User Tag List

Page 3070 of 3209 FirstFirst ... 2070257029703020306030683069307030713072308031203170 ... LastLast
Results 30,691 to 30,700 of 32086

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    But your claims of being the one who can see these things, of being the one who can extrapolate, are undermined by your record in predicting things that will happen. I've quoted it all before numerous times.
    In October 2020 you said they were "gearing up" for marshal law. And...oh you know all the other stuff you said.
    None of it happened. It just...didn't. The opposite happened, the restrictions were lifted. There's no debate about that to be had, it happened.

And that doesn't make you wrong about the direction of travel. I don't agree with you because my experience of the last few years has been of a load of pandemic restrictions which at times I thought necessary, at other times I thought ridiculous, but I always felt that they were temporary measures intended to deal with "a situation". I'd suggest I was right about that, because none of those measures are still in place. We are now back to BAU. You predicted ever increasing restrictions, that just didn't happen. A reasonable position for you would be to admit you got those things wrong and point to other things going on which lead you to believe you are correct about the general direction of travel even if you got some of the details and timelines wrong. But you don't do that, you just keep ignoring that you got anything wrong - at times doubling down and pretending you were actually correct because of things which were going on in different countries. That clearly isn't what you were talking about.
    To be fair you have mentioned a couple of things recently, one was about some government report which you suggested I look up. So I tried, found a page with a load of reports on, asked which one you were talking about and you ignored me. So...

But which button? There's the problem these days. We can all find sources which reinforce our worldview and pander to our biases. In fact, the algorithms make sure that happens. The YouTube video suggestions, the Google results I see. These things are tailored to things I've already shown interest in. I personally don't think this is malicious (you, no doubt, will disagree), they're just trying to show me stuff they think I'd be interested in. But whether malicious or not, it does make it easy to become entrenched in one's position. It's part of why things are so polarised these days, IMO. The best you can do is try and read a range of sources and be aware of your biases. You may do the former, you seem poor at the latter. I've mentioned the USPS interview numerous times, you listened to it and your distrust of authority led you to hear things which just weren't there. Some of the YouTube channels you watch and some of the ones you dismiss when I post them speak to your biases (and mine, of course). But you never seem to acknowledge it or attempt to account for it.
    How would you know? You are the type of person who gets told to wear a mask, so you do. Then you get told you can take off the mask, so you think you are free. The sort of person who tells us the removal of the mask forgives the countless statutes that went on the books and are still in place, the ones you will never talk about because it used to frighten you but then you learned to never even question. You have chosen absolute subservience as your survival mechanism. Many do.

It never, ever worked for anyone. But then again, you are careful to avoid reading history. Because you can't see them, your eyes are shut so tight, you think they can't see you. My cat does that. It's cute.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    But your claims of being the one who can see these things, of being the one who can extrapolate, are undermined by your record in predicting things that will happen. I've quoted it all before numerous times.
    In October 2020 you said they were "gearing up" for marshal law. And...oh you know all the other stuff you said.
    None of it happened. It just...didn't. The opposite happened, the restrictions were lifted. There's no debate about that to be had, it happened.

And that doesn't make you wrong about the direction of travel. I don't agree with you because my experience of the last few years has been of a load of pandemic restrictions which at times I thought necessary, at other times I thought ridiculous, but I always felt that they were temporary measures intended to deal with "a situation". I'd suggest I was right about that, because none of those measures are still in place. We are now back to BAU. You predicted ever increasing restrictions, that just didn't happen. A reasonable position for you would be to admit you got those things wrong and point to other things going on which lead you to believe you are correct about the general direction of travel even if you got some of the details and timelines wrong. But you don't do that, you just keep ignoring that you got anything wrong - at times doubling down and pretending you were actually correct because of things which were going on in different countries. That clearly isn't what you were talking about.
    To be fair you have mentioned a couple of things recently, one was about some government report which you suggested I look up. So I tried, found a page with a load of reports on, asked which one you were talking about and you ignored me. So...

But which button? There's the problem these days. We can all find sources which reinforce our worldview and pander to our biases. In fact, the algorithms make sure that happens. The YouTube video suggestions, the Google results I see. These things are tailored to things I've already shown interest in. I personally don't think this is malicious (you, no doubt, will disagree), they're just trying to show me stuff they think I'd be interested in. But whether malicious or not, it does make it easy to become entrenched in one's position. It's part of why things are so polarised these days, IMO. The best you can do is try and read a range of sources and be aware of your biases. You may do the former, you seem poor at the latter. I've mentioned the USPS interview numerous times, you listened to it and your distrust of authority led you to hear things which just weren't there. Some of the YouTube channels you watch and some of the ones you dismiss when I post them speak to your biases (and mine, of course). But you never seem to acknowledge it or attempt to account for it.
    Go and read Seymour M. Hersh, you ignoramus. So coy. But "which" button? Let me suggest something. Ignore the "journalists" who lie and pay attention to the ones who tell the truth. It's REALLY fucking simple. And if they lie to you even once, NEVER listen to them again.

Which means no BBC. Sorry.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Is there any sane person who feels sorry this woman is gone. I thought nothing about her either way a few years ago especially when she was giving the middle finger to Teresa May, but in the last 2 years she has shown the political acumen of a Toad in boiling water. Bring back my former local Rep. The touchy feely guy from N Lanarkshire, former First Minister
    When they said "Gone" I thought she had died. So yes, I was a bit sorry to hear she'd only resigned, to 24 boardrooms where the cunt will "work" 1 hour a year for £100K.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Well I'd be less harsh but there's no denying she has got herself into a bit of a mess recently

Tbh if I was Scottish I'd be out campaigning for independence on a daily basis to get away from Tory rule and rejoin the EU

For our sake I'm glad she's gone as it makes independence less likely, which if it happened would make this pretty much a one-party state and much worse for it
    God forbid we ever end up with a one party state. I mean, can you imagine? And if you can't imagine, can you look out your window?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-64697300

This seemed like the fairly inevitable outcome, sadly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The latest conspiracy nonsense doing the rounds is "15 minute cities" so look out for that one. It's a good chuckle.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    The latest conspiracy nonsense doing the rounds is "15 minute cities" so look out for that one. It's a good chuckle.
    Having to drive for half an hour to get to a shop is True Freedom™
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Notice how the commie bastard calls an ACTUAL council policy a "conspiracy theory". You can easily look up 15 minute cities such as Oxford. Yet the commie wants you to dismiss the story before it is even told.

You already know I called this bloke out for being a mega cunt. Now you can verify it for yourself and wonder, why does he lie to his "friends".

But don't despair. Every last commie traitor bastard in history has ended up against a wall. Yeah sure, they caused a lot of misery in the interim. But we get to them in the end. Their fucked up anti-humanitarian devilry never prevails.

Could I be lucky enough to be the chosen one who shoots this bastard in the head? Probably not. But we can always aspire.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    Having to drive for half an hour to get to a shop is True Freedom™
    You seem to be missing the whole point of "representation" my friend.
    Für eure Sicherheit