User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What the Liverpool result showed us

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Man U really are awful so we may get a result on Wednesday, our tough matches come after that and in March IMO.
    Well played. Now you can dismiss a good result and moan about a bad one.
    Nice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post

The defeat just highlighted the deficiency of the team, the midfield and striking area mostly which Wenger time and time again keeps failing to address. The defence did as well as they could do really, and aren't to blame. Liverpool dominated us, and also showed that Wenger was very slow in actually even doing anything about the team. Why wait until we're dead and buried in the second half to finally make changes ? They should've happened before we went 3 down, and we might have had a chance in changing the game around.

Maureen would've been on his touchline, changing everything around. Wenger just let them continue on.
    Yeah I agree, he's obsessed with ball playing midfielders and there's no real balance, he tries to convert players into DM when we should really just sign one and be done with it.

The problem up front again seems to be linked to the midfield and his expecation that goals should come from these players, why not just sign a goalscorer as well, it gives you another dimension.

As for his performance on the touchline, that was shocking for me, we were getting slaughtered and he just sat their doing nothing, he didn't shout instructions to his players, change tactics or make any substitutions, he watched us being dismantled, Liverpool looked like they were going to score everytime the came forward and he just watched, that's inexplicable as I thought it was his job to make changes and organise his team particularly when things are going wrong.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mikel Arteta: "I've never seen Arsčne Wenger angrier than at Anfield." (Guardian)

Arsene

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool have dished out plenty of pumpings this season, there was always a risk of getting a beat down if we didn't turn up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Well played. Now you can dismiss a good result and moan about a bad one.
    Nice
    Not really they drew with Fulham who are absolutely sh*t and have been losing loads of games, it's not well played at all it's fact. Beating Man U wouldn't be a good result, it should be an expected result given how bad they are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Liverpool have dished out plenty of pumpings this season, there was always a risk of getting a beat down if we didn't turn up.
    Yeah they have, people were writing them off before our match, but the fact is they have a very potent attack and are capable of taking teams apart. Kinda highlights the merits of a quality forward line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Red Ribbon View Post
    Mikel Arteta: "I've never seen Arsčne Wenger angrier than at Anfield." (Guardian)

Arsene
    Arteta has a guardian, explains a lot tbf.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really they drew with Fulham who are absolutely sh*t and have been losing loads of games, it's not well played at all it's fact. Beating Man U wouldn't be a good result, it should be an expected result given how bad they are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Red Ribbon View Post
    What's funny, don't you think we should be beating Man U given the state they're in?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's funny, don't you think we should be beating Man U given the state they're in?
    I think you're funny. I thought it would be hard to replace Cripps but you're doing a brilliant job. Keep it up.