.

There's no reason for us to go cheap this time (if there ever is).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't know whether he'll be the only striker signing yet. I agree, it's unlikely that more than two players will come in, given how fucking late we've left it, but we can't be certain.

All I know is, Wenger will be given fuckloads of stick if he doesn't bring in those two players. And I don't know anyone with sense who would sell their best players to us with less than a week of the window to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I know is, Wenger will be given fuckloads of stick if he doesn't bring in those two players. And I don't know anyone with sense who would sell their best players to us with less than a week of the window to go.
    You're right and I totally agree with you, however that's completely our own fault, as usual we make up BS about waiting periods etc etc and in the end have to settle for something we may not have had to.

Other clubs managed to bring in quality proven players, we just chose to sell them.