User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fuck you Stan Kroenke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rodders View Post
    What a strange set of circumstances when David Dein who is 100% Arsenal had to resign over negotiations with Kroenke, yet we still are lumbered with Kroenke who is at least as culpable for our plight as Arsene. Seems to me his interest is purely financial and success is an optional extra.
    And then Dein sold out to Usmanov for £75m. Now that's what I call love for the club.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Dein is massively responsible for the dead lumber we are in now, and yet people choose to lionise him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal shareholder Alisher Usmanov has offered under-fire manager Arsene Wenger his unequivocal support.

Wenger is under major pressure from a section of fans after the Gunners crashed out of the Champions League and FA Cup in the space of four days after falling way behind in the title race.

But the billionaire businessman, who is the club’s second-largest shareholder behind owner Stan Kroenke, insists Wenger must stay.

‘Arsenal’s results are stable. They are always among the leaders of the English Premier League,’ he said. ‘This is a good and large sports business project and I am pleased with it.

‘The only thing is that today such a situation has occurred, but, like in any sport, there are ups and downs. The club must retain its major symbol and main asset — manager Arsene Wenger.

‘Failures have been haunting Arsenal for many years now, they cannot become the Premier League champions. This has led to some discontent with Wenger’s position as a manager.

‘I believe that Arsene Wenger is a great coach, and Arsenal has to give him the opportunity to plan the succession process and leave his legacy when he deems it necessary.

‘It is very important for the football club to maintain the principles that were established by those people who created its victories. Arsenal needs Arsene Wenger.’

Usmanov’s backing for the Frenchman could be a blow for some fans who see him as their preferred majority shareholder due to his hunger for success at the Emirates.

Usmanov has previously irked the Arsenal boss by demanding more silverware, but his comments signal a change in opinion and will come as a boost for Wenger.
    This is the guy we have waiting in the wings when Kroenke cashes out. Basically the club is fucked for the foreseeable future.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Dein is massively responsible for the dead lumber we are in now, and yet people choose to lionise him.
    This is true. He invited the wolf through the door. But I wonder why he did it, maybe he thought there was no alternative given the way the game has gone. Or maybe he recognised a way to land a big pay day. Doubt he'll ever tell the truth.
    Für eure Sicherheit