User Tag List

Page 310 of 321 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 3206

Thread: Good Bye RVP!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do they? Im sure they know we havent got a chance but are hoping for a miracle.Theyre not stupid

If he doesn't think we can win the league then fuck him. The rest of the team do.[/QUOTE]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jelgoon View Post
    Not really. If he hadnt said anything you would have slagged him off for being silent and not letting Arsenal know what he was going to do. I happen to believe that he decided to leave cos he knew we didnt have a prayer of winning the league or CL again and he wanted a crack at those trophies. Sure he's disloyal and all that but I dont believe his motive was money
    No, I wouldn't have slagged him off actually. I didn't like how he snookered the club with the statement, that is where the anger stems from. I think most of us understand United are a bigger club and have greater prospects of success, but there is a way to do things and he shouldn't have disrespected the club.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jelgoon View Post
    Do they? Im sure they know we havent got a chance but are hoping for a miracle.Theyre not stupid

If he doesn't think we can win the league then fuck him. The rest of the team do.
    Of course they do, we're the strongest we've been for years even without RVP.

Thats a silly thing to say mate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger admitted, that Van Persie would have been the first name on his teamsheet on Saturday if he was still at an Arsenal player.
    “It’s sad because Van Persie played for us for eight years,” said Wenger. “He’s 29 now. It’s another bitter pill to swallow. A lot has happened before and we survived it all, but this is a real challenge because Van Persie scored 30 league goals in a year, almost one per game. It’s a tough challenge for our new forwards to replace him.

“The economic part of it is the only satisfaction. But money doesn’t go out on the field and play, players do. It will give more chance to Giroud. When Van Persie is here, his name is the first on the teamsheet and the others follow. So there’s a void to fill. It’s up to whoever wants to seize their chance.”
    Of the decision to sell a player to rivals Manchester United for the first time since becoming Arsenal manager in 1996, Wenger said: “That is the other negative point that we wanted to avoid at all costs but we couldn’t. Honestly, I’d rather sell him abroad, to Paris St-Germain for example.
    “Manchester United know him and know his qualities. He’s an exceptional player in the pure sense of the term.
    “I haven’t seen many in my life who have that quality in the first touch, are so technically gifted and have that intelligence of movement in the final 20 metres.
    “Van Persie is a great player so it’s always sad to lose such a player. But we must consider the economic reality and the will of the player. When you can’t succeed in extending the contract of a player that is in its last year, there is no other way but to let him go.”
    Arsenal have scouted other strikers, notably Spain forward Fernando Llorente, but Wenger intends to give his new signings their chance to prove that they can collectively replace Van Persie.
    It is also expected that Thomas Vermaelen will replace Van Persie as Arsenal captain while Mikel Arteta, who has so impressed since joining from Everton last year, is a leading candidate to become vice captain.
    Having sold Van Persie, Arsenal are also facing interest in Alex Song from Barcelona. Song, though, has a contract at Arsenal until 2015, meaning any decision on whether to sell would be fully in Wenger’s hands and dependent on whether Barcelona came forward with a sufficiently large offer.
    Despite competing interest from Liverpool, Arsenal still believe that it would be possible to sign Nuri Sahin on loan from Real Madrid should they want an extra central midfielder.
    Quite sad really, poor old Wenger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post

Thats a silly thing to say mate.
    With RVP, we definitely are very strong.

Without...it's tricky. We'd be relying on a few 'ifs' such as Wilshere making it back alive and well, and Walcott netting 15-20.

Possible, though, but losing, for my money, the best striker in the world right now would obviously weaken any team by a fair margin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Wenger is pure class. He never slags off a player when they fuck him over and fuck off. Still praising RVP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post
    On paper, possibly. Need to wait until the season kicks off though before that can be justified.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do agree but squad wise we are stronger and we can't keep thinking like rvp would replicate last season again this season.

I'll bet he scores a lot less goals this time around too.

I also think we will still add 1 or 2 more players before the window shuts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbo View Post
    And Wenger is pure class. He never slags off a player when they fuck him over and fuck off. Still praising RVP.
    Exactly.

Regardless of what he's done wrong in the past, wenger is the epitome of class when he needs to be.

He may have been royally fucked off with Persie behind closed doors, but to the frontline he has done nothing but speak highly of him and say how sad he is to loose him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbo View Post
    Quite sad really, poor old Wenger.
    I think that confirms our suspicion that Podolski is going to play out wide with Giroud up front. And that also means Cazorla will play in centre midfield. It's shaping up to bbe a recklessly attacking line-up. Should be frustrating. And fun.