User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Man United 0-1 Arsenal player ratings and match reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    Regarding Xhaka, my take is there was always a good player in there but he was being misused by managers until last season. Once he was playing in a system that highlighted his strengths and mitigated his weaknesses, he we started seeing the player we paid all that money for back in the day.

HCZ is right that we haven't missed him, though.

Yesterday was weird. There were a couple of times when they made decoy runs that completely opened us up, and a decent finisher would've punished us.

We were uncharacteristically shite in possession and Arteta keeping Partey on for as long as he did was really strange IMO. Seemed obvious to me that he was a disaster waiting to happen, especially given it was 1-0. He'd already let Hojland in 1 on 1, he was giving the ball away for fun and not tracking back at all. One of the worst individual performances I've seen from any player in a long time. Auba against Watford is the only one I can recall that was that irredeemable.

Still though, we won in the league at Old Trafford for the first time since 2006, that's worth a hell of a lot.
    We win there I. 2020 as well but point stands, it was a huge win yesterday. Performance was irrelevant, 3 points was all that matters. We took them

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. That was Utd's 14th league defeat of the season!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Wow. That was Utd's 14th league defeat of the season!
    Most league defeats in a season going back to 1990

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    We win there I. 2020 as well but point stands, it was a huge win yesterday. Performance was irrelevant, 3 points was all that matters. We took them
    Covid doesn't count
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Most league defeats in a season going back to 1990
    Didn't think it could get worse for them than the Moyes season but here we are.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likely to end the season with a negative goal difference too. They’re absolutely shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously though, I think Garnacho is good and Arteta could probably turn him into an excellent player

If Man U have a clearout I thikn Arsenal should think about it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Seriously though, I think Garnacho is good and Arteta could probably turn him into an excellent player

If Man U have a clearout I thikn Arsenal should think about it
    I somehow doubt he’s the type of player they’ll be looking to clear out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    The other difference is that we don't have that moron Xhaka starting fights and breaking our concentration
    Breaking our concentration? That's fucking hilarious, if you meant it.

Tip, tap, tip, tap, tip, tap, Tip, tap, tip, tap, tip, tap, Tip, tap, tip, tap, tip, tap, Tip, tap, tip, tap, tip, tap, Tip, tap, tip, tap, tip, tap, Tip, tap, tip, tap, tip, tap, Tip, tap, tip, tap, tip, tap, Tip, tap, tip, tap, tip, tap, Tip, tap, tip, tap, tip, tap, Tip, tap, tip, tap, tip, tap, Tip, tap, tip, tap, tip, tap, Tip, tap, tip, tap, tip, tap, Tip, tap, tip, tap, tip, tap, Tip, tap, tip, tap, tip, tap, Tip, tap, tip, tap, tip, tap, Tip, tap, tip, tap, tip, tap, Tip, tap, tip, tap, tip, tap, Tip, tap, tip, tap, tip, tap, Tip, tap, tip, tap, tip, tap, Tip, tap, tip, tap, tip, tap, Tip, tap, tip, tap, tip, tap, Tip, tap, tip, tap, tip, tap, Tip, tap, tip, tap, tip, tap, Tip, tap, tip, tap, tip, tap, Tip, tap, tip, tap, tip, tap, Tip, tap, tip, tap, tip, tap, Tip, tap, tip, tap, tip, tap, Tip, tap, tip, tap, tip, tap,..

Thank fuck for Xhaka. He was a good player and a proper player too. Not his fault nobody plays proper football any more.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    Regarding Xhaka, my take is there was always a good player in there but he was being misused by managers until last season. Once he was playing in a system that highlighted his strengths and mitigated his weaknesses, he we started seeing the player we paid all that money for back in the day.

HCZ is right that we haven't missed him, though.

Yesterday was weird. There were a couple of times when they made decoy runs that completely opened us up, and a decent finisher would've punished us.

We were uncharacteristically shite in possession and Arteta keeping Partey on for as long as he did was really strange IMO. Seemed obvious to me that he was a disaster waiting to happen, especially given it was 1-0. He'd already let Hojland in 1 on 1, he was giving the ball away for fun and not tracking back at all. One of the worst individual performances I've seen from any player in a long time. Auba against Watford is the only one I can recall that was that irredeemable.

Still though, we won in the league at Old Trafford for the first time since 2006, that's worth a hell of a lot.
    Cost us £110 mill not to miss him.

As for Partey, was shit yesterday and has been shit in every game he has ever played for us, except when he's been playing in the fullback role. Clearly he's a fullback and not a midfielder.
    Für eure Sicherheit