Thread: Man U reaction and player ratings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    At least we have coached the best out of Saliba already

Not surprised either.
    That goal was just as much Gabriel's fault, and Arteta's by extension. When your partner is so out of position and desperately exposed, as Saliba was, the other CB needs to be aware and provide the cover, or a fullback needs to do the job. But all of them were caught just as they have been caught so regularly for over a decade. The same basics being beyond the reach of the coach and the players.

It's sadder to see how utterly inept Martinelli and Saka are now. Two young and previously unpredictable, attacking minded players who have become just more of the same garbage processed through the Arsenal training regime. Tip, tap, extra touch, extra extra touch, fucking up the final ball with 100% efficiency. Seems like every time a player gats a contract their talent is diminished by 50%
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    That goal was just as much Gabriel's fault, and Arteta's by extension. When your partner is so out of position and desperately exposed, as Saliba was, the other CB needs to be aware and provide the cover, or a fullback needs to do the job. But all of them were caught just as they have been caught so regularly for over a decade. The same basics being beyond the reach of the coach and the players.

It's sadder to see how utterly inept Martinelli and Saka are now. Two young and previously unpredictable, attacking minded players who have become just more of the same garbage processed through the Arsenal training regime. Tip, tap, extra touch, extra extra touch, fucking up the final ball with 100% efficiency. Seems like every time a player gats a contract their talent is diminished by 50%
    Do I assume correctly that you didn’t watch the game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    Must be nice for you to be right for once, mate.
    Talking to yourself again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Or just buy a Proper DM, a reliable one that doesn't miss half of his games to date in his Arsenal career. This team is handicapped when Partey is out. Sambi isn't a DM, Xhaka isn't a DM. Elneny is an OK DM, Partey is a crock, always injured and I'm sick of him TBH.

I actually quite like Sambi, I think he is a decent option at 8, the way he moves the ball is really impressive TBH.
    Well, the simple fact of the matter is that this team are mid table without him. No one else comes even close to making the difference to the team he does. He's that good.

He'd have been there in the monumental gap in CM for the first and second goal of theirs. Would've controlled the pace of the game much better too when a tempo change was required.

He's, by far, the single most important player at club.

Anyone who doesn't see this loved being molested by their dad as a child.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Do I assume correctly that you didn’t watch the game?
    Watched the last 30 minutes. Same old shite. Both teams way below the standard I'd expect for a so-called "premier" league. Players can't pass, have no composure, almost always choose the easy option. Boring and uninspiring.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the simple fact of the matter is that this team are mid table without him. No one else comes even close to making the difference to the team he does. He's that good.

He'd have been there in the monumental gap in CM for the first and second goal of theirs. Would've controlled the pace of the game much better too when a tempo change was required.

I’m convinced social services have a file on you longer than my arm and you slipped away to the states under an assumed identity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes he is, but he is always injured too. I read a stat the other day he has only played 58% of Arsenal's games since he has been here. He is unreliable, constantly crocked. If Arteta thinks Tierney needs competition with the Zinchenko signing then our priority purchase should be a new DM and we should blow our budget on one. Partey can be a rotation option. We can't build the team around a crocked player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Watched the last 30 minutes. Same old shite. Both teams way below the standard I'd expect for a so-called "premier" league. Players can't pass, have no composure, almost always choose the easy option. Boring and uninspiring.
    I half agree. United definitely weren’t premier league level and with the midfield we have we are at best mid table quality

But Brighton are awful and still managed to win at Old Trafford but because we have a coach that seems to be employing the same tactical set up as Mourinho when he was daring the Chelsea board to fire him in 2015 (the only difference is Arteta is deluded enough to think he will be successful)

For me this felt far more like losing to Forest last year in the fa cup, at least they outplayed us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Yes he is, but he is always injured too. I read a stat the other day he has only played 58% of Arsenal's games since he has been here. He is unreliable, constantly crocked. If Arteta thinks Tierney needs competition with the Zinchenko signing then our priority purchase should be a new DM and we should blow our budget on one. Partey can be a rotation option. We can't build the team around a crocked player.
    I don’t even buy into the idea that he’s that good. He stank the place out for months this time last year. Honestly if you don’t believe me watch the game away at Brighton and look how easy it was for them to dispossess him. Similar story a year earlier at Tottenham. Even before he overexerted himself and got injured they were going through him like Sidney Cook’s gang went through Jason Swift.
    If he’s our best player we are well and truly fucked.

He’s definitely our best central midfielder but that’s a low bar to hurdle over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I don’t even buy into the idea that he’s that good. He stank the place out for months this time last year. Honestly if you don’t believe me watch the game away at Brighton and look how easy it was for them to dispossess him. Similar story a year earlier at Tottenham. Even before he overexerted himself and got injured they were going through him like Sidney Cook’s gang went through Jason Swift.
    If he’s our best player we are well and truly fucked.

He’s definitely our best central midfielder but that’s a low bar to hurdle over.
    He's kind of the most important player in the sense that when he is out the team we really suffer in that area of the pitch. I can't think of one other player in the team who if is out really weakens it, probably Jesus....though Eddie is fast improving. The issue is more to do with a Squad building problem that needs to be addressed in the next window or next summer.