User Tag List

Page 3104 of 3209 FirstFirst ... 2104260430043054309431023103310431053106311431543204 ... LastLast
Results 31,031 to 31,040 of 32086

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...sh-1235505682/

Gosh who knew that Oriental countries (or the biggest foreign market) hugely dislike Black people (truth be told it’s actually a pretty mutual dislike)

It’s almost as if Racism isn’t about western imperialism
    but really we have to ask why you post this piece in particular rather than an article on, say, the life cycle of trees or, as another example, different types of tarmac - instead you post this, which gives the appearance of warped priorities, in this case apparently attempting to present racial prejudice as excusable because everyone's at it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    but really we have to ask why you post this piece in particular rather than an article on, say, the life cycle of trees or, as another example, different types of tarmac - instead you post this, which gives the appearance of warped priorities, in this case apparently attempting to present racial prejudice as excusable because everyone's at it...

That’s interesting that you took that from this?

I never said racial prejudice is acceptable (sorry excusable). I think it’s absurd because the difference between us as human beings is completely superficial….it’s about as sensible to judge people on hair colour or eye colour as it is skin colour.

I’m taking aim at the ridiculous argument that to point out that China is a massively racist country, is racist

I do genuinely believe that in western media there is a relatively parochial attitude towards racism as well as this morbid desire for things to be racist. The American media suggests that African Americans are disproportionately more likely to die as a result of interaction with law enforcement, when the evidence shows that although per capita African Americans are more likely to have confrontations with the police it’s actually whites for whom this confrontation is more likely to be deadly.

But African Americans are far more affluent than at any time in U.S. history, and the majority fall under the category of middle class. This is not to say young black men aren’t ever mistreated by the justice system and it does need reform given it’s incarceration rates, but I do tire of this middle class white guilt that presents the Anglosphere as if it’s some kind of racist dystopia.

And in this country we are far more tolerant and accepting of people with different skin colour than any other. But instead this fiction is presented that minorities are wholesale oppressed and cannot make it due to systemic racism.

I personally find China beyond the pale for many reasons, as well as the amount of money Disney make in China that makes it genuflect to a horrible oppressive regime that is attempting to commit genocide whilst I sit here and write this.

I don’t find any race inferior, but I do find cultures inferior….I find the actual Patriarchal cultures in the Middle East and South Asia inferior, and the way social services, police and politicians in this country pander to it in the UK nauseating whether it’s child grooming or honour killings.

People are more than their beliefs, but beliefs that cause otherwise decent human beings to behave inhumanely are not going to be celebrated by me in the name of diversity
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 06-06-2023 at 04:35 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Some would say the Chinese are the most irritating race.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    That subtitle should go on to say "...at his own joke because he's a fat, unfunny, narcissistic bastard"

That felt good, off to bed now, see y'all tomorrow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    That subtitle should go on to say "...at his own joke because he's a fat, unfunny, narcissistic bastard"

That felt good, off to bed now, see y'all tomorrow

I’m not really a fan of Gervais, I find his stuff hit and miss at best….I gave up on After life after one season…..the typical comedy written by a stand up, whereby the main character sucks up the oxygen from everyone else….bit like the really shit Star Trek William Shatner wrote and directed where he gave himself all the best lines

But not really sure why he commands such dislike either, he’s self regarding and self important? That’s celebrities for you. Unless you’re a Trans Radical activist (which I’m 99% sure you’re not) and he’s on your enemies list then I don’t really get it. However, there are a lot of people I can’t stand which will seem puzzling to you so there it is
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 07-06-2023 at 07:00 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m mostly a fan.
    I’ve seen him do stand up a few times and always enjoyed it.
    His early shows like The Office and Extras were great, the latter being better than the former in my view. Since then it’s been a bit law of diminishing returns. After Life was his best work for a while but the 3rd series wasn’t great and his writing can be lazy at times. I understand you have to exaggerate reality to an extent to create comedic situations, but he does it in a way which is cartoonish and unrealistic at times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post

That’s interesting that you took that from this?

I never said racial prejudice is acceptable (sorry excusable). I think it’s absurd because the difference between us as human beings is completely superficial….it’s about as sensible to judge people on hair colour or eye colour as it is skin colour.

I’m taking aim at the ridiculous argument that to point out that China is a massively racist country, is racist

I do genuinely believe that in western media there is a relatively parochial attitude towards racism as well as this morbid desire for things to be racist. The American media suggests that African Americans are disproportionately more likely to die as a result of interaction with law enforcement, when the evidence shows that although per capita African Americans are more likely to have confrontations with the police it’s actually whites for whom this confrontation is more likely to be deadly.

But African Americans are far more affluent than at any time in U.S. history, and the majority fall under the category of middle class. This is not to say young black men aren’t ever mistreated by the justice system and it does need reform given it’s incarceration rates, but I do tire of this middle class white guilt that presents the Anglosphere as if it’s some kind of racist dystopia.

And in this country we are far more tolerant and accepting of people with different skin colour than any other. But instead this fiction is presented that minorities are wholesale oppressed and cannot make it due to systemic racism.

I personally find China beyond the pale for many reasons, as well as the amount of money Disney make in China that makes it genuflect to a horrible oppressive regime that is attempting to commit genocide whilst I sit here and write this.

I don’t find any race inferior, but I do find cultures inferior….I find the actual Patriarchal cultures in the Middle East and South Asia inferior, and the way social services, police and politicians in this country pander to it in the UK nauseating whether it’s child grooming or honour killings.

People are more than their beliefs, but beliefs that cause otherwise decent human beings to behave inhumanely are not going to be celebrated by me in the name of diversity
    Bloody well said.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Oh dear. Tin-foil hat? Except if you live in a Chinese city. Then it's very, very real.
    But...I don't. Nor do you. We live in a very different regime from China.

And M&S have just announced it's coming here at breakneck speed.
    Not really. I mean, I'm a bit annoyed at certain aspects of the cashless society. These sodding parking apps. I wouldn't even mind if there was a standard one, but different parking companies use different ones. And don't get me started about having to scan QR codes at tables to order or, worse, having to download a sodding app. Some of that is me being old and grumpy, but there are legitimate concerns about accessibility for the less tech savvy.

And that's the point, there are legitimate concerns here but your mind always goes to the darkest places. Let's not go over your pandemic predictions again but when the lockdowns went on longer than expected (and longer than I think anyone can now justify, looking back), you went to some pretty dark places with where it could end. But it didn't end there, we're back to BAU now and the lockdowns and other Covid restrictions now seem like just a weird time we lived through. My gut feeling is it's the same here, there are some concerns but I don't think it's going to end in the dystopia you imagine.