Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: And so it begins

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    The thing is though they sold Torres at the same time, and bought Suarez as well. The net outlay was significantly less when you consider the transfers all together. Considering Torres' form was patchy anyway, and he looked uninterested for much of the season (and has been shit for Chelsea) I think the Carroll-Suarez deal was very good for them. Moreover I don't think he's "potential" in the same sense of some of Wenger's signings being potential, because Carroll can come straight into the starting line-up for them and you won't get Dalglish claiming "you should judge me in 5 years time when these players are at their peak".
    This

The world and its dog knows Carroll isnt worth £35m but when fit, he will go straight in to the first team and if he scores for them then they wont care how much he cost.

When we buy a kid for big money, we have to wait years before he produces the good if he does at all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Punchinello Beezo View Post
    can i just throw something in here?

They paid £35mil for a dribbling fuckstick with a pony tail
    Dribbling fuckstick + pony tail

Lollerpool
    somebody put something in my milk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    this belief they talk about. what has it won then in the last five years?
    hearts and minds. in a white bap with lots of onions
    Last edited by Alan B'stard; 17-06-2011 at 02:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Gooner View Post
    Yes, it is not surprising that Liverpool fans have renewed belief but whether that continues once the season starts is another matter.

As to what is to believe in with regard to Arsenal? Well, there is the belief that the team cannot do as badly as it did last year; or that Wenger has realised the error of his ways and will address the key problem area(s); that fans will stop dumping of the (bad) flavour of the month player at the slightest excuse and actively support the team.
    Sure, but Liverpool fans have seen a tangible upturn in their fortunes and although they appear to have more money than sense at the moment, it is very much an exciting period for them. The points you listed with us are all things that may or may not happen, it looks like we might have a busy transfer window but you can never guess what Wenger is planning, so I'm not sold just yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool are my tip for the Quadruple
    Society is now one polished horde
    Formed by two mighty tribes, the bores and the bored.

"After all, it was the Gunners’ goalkeeper who started the move that culminated in Thomas’ crowning glory. It was Lukic who, in injury time, decided to throw the ball out to Lee Dixon rather than lump it long..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    it looks like we might have a busy transfer window but you can never guess what Wenger is planning, so I'm not sold just yet.
    I trust Wenger in the transfer market about as much as I'd trust a joyrider with my car keys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends mostly on their squad, some part on their manager, a little bit on their luck.

A number of teams regularly outspend us, yet end up with inferior squads. It's possible that could change this year. We need to invest in the side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by milla View Post
    Dribbling fuckstick + pony tail

Lollerpool
    dribbling fuckstick+ponytail?

is that the same dribbling fuckstick+ponytail that managed to leap above our 'fuckstick' defence to score when playing for 'castle?

in that case we had better look into spending at least 35mil to stop him and his like

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Injury Time View Post
    Liverpool are my tip for the Quadruple
    They're not even in the Europa League though .

Liverpool .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to be honest every team start the season believing that they will do better than the last but not all do cough cough

Liverpool will think thay have what it takes and there will be some who will fly their flag for them.........

I dont care what is said about other teams than my own and if the Arsenal of 2011/12 can for once take some of the lessons they have to have learnt from the year before into the new season then there is no reason why we cant think that season bodes well