User Tag List

Page 3034 of 3209 FirstFirst ... 2034253429342984302430323033303430353036304430843134 ... LastLast
Results 30,331 to 30,340 of 32086

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqiri Is Boss View Post
    Played 5 a side for the first time in about a million years tonight.

Fuck me
    No thanks, but what are you saying, you're not up to the running, or the football, or both?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep meaning to get back into a game I used to play in, more 7 a side. I'm ever so old now though and massively unfit. Probably a bad idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I keep meaning to get back into a game I used to play in, more 7 a side. I'm ever so old now though and massively unfit. Probably a bad idea.
    i'd be too worried about some kind of injury picked up in the course of a game - i just do individual stuff like running, cycling and a little weight training to keep fit these days

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ironically I've injured myself cycling twice this year, almost never get hurt playing football.

Currently nursing a broken hand that's preventing me doing either
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sucks to be you
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I try to live by the mantra 'you don't stop because you get old, you get old because you stop'.

I still play twice a week. The level is obviously much lower and on a Sunday it's actually coed (which means women play...it's a thing here), but it's more just to keep at it than anything else really.

If you can, you should definitely get back into it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wise words (unusually).
    The level of the game I used to play in isn’t actually that high, when I started I thought it would be a load of 20-somethings running round like whippets while I puffed around, but it wasn’t really like that.

I should have a go over the next couple of weeks, see how it goes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    Ironically I've injured myself cycling twice this year, almost never get hurt playing football.

Currently nursing a broken hand that's preventing me doing either
    So many people seem to have accidents whilst cycling, I used to have accidents on my bike all the time but that’s because I am a clutz who seldom bothers to even maintain a bike properly….unless you’re doing the Tour de France what’s your excuse?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    So many people seem to have accidents whilst cycling, I used to have accidents on my bike all the time but that’s because I am a clutz who seldom bothers to even maintain a bike properly….unless you’re doing the Tour de France what’s your excuse?
    First time, hit a tree root I didn't see. Was going what would've been a fine speed if it hadn't been there, the bastard.

Second time, approached the cycle path from a 90 degree angle a bit too quickly, got a warning shout and braked, it was wet, wheel slipped out from underneath me.

Common factor each time was speed, I'll have to be more cautious of that when I get back on.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    No thanks, but what are you saying, you're not up to the running, or the football, or both?
    All of those things. The dawning realisation I'm not 22 anymore, made worse actually playing a team of 22 year olds.

The spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised.