User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Szczcesny really good enough for Arsenal ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You a badass mutha!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Japan Shaking All Over View Post
    To be fair to the guy......last season was his first full season between the sticks and considering his age I do not think he did that badly at all, as much as many beg to differ we are still one of the top clubs in the land and the pressure is immense. I thought he handled this well even though there was a bit of a slump, shit I don't think that didn't happen to any one in the team.

Ach is right he is not the best in the land but the potential to be so is there.......the people saying he needs competition are also right because he took over from a group that showed they didn't have what it took and did not offer much of a challenge to the position once it became clear that the #1 shirt was his. He needs to be pushed and he needs to push himself. I am happy to have him as first choice and expect even better things from him next term.
    Back on topic

No he didnt do that bad but ultimately hes paying for the mistakes of others. We dont have the time to wait for players to come good. We need them to come good now. Youth Project has been an utter failure.

I wouldnt mind Sir Ches staying number one but if there is a better keeper available and we dont buy him cos "we dont want to kill Chesney" then Wenger needs to fuck off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought he already needed to fuck off.

Anyway, we work with limited resources. There are greater priorities. Many of the points dropped happened because opponents of teams with vastly inferior resources cut through our midfield like they weren't there.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its not the biggest of problems but it could become one. Best to fix it now.

Buying a keeper shouldnt stop us from strengthening other areas. If it does then our financial situation isnt as good as Wenger/the board are making it out to be

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its not the biggest of problems but it could become one. Best to fix it now.

Buying a keeper shouldnt stop us from strengthening other areas. If it does then our financial situation isnt as good as Wenger/the board are making it out to be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heard you first time.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Post was so good, i had to post it twice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    Well he did show signs of being a good keeper during the season, but as you said, he's coasted alot since then due to having shit back ups on the side who never could put pressure on him as they were both shit. Funny thing is that all of our keepers bar Szcenzy are available on free transfers to other clubs, ie Mannone/Almunia/Fabianski. So bascially what Wenger was doing in the past 7-8 years has been more or less a waste of time in terms of the goalkeeping department, he should have brought in an experienced keeper like VDS or in the Lehmann mould, rather than fucking toying about with crap inexperienced ones. The only reason why Sczency was promoted was because everyone else was shit, not that he was much better ! .

But I think we need a good back up keeper that has premiership experience, My choice was Jussi Jaskalainan but he has gone to West Ham.
    Jussi was my choice few years ago .He was a real deal Just like Mark Schwarzer . I was really surprised and disappointed why Wenger didn't sign one of them when crazy Jens hung up his gloves .
    Shame there is no more good and experience goal-keepers available in the Premier league ATM . Shay Given and Jussi Jaskalainan look like a shadow of themselves . Maybe we should swallow our " pride" and recall Almunia and get used to his blunders ?
    DO NOT POSTPONE TODAY'S DUTY FOR TOMORROW .IT MAY BE TOO LATE .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Jussi was my choice few years ago .He was a real deal Just like Mark Schwarzer . I was really surprised and disappointed why Wenger didn't sign one of them when crazy Jens hung up his gloves .
    Shame there is no more good and experience goal-keepers available in the Premier league ATM . Shay Given and Jussi Jaskalainan look like a shadow of themselves . Maybe we should swallow our " pride" and recall Almunia and get used to his blunders ?
    They can sign me for half of Amlongia's salary. Cant be any worse really..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    They can sign me for half of Amlongia's salary. Cant be any worse really..
    Nothing is impossible with Wenger . He signed Mart Poom and paid his wages without playing a single game for Arsenal . He might sign you as well .
    DO NOT POSTPONE TODAY'S DUTY FOR TOMORROW .IT MAY BE TOO LATE .