User Tag List

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: We need a sugar daddy to compete.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBapologist View Post
    Our second string squad isn't good enough, we're unable to buy the type of talent we used to be able to buy (bergkamp would be a +40mill player in this market). We are just not competitive in a financial sense, and that's one of the main things that has changed in recent times. Your blinkered if you feel otherwise.
    You really haven't got a clue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our second string squad isn't good enough, we're unable to buy the type of talent we used to be able to buy (bergkamp would be a +40mill player in this market). We are just not competitive in a financial sense, and that's one of the main things that has changed in recent times. Your blinkered if you feel otherwise.
    Bergkamp would have never cost 40 million, when we picked him up he'd just had an unsuccessful spell at Inter.

You can buy quality, they might not be dirt cheap, but they don't cost 40 million either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We keep holding onto, pardon my language, dumbass fucking players. Hardly any of them have a footballer's brain and are all athlete. Two perfect examples are Song & Eboue...every game they play they are due for one blatantly dumb mistake. As a coach/former player I can tell you that shit is cancerous, high quality players then know they have to be prepared for the short bus players to have a lapse and do something they have cover for.

That then cause two things, player apathy & lack of respect for the manager. As player you feel let down that the manager will not fix the problem, plus you get tired of covering for others mistakes. Which leads to where we are now with a lot of good players wanting to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    You really haven't got a clue.
    Pretty much all i've heard from you is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Punchinello Beezo View Post
    Ah the old "Everthing bad is Wengers fault and everthing good is luck" technique.
    *Shrugs*

If you believe SAF coming here with our squad would win us the league, then AW should be given a huge amount of credit for putting together a champion winning size on an 8th the budget of everyone else (similar to the way Roiche and Bould are eulogised on here) - I don't think some of the players are good enough personality, and a manager in a club with high aspirations and resources wouldn't have put up with it for as long as we have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*Shrugs*

If you believe SAF coming here with our squad would win us the league, then AW should be given a huge amount of credit for putting together a champion winning size on an 8th the budget of everyone else (similar to the way Roiche and Bould are eulogised on here) - I don't think some of the players are good enough personality, and a manager in a club with high aspirations and resources wouldn't have put up with it for as long as we have.
    No you haven't.

You heard a reasoned point, clearly explained but you just can't grasp it despite it being in front of your eyes for a number of years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    Bergkamp would have never cost 40 million, when we picked him up he'd just had an unsuccessful spell at Inter.

You can buy quality, they might not be dirt cheap, but they don't cost 40 million either.
    He was a well known talent, these days we'd either stay clear of a bidding war or we'd be forced to wait until the final year of the players contract. I can remember Milan quoting 30mill for Hunterhaar after his first season!
    Last edited by AKBapologist; 08-06-2011 at 01:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    No you haven't.

You heard a reasoned point, clearly explained but you just can't grasp it despite it being in front of your eyes for a number of years.
    I really didn't mate. It's the 2% away nonsense in a different guise... "oh if only we had a different manager... because everything else is perfect."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah the old "Everthing bad is Wengers fault and everthing good is luck" technique.

I always preferred the hells wind staff myself

I always preferred the hells wind staff myself
    Far from it; it is quite a tangible argument to be made. If you look at the squad make-up since he arrived up to now, it is telling how striking the difference in personality and character are.

We can choose to blame the playing staff as much as we want, and claim they have "no passion" and what not -- but at the helm of that is a man being paid 6mil a year to get that right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bergkamp was cut-price because Inter had given up on him. Anelka was nothing, Vieira was nothing, Cesc was nothing. Henry was another who was at a cut-price at the time.

It's not about the money. It's about how Wenger is running the current team. It's about the way he hasn't addressed the problems within that team...a defence that leaks soft goals, the inability to get the right mental attitude within his group of players etc etc.

He refuses to think about outside influences. He will not make the tactical adjustments needed, and in essence does not pay the due respect to other teams that any other manager would.

It isn't money we need. He can go out and spend if he wants. As could any manager who came in. And therefore, throwing money and seeing if it sticks doesn't solve the problem.

We need him, or someone else to sort out the ethos at the club. We don't need a sugar daddy.

Therefore I don't see what your argument is about....why do we need a sugar daddy if we have money to spend??
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*Shrugs*

I'm pretty sure SAF wouldn't put up with the rubbish Arsene does. Arsene is too passive, he's too wrapped up in his stupid failing project to see the wood through the trees.

SAF would be a lot more pragmatic & ruthless IMHO. I'm not saying SAF would win us the league with this squad but he would most definitely get more out of them.