0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Not the case, players hold the power.
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...elsea-28891847

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a nothing story which in no way refutes what Maccy said.
    That whole article basically says - Arsenal aren't going to pay over the odds for him. Well of course we aren't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's down to Mudryk at the moment, he needs to tell Shaktar he will move to Arsenal only. Even though we are his first choice I suspect he would join Chelsea if we walk away. I agree with Arsenal, it makes no sense to get involved in a bidding war with Chelsea over a player who won't even be guaranteed first choice for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I know it's silly money being asked for, but if we can knock it down a bit, it's almost tempting to say we should go for the Joao Felix loan, just to get him in while we're short of ESR, Jesus and Nelson
    We need to do something. Everything is great right now and I am fully behind Arteta and Edu, but they need to add to the squad this window if they are serious about us continuing to challenge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You all know that YOU are ultimately going to pay for whatever shit-kicker queer comes in? Right?

Unless you step away.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look the comparisons with the Pepe deal is ridiculous and childish...we were sold a lemon (which can happen to anyone) ..lets move on from it.

A lot of people on here (and thankfully I was not one of them {team Zaha}) and in footballdom swore we had got the next best thing after Messi, so we did not overpay in the current reality due to the silly hype.

Foolishness would be for us to believe that every time we spend big (like big clubs are suppose to do) its going to be another lemon, because then we will leave all the Halaands and Bellinghams to the clubs who are serious about being big clubs.

Not getting Mudryk and allowing him to go to any of our rivals would be a failure...no one should disguise it.

Felix would be a plus, but I'm not sold that he would actually improve us.

Mudryk fits with the style of player Arteta has proven he can get the best of , thats why I am so sold on the signing.

However I must say I do believe there are other parts of the team that need to be strengthened far more but until the right player comes up, I can wait a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    Look the comparisons with the Pepe deal is ridiculous and childish...we were sold a lemon (which can happen to anyone) ..lets move on from it.
    But they are not really that ridiculous are they? Pepe, like Mudryk was a winger who was an unknown quantity in the EPL, but had been outstanding at Lille - scoring 23 goals and registering 12 assists in 41 games in the season before we signed him. Pepe - like Mudryk appears to be now was sought after by other clubs. Pepe, like Mudryk would be - was a club record signing who represented a risk for AFC.

I accept that the big difference is that our manager at the time - Emery - did not want to sign him (he wanted Zaha), whereas Mudryk seems to have been identified by Arteta and Edu as a player who fits into the Arsenal project.

But the fact remains that Mudryk is young and relatively untested - particularly in our league - so he represents a risk. The question is not whether he would represent an exciting, and unedeniably promising signing but whether we should pay way over our valuation (with all the knock on issues that would represent) for a player who would not even be first choice in his position (at least initially). Young and untested players are usually cheaper because of this. For me, smashing our transfer record in a bidding war with the basket case that Chelsea is currently is something that needs to be considered very carefully, and if the club decides that this is not worth it, then I'm good with that.
    Last edited by IBK; 09-01-2023 at 11:00 AM.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chelsea are apparently signing Joao Felix on loan.

Does their scouting network literally exist by copying everyone else?

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was moaning at everyone in the game against Barca last night.

You'd think exactly the last thing Chelsea need personality wise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pushing 20m for a 6 month loan with no buy option.

Madness. Glad we're not getting involved in that.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.