User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do You Want Arsene To Stay Or Go?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Want Arsene To Stay On

10 26.32%
  • I Want Arsene To Stay On If....

8 21.05%
  • I Want Arsene To Go

20 52.63%
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Wenger Referendum II - And this time it's personal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me, if we win the fa cup and finish strongly in the league then he deserves one more season to get it right. Ive changed my opinion several times on whether he should go or not but for me especially with the two manchester games there have been significant changes. Ozil and Alexis have added some serious quality, Giroud has stepped up too. If we can attack second place and get that with a trophy then he gets one more shot.

If we limp over the line making the same mistakes as we have for the past few years then i think he should probably walk away but the manchester results, especially united, has given hope that Wenger is changing himself too. He is sticking to his principles but adjusting the tactics as well. If he continues to do that then one more shot. The proof will be in how many points we take against liverppol, chelsea and united. If we can get 7/9 then i think that is huge improvement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    It's a reasonable target over 10 seasons though and we should be aiming for and expect to win both the title and the CL. That should be the MINIMUM expectation at all times and it's entirely reasonable for a club with Arsenal's resources to effectively challenge for both. From the board through the manager the players and the fans, total victory across the spectrum is the goal at all times. Every loss is a failure and there are no excuses ever.

Above is a winning mentality.

"I don't think it's reasonable...", "I'd settle for...", "We can't expect to...", "Finishing 2nd would be an achievement...", "Better the devil you know...", these are all the loser's mentality. The moment you preface a challenge with any of these qualifiers you have lost.

You asked the question, I'm giving you an Olympic champion's, world heavyweight champion's, world cup winner's response. For people who get paid an obscene fortune every week to do what they love there are two ways to go, take those gifts and give back every ounce of effort in achieving all that can be achieved or be complacent and take without giving back.

In sport you can fail. Most do. But if you fail without expecting to succeed then your mentality is shit. If you fail having given every last drop of effort then that's an acceptable platform on which to try again. That's progress. Anything else is unacceptable. This isn't a charity or a hobby or a part time job, it's the pinnacle of professional sport. So I'll stick with requiring the title or the CL because I ASSUME the manager thinks the same way and will act accordingly. If that's not the case then of course he shouldn't be the manager.
    Big post. You've made progress! Seems like our talks are finally rubbing off!

In all seriousness, I've never understood the '4th place is a trophy' mentality Wenger has carried around. We've settled on 4th pace for years and I've understood why the lack of success in recent years never burned him or severely bruised his ego. I've always hated the way he's defended the ambition of Board and shifted the focus on financial stability as if their goals should be the standard in the football. The mentality of the Board will always be different because they're looking over the commercial side of things and a win for them is different to the sort of targets the player's and manager wish to achieve in their careers. Any desire for silverware on the Boards part has to be linked with the commercial and financial spoils it will bring. I can understand that. It's the nature of that side of the business and not just exclusive to football. But the players and manager should want victory and ultimate victory on the pitch. The day we're satisfied with 4th in the league, then something is really wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's time for Wenger to move on. If he can finish his career on a high with silverware, then I'm all for it. That's the perfect way to end it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Shopping mall Santa?
    Youve got far too much time on your habds to think of that one! - good shout though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta go
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    Gotta go
    Care to elaborate?

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He needs a shite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2017 should be a good time to go for the current Italy manager and former Juve manager (name escapes me now). Pep should be tired of eating German sausages (for dinner.....you of naughty imagination) by that time too I think. Either would be great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    You know my conditions.. challenge for the PL, challenge for the CL and beat a Mourinho side. I do not think any of this is going to happen this season. May be the last one has a chance but I definitely wont be holding my breath. I know that Mourinho will be salivating to get one more win against Wenger.. unfortunately I do not see Wenger having that same kind of hunger to put one over Mourinho.

I have seen enough false dawns under Wenger to know that a few wins will usually lead to nothing but disappointment.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal have had most of their successful years with Arsene Wenger . The same man that fans are questioning his abilities to bring the team to the next level now . Success can never be built all of the sudden . It is a process that goes step by step .
    We were enjoying success at Highbury and no one realised the stadium was a bird nest and was holding the team back . Wenger conceived the Emirates that we are proud of and enjoying . That came with a heavy price to pay : we lost the success of our tiny Highbury and the ability to buy top players as we had to finance our new home .
    That problem seems solved .
    If we can win our FA cup and push Chelsea and City as far as we can and grab a second or third place , if we can add one or two top players on top of what we already have , I can not see any reason why Wenger shouldn't be allowed to continue the work he has started .
    Changing the manager is not a bad idea but who is that person who will do more than what Wenger has done ? Is the Arsenal board prepared to spend millions on top players every season like Chelsea or Man City ? I , personally , doubt it .
    Following all these reasons , for me , it is Wenger In ATM .
    DO NOT POSTPONE TODAY'S DUTY FOR TOMORROW .IT MAY BE TOO LATE .