Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Van Persie the fraud

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbo View Post
    Persie definitely dicked on us, there's no doubt about that. Showed no loyalty at all when we'd shown plenty to him.

But that's football. He left for a bigger club. I'm sure Feyenoord fans felt exactly the same way when he left them for us.

Players leave for the glory. The problem is Arsenal FC cannot offer ANY hope of glory to a player so we're left with buying also-rans like Giroud.

We're on a downward spiral and will probably never recover. We are Liverpool.
    Hey!

Fair enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread should have been moved to the recycle bin the moment a mod read Joker saying he agrees with Arseblog.

Anyway, RvC is a Judas ****, but he did say the same things about the club that us fans have been saying for years, so I really don't get the griping over what he said. The fans rage and fury would be better suited being directed at the man who sold us short.

Wenger used to go head to head with SAF, why has that stopped? Since Wenger's been here, SAF has won 10 titles compared him winning 3. 5 of those have come since we last won the league, or won anything for that matter. Why the fuck is he still here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringBoringArsenal View Post
    This thread should have been moved to the recycle bin the moment a mod read Joker saying he agrees with Arseblog.

Anyway, RvC is a Judas ****, but he did say the same things about the club that us fans have been saying for years, so I really don't get the griping over what he said. The fans rage and fury would be better suited being directed at the man who sold us short.

Wenger used to go head to head with SAF, why has that stopped? Since Wenger's been here, SAF has won 10 titles compared him winning 3. 5 of those have come since we last won the league, or won anything for that matter. Why the fuck is he still here?
    Well there was a stadium move that (just coincidentally) was followed by a shareholder buyout. We sold all our decent players to fund it. The goal was to help us compete with the likes of Utd. I assume by compete they meant sell RvP to them.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because he's meeting the board's (his bosses) objectives.
    Top 4 finishes, plenty of money rolling in from the fans and the good people at Sky and UEFA.
    Everyone's happy.

Well, everyone but the fans but hey, we're still filling the stadium, buying the shirts and and paying for Sky Sports so who cares about that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Well there was a stadium move that (just coincidentally) was followed by a shareholder buyout. We sold all our decent players to fund it. The goal was to help us compete with the likes of Utd. I assume by compete they meant sell RvP to them.

I like this post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The stadium it seems was one of the biggest cons in history..."to compete with the biggest clubs in the world", "No point having a world class stadium and not having a world class team" etc etc.

Fortunately some ready made excuses then turned up in the likes of Chelsea and Man City.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    At least you talk sense . Most fans are blinded by emotion . They blame the Board or the Manager for refusing to strengthen and make the team competitive but when the players , who know better than us how the team is being run , react , the same fans blame the players more than the culprits who don't care about the fans .
    RVP was loyal and a great player for us but the team let him down . You can't be watching other people winning everything every day and accept it simply because your bosses don't want to win anything . I could have understood people anger towards Van Persie if Arsenal tried to win something . Our transfer policy is wrong and out of date . We are one of the worst in transfer policy . The likes of Swansea , QPR , ...are better than us in that respect .How can we expect to keep our star players ? Plus , our wages are just ridiculous . We pay more money to average and injury-prone players who can not help the team and refuse to give money to those who work hard for the team . We refused to add world class players to help RVP and our offer to him was around 130k per week . How could we have kept him ?
    You see I get that RVP left us for a club where he was more likely to win things. I get that the board and the manager have crapped on us fans by selling the crown jewels every year, and put the boot in by gifting Manure the league into the bargain. But the club letting RVP down? Really? By supporting him though year after year of injury, making him club captain? Turning him into the complete striker and building the team around him?

There is no way in hell Arsenal owed RVP anything, and the day any team starts deferring to any player on matters of transfer policy is the day things start going wrong. We fans may agree with the opinion that RVP expressed when he left but that is not the point. If anyone let anyone else down, RVP let Arsenal down. His motives for doing so do not, IMO, come into this particular argument.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Because he's meeting the board's (his bosses) objectives.
    Top 4 finishes, plenty of money rolling in from the fans and the good people at Sky and UEFA.
    Everyone's happy.

Well, everyone but the fans but hey, we're still filling the stadium, buying the shirts and and paying for Sky Sports so who cares about that?
    Ok then. But the stadium isn't exactly being filled these, huh? It's obvious we're on a crash course should we continue down this path. Let's see how much longer we'll be finishing top four, and let's so how many more players of worth we're going to have to sell for profit.

Also, it would be interesting to see some credible figures on how our shirt sales have been trending over a few years now.
    Last edited by Özil's Panoramic View; 24-04-2013 at 11:38 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    You see I get that RVP left us for a club where he was more likely to win things. I get that the board and the manager have crapped on us fans by selling the crown jewels every year, and put the boot in by gifting Manure the league into the bargain. But the club letting RVP down? Really? By supporting him though year after year of injury, making him club captain? Turning him into the complete striker and building the team around him?

There is no way in hell Arsenal owed RVP anything, and the day any team starts deferring to any player on matters of transfer policy is the day things start going wrong. We fans may agree with the opinion that RVP expressed when he left but that is not the point. If anyone let anyone else down, RVP let Arsenal down. His motives for doing so do not, IMO, come into this particular argument.
    The injuries weren't his fault to be fair and it was our choice to offer him new contract, I personally the motive was to stop us needing to buy anyone else (just as we do with the likes of Diaby, Rosicky etc).

In the end he got to 28/29 and was looking at his final contract, we basically told him we're 2% away from domination and have the best group of players and that transfers are always the answer and he realised there's no hope of anything changing and then decided to leave.

By staying he would basically be sacrificing his career to a club who have no ambition, that might be OK to some players but very few top players will want to settle for that only to look back at their career and think what could have been.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok then. But the stadium isn't exactly being filled these, huh? It's obvious we're on a crash course should we continue down this path. Let's see how much longer we'll be finishing top four, and let's so how many more players of worth we're going to have to sell for profit.

Also, it would be interesting to see some credible figures on how our shirt sales have been trending over a few years now.
    Its a complete fiasco. I'd be surprised if we even register in terms of gaining new worldwide fans these days. I mean if you were born after 1998, why would you support Arsenal. Manure; Citeh; Chelsea are not only cleaning up the trophies, they are establishing new fan-bases and new marketing opportunities. Its astonishing that a board so money-fixated can't see that long term, their current policy is killing, not strengthening the club.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter