User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What does the Liverpool FA Cup result show us?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what it shows to me is that we are much better at home and infact very hard to beat at home, first goal we have conceded at home since Everton and breaks the run of 2-0s. We are very efficient, Liverpool had plenty of chances in the game and Fabby played incredibly well. We had a bit of luck with the penalty but in big games the first goal is very important. we score first and can settle down and remain tight at the back and pick off the opposition, which is also the way Liverpool play. When we chase the game we are too exposed. So it doesn't really tell us anything new, but we have to score first again Bayern if we don't and they score first I think they will ruin us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flaps has improved so much since he got the name Flaps. In fact he should be called by his real name from now on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fab?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    what it shows to me is that we are much better at home and infact very hard to beat at home, first goal we have conceded at home since Everton and breaks the run of 2-0s. We are very efficient, Liverpool had plenty of chances in the game and Fabby played incredibly well. We had a bit of luck with the penalty but in big games the first goal is very important. we score first and can settle down and remain tight at the back and pick off the opposition, which is also the way Liverpool play. When we chase the game we are too exposed. So it doesn't really tell us anything new, but we have to score first again Bayern if we don't and they score first I think they will ruin us.
    The 0-0 against United broke the run of 2-0s.

Sorry, I'm an auditor. I can't help myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by milla View Post
    Yes though I am not sure if Jack has the correct mind to rediscover his football
    Too much too soon prehaps? Always thought we put him on a silly contract way too soon. I think he’ll get better if he focuses. The injury set him back. But at the moment, I don’t want him starting games. Too much of a risk and he should be playing from the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What we learned…we’ll never dominate possession with Arteta and Flamini in the middle and it’s best not to try to. But I was alarmed by the amount of chances Liverpool were able to create from the centre. The pair of them need to work out a partnership and understanding. We’ll continue to see them paired together. If Wenger continues with that pairing, we need pace on the flanks for counter attacks. Pod and Ox on the flanks was the right move.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    The 0-0 against United broke the run of 2-0s.

Sorry, I'm an auditor. I can't help myself.
    oh yeah forgot about that. the game was so boring I had erased it from my memory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    oh yeah forgot about that. the game was so boring I had erased it from my memory.
    If you have any tips you could share on how to do that, I'd be grateful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In answer to the thread, that they are a better team than us & play far better attacking football - the one thing that Wenger is supposed to take credit for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont give Liverpool more credit than they deserve... They probably have the best striker in the world right now, when he was out, they were not impressive at all. Add on top of that, that Rodgers dont care about defence and are playing like 2 strikers with 4 offensive midfielders/wingers. A team like that will always get alot of goal opportunities, but they will also concede alot, if they had european football this season, they would be letting in goals left and right and probably be back to 8th place were they usually are.