User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Arsenal goal in the Wenger era

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Too many to choose from but this springs to mind.

This, loved that goal, was really fitting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember this game well, was watching it with one of my cousins who's a huge United fan.

Ryan Giggs

Edu

Fergie and Beckham after the game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Bergkamp vs Newcastle for me - I've never seen anyone score a goal like that before and I doubt I ever will again. All the flowing moves, mazy runs, long-range drives, volleys, lobs, etc are great, but you see a lot of them over the years - that one was almost unique...
    that is what i was thinking, you see counter attacking goals, goals from long range etc but you dont see a guy flick the ball round the defender and spin the other way to totally bamboozle everyone. bergkamp was different gravy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post

I remember this game well, was watching it with one of my cousins who's a huge United fan.

Ryan Giggs

Edu

Fergie and Beckham after the game
    i was getting sky installed that day and had to keep running between rooms to watch the football and ensure the sky guy was doing the job properly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the goals and all our play and players in the 7-0 demolition job on Everton (which we are repeating this weekend by the way).

You can take your Barcelonas and Madrids and your Messis and Ronaldos and roll them into whatever configuration you want but nobody in the modern game played such exhilarating and jump out of your seats in astonishment football as we did - bar the Brazilians when Brazilian football was Brazilian football. Football has changed much for the worse. Watching the CL this week you see all the big names and big budgets, but who actually enjoyed watching it? Certainly some good goals but the shit you have to endure in between and on top of that the rolling and the diving and the cheating. We used to laugh at Uruguay, now this is normal and shits like Rooney are indignant when you mention it. You have to hand it to Wenger, he has a vision of the way football should be and he's one of the very few who has managed to realise that vision on the pitch. Everything is drowned in cynicism and cash now, but we all got to see football how it can be and with the added bonus of it being played by our team in our shirts. It was never about the trophies, it was always about watching football like that, played the way it was meant to be.

Just look at the roll call of masters in this video. We sometimes forget just how amazing these guys were in our rush to applaud the few scraps we see by comparison today.

Für eure Sicherheit

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WILTOOOOOOOOORD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joy to watch that, NQ. Ta.

Control, speed of though, speed of body and pure fuckin power.

Wenger. Please watch this again.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh goodness, the FA Cup win at OT was a classic. Wiltord's goal was lovely, but the Giggs miss is just such a classic.

Not even just that it went over, but that the defending was such a farce: Keown slips, Seaman goes to ground and doesn't get there, Campbell falls over... and still over the bar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Joy to watch that, NQ. Ta.

Control, speed of though, speed of body and pure fuckin power.

Wenger. Please watch this again.
    Bergkamp's ball for the first goal...

Players like that don't come along very often, and to have him and Henry in the same team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Bergkamp's ball for the first goal...

Players like that don't come along very often, and to have him and Henry in the same team
    Bergkamp's vision was unmatched. I've never seen anything like it.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.