User Tag List

Page 3087 of 3210 FirstFirst ... 2087258729873037307730853086308730883089309731373187 ... LastLast
Results 30,861 to 30,870 of 32097

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you hear the attack warning, you and your family must take cover

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn’t seem like that good a system.
    I was on my phone anyway when the alert came through and I managed to dismiss the message without realising it or being able to read the message. Not ideal in the event of nuclear attack or alien invasion

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I apparently had text to speech on for emergency settings so I also had an American voice read out the message too.

That was surprising.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It made me jump, but then i was putting a new hard drive in my PC at the time, so it wasn't ideal timing, I thought it was a warning I'd damaged something ..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    It made me jump, but then i was putting a new hard drive in my PC at the time, so it wasn't ideal timing, I thought it was a warning I'd damaged something ..
    Don't be so hard on yourself. No harm done. It was merely you being a sheep by not disabling the state hijacking of your property.

I was in a service station on the M1 when the predictably fucked-up effort went off - 4 times. So I looked around. Those who had to reach for their phones were predictably the dick people, in the main (assuming some innocents just forgot to turn the shit off in advance). The ones who carried on munching their lunch unperturbed seemed human.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was the service station one of the checkpoints in your sector?
    I guess you had to get home before curfew or the army would have been after you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Don't be so hard on yourself. No harm done. It was merely you being a sheep by not disabling the state hijacking of your property.

I was in a service station on the M1 when the predictably fucked-up effort went off - 4 times. So I looked around. Those who had to reach for their phones were predictably the dick people, in the main (assuming some innocents just forgot to turn the shit off in advance). The ones who carried on munching their lunch unperturbed seemed human.
    Tbh while i'd seen it was happening I hadn't noted exactly when, I couldn't really care less, but I think even you might raise an eyebrow if there suddenly a loud jarring noise when you were in the middle of doing something important

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Was the service station one of the checkpoints in your sector?
    I guess you had to get home before curfew or the army would have been after you.

So you haven't noticed the checkpoints going up yet? You are quite unobservant.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Tbh while i'd seen it was happening I hadn't noted exactly when, I couldn't really care less, but I think even you might raise an eyebrow if there suddenly a loud jarring noise when you were in the middle of doing something important
    True enough, very distracting under some circumstances.

While I was driving I kept seeing notices from our civil "servants" flashing on the big new notice displays that have started appearing on every major route - "HANDS OFF YOUR PHONE"

Yessir!

Does that include when your stupid alert goes off?

I wonder who these people think they actually are?
    Für eure Sicherheit