User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Andre Santos- The Muppet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the manager that's signs this sh*te to be fair, the guy you've been defending recently by saying he's the best we can get.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure what he did wrong today and nowhere near as bad as made out to be but not good enough

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know why he isn't frozen out like Squillaci. Everyone would have picked him as the outstanding weak link before the game even started yesterday. Surely there are reserves available? I'd rather see Miquel (where is he?) or Yennaris. Even Meade. Why not?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Work permit thing? We could end up having to pay the bastard to go home and lounge on the beach if he doesn't ever play. Which would be a better option than letting him play.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Bendtner View Post
    I don't know why he isn't frozen out like Squillaci. Everyone would have picked him as the outstanding weak link before the game even started yesterday. Surely there are reserves available? I'd rather see Miquel (where is he?) or Yennaris. Even Meade. Why not?
    Well considering we paid 6million for him and he takes home 50k per week I don't think Arsene could bring himself to write off a player so quickly. Andre Santos is a horrible Football player, he's nothing more than a panic buy, one that was brought in to paper over the cracks after Arsene "wrecked the team" 2 summers ago.

It's all very well selling players but if you don't have anybody of a decent standard lined up then well..........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Well considering we paid 6million for him and he takes home 50k per week I don't think Arsene could bring himself to write off a player so quickly. Andre Santos is a horrible Football player, he's nothing more than a panic buy, one that was brought in to paper over the cracks after Arsene "wrecked the team" 2 summers ago.

It's all very well selling players but if you don't have anybody of a decent standard lined up then well..........
    That was panic buy summer after us getting thrashed 8-2, we weren't going to buy anyone if not for that, but that result put the pressure on (just like the Bradford result before we got a few wins).

Arteta - Not been that great, but then played out of position so harsh to judge him
    Mertersacker - Slow and not great in the air, not convinced with him
    Santos - Can't defend, work rate questionnable, really a winger not a full back though
    Ox Chamberlain - Young talent who cost a lot, one for the future really
    Bennayoun - Bit part player who offered little

Add to that:
    Park - Didn't play, waste of money
    Gervinho - Don't need to say much about him, the opinion on this board speaks for itself
    Jenkinson - Done Ok, could be a decent player

That's a pretty horrendous summer for a manager with "no money" 4 panic buys at least and a list of signings that haven't impressed, all this to replace two top class players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post

He wrote off Squillaci, as I said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all too easy to write off Santos as shit, lazy, uninterested, fat and an embarrassment to the Club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    It's all too easy to write off Santos as shit, lazy, uninterested, fat and an embarrassment to the Club.
    i remember seeing the guy in confederations cup several years ago and i thought who is this guy that dares to play in the spot vacated by the great roberto carlos. he had a decent tournament i won't lie so when i saw we signed him i was like ahhh...

but i don't know what the heck has happened...on saturday he looked terrible, he seemed winded midway through the first half...yes he didn't have the worst of games but i just expect better for a player of his pedigree. dude STARTED for a winning brazil side for god's sake. he must have learned something playing against those guys in training and stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He isn't a bad player at all, he just has a very unprofessional attitude to the game. He was tweeting at 4am before the match ffs.