User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs Southampton (home).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal 4 points clear

Stupid goal post ruining 2 contenders for goal of the year

Im still not convinced that we can win this year, but 4 points clear by december is alot better than the 10 points behind, as we usually have been. Plus players like Cazorla, Özil, Walcott, Podolski, etc have hardly shifted out of 2nd gear yet (for different reasons), so we can only improve. Im really looking forward to Özil and Walcott getting to know eachother on the field, we've seen glimpses of it the 2 times they've been on the field together and i think it will be awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't believe how bad Boruc's error was. It was so casual, not even a look of a desperation about him. I think he pretty much thought 'fuck' after the first failed turn and gave up.

What a man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ramsey

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting comments on Ozil failing to dominate games.

Like many great Arsenal players before him, it often does take them a white to settle in. I don't think he's the sort of player who will dominate or run a game like Fabregas or Vieira, but he is certainly the kind of guy who will win us games with moments of genius.

It's great how we are topping the table and dominating games despite him not even settling in yet. Cazorla and Arteta didn't really turn up either yesterday but our defense was rock solid, our British core never dropped the intensity and Giroud is becoming our Drogba.

I'm a huge fan of Giroud. His grandfather passed away 2 days ago and he was given leave as you'd imagine. He chose to stay and fight for his team-mates and the fans.

I'm not making the Drogba comparison willy nilly either. He's an absolute colossus. He jumps and brings the ball down like nothing I've seen before in an Arsenal shirt. He fights for absolutely everything, he's ferociously passionate, and he most definitely is a leader. Every time he puts the shirt on you can see he's trying to drag us over the line by our balls at times - either by scoring, constantly putting his body on the line, and his monumental defensive contribution.

Goal scoring wise as well, people think of Drogba as the titanic match winner he was at his best, but Giroud is embarrassing him thus far with regards to the first 2 seasons in the EPL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Giroud to drogba interesting and not very accurate. Drogba scored from nothing, hopefully hoofs upfield he used his power and pace to embarrass defenders. Giroud is that sort of striker, he isn't as clinical but I think he is more of a team player. Drogba wanted to be the main man giroud wants to be part of the team.

Like has been said before we are doing well because we are defensively sound. We keep a lead very well which is why we are where we are. Chasing a game is a bit of a shambles though. As long as we keep scoring first we will win the league.

The ozil factor definitely done more psychologically than physically. The players believe and ramsey has been unreal.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When do we start to believe ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon View Post
    When do we start to believe ?
    Cautiously optimistic, me.

A heck of a lot of football to be played though, I'll be pleasantly surprised if we are still top come the new year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drogba's first 2 and a half seasons here were particularly patchy. At that point he very much looked a busted flush but boy did he prove himself after that. Drogba's time to settle here is a little unusual given his physical prowess and speed put him in good stead to do well but he had to learn to cut out the theatrics and compose himself in front of goal. He is quite the exception when it comes to foreign forwards coming over here.

Conaldo took a similar time to settle but he was much younger and his body was much less built for it when he first arrived.

I'm still not sure Giroud is the man for every occasion, or to spearhead a charge in every competition, going toe to toe against the best sides in Europe like Drogba was, but I've been absolutely delighted with his application.

I think comparing him to Drogba is a little counter productive in a sense as Drogba, as much as I hate to admit it, is one of the best African players there has ever been and one of the best centre forwards in modern times period.

I feel like Giroud should do a little better in the air in regards to heading the ball. In the oppositions net, that is. Rather than away from our own, or with his back to goal in the middle of the park.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bif is definitely more of a team player but Dids was a seriously top, top player. Delivered in so many season defining games for Chelsea, wasn't always the most prolific but he did manage to score 30+ on 2 occasions, which is something Bif should be aspiring to do as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Özil's the type of player to make those around him better by doing the simple stuff well, as well as the flashes of genius we've seen. From what I've seen, I don't think he'll be one to do keepy-ups and backheels in the 6 yard box, he's a lot more subtle than that, and he can, it's just he won't do it unnecessarily. He'll do stuff that seems easy, and most of the time it's because it is: he'll spot something simple and do it rather than try something that has less chance of working.

Players like that often go unnoticed, but atm I think he's invaluable to our team.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting