User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Reaction and Shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    You'd rather have what we have to Di Maria, Falcoa, Shaw, Blind, Herrera? I wouldnt' Man U have sign two top top class players (Di Maria was unplayable at times and Falcoa scores a hatful), a player who was brilliant at the World Cup and arguably Southampton's stand out player.

Aside from Sanchez (top class but not as good as Di Maria IMO), we've not signed top top quality players, just good players and projects.
    Alexis is every bit as good as Di Maria and probably more consistent. Utd have massively overpaid for Shaw and he'll do very well to better Chambers' start. Falcao wants to be at Madrid so this is his stop gap year, great player but not exactly the future of Utd. Blind no better than Debuchy and still has to prove he can hack it in this league. Herrera, don't know, we'll see. Not a huge amount in it but I'll take ours.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So who's this Falcoa fella?
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like the fact we've knowingly gone into a campaign not really believing the squad is good enough to challenge for the title, which seems to have been the intimation from Wenger's comments.

I'm not sure that is wholly excusable any more. The great hand, giveth and he taketh.

The suspicion is that unless you are as well oiled as Bayern Munich / Barcelona....you need a world class forward. They will cover a multitude of sin, defensive errors, lack of mojo,days of being 'jaded' or spurious operations by the officials a notion you lot are constantly peddling.

But alas, still no world class forward which is what a club of our stature, and supposed ambition should have. At least 1!

The reaction to Welbeck potentially coming in was comical though!

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterling Archer View Post
    So who's this Falcoa fella?
    As every newsreader-in-order-to-make-it-obvious-they-don't-watch-football hilariously pointed out, the guy who sang 'Rock Me Amadeus'.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warmed to the Welbeck move. A decent transfer in all fairness considering the market available.

However I've started becoming quite furious with the defensive situation. 6 first team defenders for four positions and one of them is the chronically injured Gibbs and we have CL football to contend with??? That is almost criminally negligent.

One long term injury to anyone of Chambers/Koscienly/BFG and we're fucked until January. It would basically mean zero rest for the other two and no way to deal with any suspensions or niggles. Per and Kos are coming of the back of a 50 game season and WC football as it is and are heavily at risk of being in the red zone.

Indefensible from Wenger - he assured us after Vermelen left that we would replace him irrespective of Chambers coming in (who was brought in as a right back). Even if he couldn't find someone who he really wanted, we still should have got in some reasonable defensive cover. Someone like Alderweid who Southampton have just got on loan from Athletico Madrid would have been perfect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No matter which way you try to rationalise it, it doesn't make any sense. Wenger is a complete weirdo at times. Mertesacker has retired from Internationals so hopefully that lowers the risk of injury a bit. But it really is pot luck. Giroud would've been my safest bet for another 50 game season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's placing a huge amount of (misplaced) trust in Monreal. He even sold Miquel to further hone his options to nothing. Flamini will spend a lot of the season in defence. Which then starts to expose the lack of options for the midfield holding role. I suppose he'll try and shoehorn Ox or Jack or even Rosicky in there if need be, unless he seriously thinks Diaby can go a season uninjured. There's optimism, there's wishful thinking and there's never fucking happening. You can count Gibbs out for half a season on and off, he;s made of glass. We run the risk of crocking Chambers long term if he's expected to fill in everywhere. Can we get the much maligned Jenks back? It's all a bit silly.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or maybe the players he really wants have agreed to sign but they can't do it until January?

There's optimism, there's wishful thinking and there's never fucking happening.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    No matter which way you try to rationalise it, it doesn't make any sense. Wenger is a complete weirdo at times. Mertesacker has retired from Internationals so hopefully that lowers the risk of injury a bit. But it really is pot luck. Giroud would've been my safest bet for another 50 game season.
    After both Kos and Mertesacker managed to quite luckily avoid any major injury issues last season, just general sod's law will mean that one of them will do their knee in training this week. That's usually how these things balance out.

I'm wondering whether the negative reaction from the fanbase to the Kallstrom loan deal (quite unjustly IMO) last January scared Wenger of doing a similar type of short term deal this window even if it would have been perfect.

Also, if the Manolas rumours are true about us missing out on him over 2 million then it makes the whole situation even more ridiculous. At the very least we could have kept Miguel but alas we've let him go as well.

Sigh, it's going to have to be daily praying to the footballing gods for all CB's to remain fit until January at the very least.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about playing Chambers at CDM?

Better tackling than both Flamini and Arteta.

Not that fast, but faster than both of them and has the legs

Great with the ball

---------Welbz-------------

Sanchez - Ozil - Theo

Ramsey - Chambers

Gibbs - Kosc - Bfg - Debuchy

Chesney/Ospy