User Tag List

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Zagreb 2 - Arsenal 1 Match Reaction Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Let's wait until the end of Wenger's next contract before judging his performance.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbf Wenger had to rotate a bit with the busy schedule ahead. Does he really have to do all six at the same time though? In the opening Champions league game?

Keepers don't even need a rest. Give Ospina the two domestic cups, don't fuck around in the Champions league.

Madness.

I think all of the squadies let themselves down. Gibbs was actually having a decent game but he closed his eyes and ducked out of the header for the second. The rest of them were terrible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Even though this result isn't the end of the world...it's the first game (Letters will agree here) but this is the sort of thing that shows Wenger just can't help himself. Just as we start to build confidence off the back of two wins, just as we start creating chances and maybe have an alternative option up front, just as we head into an important game at the Bridge, he pulls this stunt. Kills our momentum and we go into that game with our heads down feeling shaky and nervy and Chelsea will feel more confident after their win at home and know we've lost. I don't know what's wrong him. I really don't.
    Its not even the result that the issue, mate - its once again being reminded in no uncertain terms of the fundamental/irremediable flaws in Wenger's team; philosophy and tactical approach. And you said it - losing at Stamford Bridge is not a mathematical certainty, but the truth is that it was a distinct possibilty, maybe even a probability, even at 7.45 this evening!
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Awful result a decent team would have put them to the sword, we're massively overrated.
    Not by you.

Can't believe Wenger sold "og" to Zagreb though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Not by you.

Can't believe Wenger sold "og" to Zagreb though
    No not by me and rightly so because as has been shown we always fall short, we're not capable of challenging for the big prizes, we neither have the quality nor the ambition to bring the quality in, it's never going to change until we get a manager who is willing to put his money where his mouth is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't see the game as it was on at 2:45am or some silly hour here. It was a bad result but, given it's a mini-league, not a disaster. I think we'll quality from the group.
    Nice WUMming above but what I said (and it's obviously true) is that Wenger should be judged at the end of the season. That's true of any manager at any club in any season.
    At the end of last season we finished 3rd and won the Cup. Not many managers would have been sacked after a season like that.
    Our failure to compete for the league was a disappointment and Wenger's failure to sign a striker is looking like it will cost us.

Personally I think Saturday's game will be more revealing about our prospects than last night. Midweek results notwithstanding, Chelsea are on the ropes and we have a chance to finish them off.
    I don't think we will but if we could win there it would show something about this team. Even a draw would be an improvement on our usual result there and whatever their results this season a point there is a #decent result. If we lose then yeah, same old Arsenal...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I didn't see the game as it was on at 2:45am or some silly hour here. It was a bad result but, given it's a mini-league, not a disaster. I think we'll quality from the group.
    Nice WUMming above but what I said (and it's obviously true) is that Wenger should be judged at the end of the season. That's true of any manager at any club in any season.
    At the end of last season we finished 3rd and won the Cup. Not many managers would have been sacked after a season like that.
    Our failure to compete for the league was a disappointment and Wenger's failure to sign a striker is looking like it will cost us.

Personally I think Saturday's game will be more revealing about our prospects than last night. Midweek results notwithstanding, Chelsea are on the ropes and we have a chance to finish them off.
    I don't think we will but if we could win there it would show something about this team. Even a draw would be an improvement on our usual result there and whatever their results this season a point there is a #decent result. If we lose then yeah, same old Arsenal...
    You'd have to watch the game and look at the team selection. It's not about the one bad result or the one great game over a big opponent. Or even about silverware where we think we've finally got that monkey off our back and should be able to push on. Your flaw is in thinking Saturday's result will be more revealing. There is always some landmark moment which is supposed to mark our growth and reveal more about the team as of tonight's performance and actions should be enough revelation.

I said this during the City win last year. It means nothing if we're repeating the same tactical/philosophical mistakes. You can't simply look at the results. Judge by actions and it's clear Wenger isn't learning or changing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'd have to watch the game and look at the team selection. It's not about the one bad result or the one great game over a big opponent. Or even about silverware where we think we've finally got that monkey off our back and should be able to push on. Your flaw is in thinking Saturday's result will be more revealing. There is always some landmark moment which is supposed to mark our growth and reveal more about the team as of tonight's performance and actions should be enough revelation.

I said this during the City win last year. It means nothing if we're repeating the same tactical/philosophical mistakes. You can't simply look at the results. Judge by actions and it's clear Wenger isn't learning or changing.
    When the weather gets a bit colder Wenger will start wearing his coat again. That's the only change we're going to see around here.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Said before the game:

Gambling with the first game. Not taking the opposition seriously. I hope the total transformation of the team for no good reason and the arrogance pays out. Is Cech tired or something? Coquelin can't play - why? Monreal? Ox will need to have a good game to stop this being a fiesta of plodding.
    Said during the game:

Bif needs to sort his head out or he's getting a red and we'll have lost the opening game.
    Said after the game:

Wenger OUT!
    And I was pissed the whole time.

Just goes to show what watching the same thing over and over again for 10 years can teach you. Unless you are WUMger, this will all be new and surprising for him.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't simply look at the results.
    Ultimately that's all you need to look at. Sure, Wenger has flaws but so will the next guy. Quite possibly more serious ones given how some of the people mooted as possible replacements have got on in the last couple of seasons. For all his flaws he's won us a couple of trophies in the last 2 years, IMO that buys him some time and he deserves a chance to push on for the biggest prizes.
    I do think Saturday's result is important because despite their start I expect Chelsea to be 'up there' come May. In all the seasons I've seen us win the title we've got good results away at our rivals.