User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Match Reaction vs Red Star Belgrade (away)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    It isn't.
    You expect an "average" squad with an "awful" manage to finish in the top 4?

You are silly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    You expect an "average" squad with an "awful" manage to finish in the top 4?

You are silly.
    I expect, better performances, better wins and more exciting games, not the mundane boring rubbish we spout out every week, we were rubbish last season and finish 5th which says a lot about the quality of the teams below us last season (they were rubbish as well), only difference is we had a bigger squad so could deal with tiredness better.

I also don't expect a 10-2 thrashing by Bayern Munich, that sums up the quality of the squad, how many other teams have been beaten 10-2 by them? So yeah we're rubbish.

You're the silly one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    We can't afford to throw all our eggs in one basket. Mourinho could do that last season because he's a solid tactician and knew he had a great chance of winning the Europa league once they got to the quarter finals. Frankly I don't trust Wenger enough to win the Europa league. This isn't the FA cup where we can scrape past teams like Reading and Hull.
    Given that the likes of Atletico Madrid, Seville, Napoli and Borussia Dortmund all sit 3rd in their CL groups and could well be joining us in the Europa League knockout phase I don't think we stand a chance of winning it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I expect, better performances, better wins and more exciting games
    Why would you expect that from an "average" squad playing under an "awful" manager?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Why would you expect that from an "average" squad playing under an "awful" manager?
    From the club, not this bunch and that clueless guy at the helm, hence the need for change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Given that the likes of Atletico Madrid, Seville, Napoli and Borussia Dortmund all sit 3rd in their CL groups and could well be joining us in the Europa League knockout phase I don't think we stand a chance of winning it.
    Yeah we won't beat those sides, nowhere near good enough over two legs, we're 2nd tier now and at the level we belong, unfortunately some teams from a higher level look like they will join and end our chances.

We can give it a go at this or settle for the 2nd tier competitions like the FA Cup and League cup, not much of a choice.
    Last edited by Özim; 20-10-2017 at 02:36 PM.