User Tag List

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Sami Khedira

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The advantage of signing Khedira is he will bring out the best of Ozil and will change the mentality of setting for second best e.g fourth spot .
    DO NOT POSTPONE TODAY'S DUTY FOR TOMORROW .IT MAY BE TOO LATE .

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best thing will be that we'd have signed more players than Real Madrid than they have from us.

Oh actually, forgot about Davor Suker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Podolski signed here and became the top earner in spite of coming from Cologne, which made him the top earner. It is not unprecedented, did not exactly cause mutiny in the ranks and Podolski was hardly a firm first team player too.

It is more than possible that if Sami GENUINELY wants to leave Real, he has to seriously entertain commanding a more modest wage package. Particularly if he wants to stay in a top league, or elsewhere exactly is he going to go?

Cabaye is no more defensive than any name mentioned here. Southampton aren't going to let Morgan S leave easily as I'm sure they want to be left with a few decent players. They can't flog every decent player they have and have made it hard for Lovren to leave.
    When Podolski came he was like a super player and we had no one in our squad to challenge his wages .
    But now , we have players who deserve top wages and who could question that . I'm talking about Ramsey , Ozil , Walcott , Sanchez .Even BFG and Kos deserve more than what we give them .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure I'm buying the stories about Chelsea's interest in Khedira - all seems a bit obvious and lazy?

Regarding his wages, I suppose there's always the option of bunging him a fat signing on fee, and dropping his wages down to a less contentious level?
    Last edited by I am invisible; 12-07-2014 at 11:54 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Not sure I'm buying the stories about Chelsea's interest in Khedira - all seems a bit obvious and lazy?

Regarding his wages, I suppose there's always the option of bunging him a fat signing on fee, and dropping his wages down to a less contentious level?
    They have Matic and Ramires who play DCM as well as other midfielders like Fabregas, Oscar, Mikel, Willian, Schurle etc so i really dont see how they need him. Plus he wouldnt leave Real Madrid to warm the bench and the fact that we can offer him first team football should swing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    When Podolski came he was like a super player and we had no one in our squad to challenge his wages .
    But now , we have players who deserve top wages and who could question that . I'm talking about Ramsey , Ozil , Walcott , Sanchez .Even BFG and Kos deserve more than what we give them .
    He neither arrived as a world class player nor a player who was the best at the club. It could have easily be questioned by a few players and/or their agents and perhaps it was behind the scenes. He wasn't a definite first teamer then and isn't now.

Why should BFG get more than he is on? Isn't he on 90k a week or something like that? If Ramsey or Walcott came with the reputation of Khedira then they would have started their careers on high wages. As it was, the onus was towards us taking the risk on them as unproven players, rather than them on us and their pay packets reflected that.

If you want top players out of top clubs of course you're going to have to pay them high wages. Unless we think or expect Real to have a similar wage structure to us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we get him, it will be the greatest transfer window in the history of Arsenal!
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    He neither arrived as a world class player nor a player who was the best at the club. It could have easily be questioned by a few players and/or their agents and perhaps it was behind the scenes. He wasn't a definite first teamer then and isn't now.

Why should BFG get more than he is on? Isn't he on 90k a week or something like that? If Ramsey or Walcott came with the reputation of Khedira then they would have started their careers on high wages. As it was, the onus was towards us taking the risk on them as unproven players, rather than them on us and their pay packets reflected that.

If you want top players out of top clubs of course you're going to have to pay them high wages. Unless we think or expect Real to have a similar wage structure to us.
    I don't know how long you be watching Lucas for .He was one of the best in his time . The truth is his form has dramatically dropped . At just 19 he was the German main striker . He has scored 47 goals in 117 games for Germany . That is very impressive record .
    You ask why BFG should get more money than his 90k? Well , most players of his quality playing for teams of Arsenal standard are on 100k . You will agree he is no Toure or Senderos or Cygan , won't you ?
    Until now , ramsey is our most important player . He has matured in a potential world class and more importantly a game-changer . He deserves top recognition .Kedhira being a "world class player " hasn't done anything for us yet even if signs today . We will give him top wages purely on reputation .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, crazy theory alert, but does anyone think we might be looking at bringing in a couple of central midfielders, and not just one (possibly over the next year, but possibly this summer, if the options are there)? Arteta is 32 and down to the last year of his contract now, and I'm pretty sure Flamini was only signed on a two year contract, so he'll be down to his last year too (and we all know how much the Flamster loves a free transfer and a signing on fee)? Has anyone heard anything about talks for new deals for either of them? Rosicky will be 34 in October, Wilshere still has lingering fitness issues after that long lay off, and I'm not sure you can even include Diaby in this discussion with a straight face. Looks like we have a lot of options at first glance, but that could very quickly become very few options, so I do g think the idea is actually that far-fetched...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Ok, crazy theory alert, but does anyone think we might be looking at bringing in a couple of central midfielders, and not just one (possibly over the next year, but possibly this summer, if the options are there)? Arteta is 32 and down to the last year of his contract now, and I'm pretty sure Flamini was only signed on a two year contract, so he'll be down to his last year too (and we all know how much the Flamster loves a free transfer and a signing on fee)? Has anyone heard anything about talks for new deals for either of them? Rosicky will be 34 in October, Wilshere still has lingering fitness issues after that long lay off, and I'm not sure you can even include Diaby in this discussion with a straight face. Looks like we have a lot of options at first glance, but that could very quickly become very few options, so I do g think the idea is actually that far-fetched...
    If I were Wenger, I'd be looking at buying both Khedira AND Bender, but loan Bender out to Leverkusen for next season.