User Tag List

Page 3021 of 3212 FirstFirst ... 2021252129212971301130193020302130223023303130713121 ... LastLast
Results 30,201 to 30,210 of 32116

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    I do slightly disagree with letters in taht you cant plan for a bank holiday with a weeks notice but most businesses such as NHS should have started to have contingency plans in place, she was 96 so you cant say it was unexpected
    I guess that's fair. I mean, the signs were there that it was getting towards the end game. So it does seem to have come as more of a surprise than it should have and organisations who should have had some plan for this day seem to not have had one. I think it's fair to say that there will be "lessons learned" from this, to be fair we haven't had one of these in 70 years so I guess a bit of unforeseen disruption was inevitable. It's completely unacceptable that any funerals are cancelled but I would note that the cancellations have happened because of the decisions of individual businesses, not because of some edict from on high. When it comes to appointments it does seem that different NHS Trusts are doing different things which seems silly. But from experience with various local governments down the years they do seem to go out of their way to do the same thing in completely different ways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    A lot of the unnecessary disruption, including last week's football being cancelled (even at kids levels btw so the point about police is BS) is down to terrified organisations engaging in virtue signalling, with people being scared of being tried and found guilty by the right wing media, this has of course been ramped up by the Leave debate where countless businesses which knew full well leaving the EU would fuck the economy were too scared to stand up and say so for fear of being branded traitors

We now have a country where free speech is trumpeted by the right but what they mean is the freedom for them to lie and distort the truth at will, while shouting down and branding as traitors anyone who disagrees with them
    I think we all agree cancelling the football last weekend was wrong. I understand sport on the Friday being cancelled especially with the death being announced at 6:30 and decisions having to be made quickly, better to err on side of caution and see how the next day plays out and await government guidance. Once the guidance was sport was ok, cricket, rugby, golf etc quickly said Saturday would be normal. Football was wrong on that.

I would understand more premier league games being cancelled this weekend because of lack of police then last cancelling last week.

But lets not pretend that the cancel culture, virtue signalling you talk about is exclusive to the right. I think we all know that papers like the mail or express would probably have an article or two about people not being sufficiently sad etc but the left are also very good at cancelling people themselves. Just look at JK Rowling who said only women can mentusate and received death threats etc. The Harry Potter reunion even refused to intereview her over it because of fears of backlash by twitter etc. people jumped on the bandwagon to be seen taking hte knee to avoid being cancelled etc. it really isn’t exclusive to the right

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever they'd done a section of the media and social media would have complained.
    If they'd gone ahead then it would have been ZOMG IT'S SO DISRESPECTFUL!!!!1!!11!
    They cancelled so a different lot are going ZOMG WHAT A RIDICULOUS OVERREACTION!!!!1!!11!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Entry to the queue has resumed

Expected queuing time is over 24 hours and overnight temperatures will be cold
    Better get a move on, Gary, and wrap up warm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Whatever they'd done a section of the media and social media would have complained.
    If they'd gone ahead then it would have been ZOMG IT'S SO DISRESPECTFUL!!!!1!!11!
    They cancelled so a different lot are going ZOMG WHAT A RIDICULOUS OVERREACTION!!!!1!!11!

so we ignore the media and get back to right and wrong - and they were wrong to cancel football becasue they spolit a lot of people's plans unnecesarily, including those who'd made plans adn paid good money to travel to see a game - plus ruined a lot of kids' weekends who wanted to play football

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

You may be the single greatest serf I've ever encountered, man.

A staggeringly pathetic wee cunt

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    so we ignore the media and get back to right and wrong - and they were wrong to cancel football becasue they spolit a lot of people's plans unnecesarily, including those who'd made plans adn paid good money to travel to see a game - plus ruined a lot of kids' weekends who wanted to play football
    The only consideration was policing being stretched by the hullaballoo. I do think that would have been an issue in London as there was all that stuff going on last Saturday
    Probably not an issue elsewhere.
    And yeah, cancelling kids' football is ridiculous, why would they even do that?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    You may be the single greatest serf I've ever encountered, man.
    The grown ups are talking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    changing the subject, this really works, it's amazing

https://twitter.com/Alex_Verbeek/sta...19267631861761