User Tag List

Page 312 of 707 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322362412 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t think it’s comparable because of all the things in that quote.
    Our lockdown was nowhere near that oppressive.
    Earlier in the year you commended the government for not going down the road of countries where they had literal curfews and you had to fill in a form if you wanted to go out.

Why do you think that what the government have done is new?
    It’s unusual, certainly, but during the War they had the blackout.
    They had rationing. One could argue that those measures were as draconian as anything which has happened this year. But those measures were a response to a situation and once that situation changed the response was no longer necessary (although rationing lasted long after the war ended).

We aren’t at war right now but there is a situation going on which demands a response. Early on in this even you were demanding the schools be closed. I don’t think the government’s response has been correct - although I think they’ve got some things right. But the measures they have taken have been a response to an almost unprecedented situation. My evidence of that is as the situation has changed so the response has. There are still restrictions on our lives but not like at the height of lockdown. In his early speech about this Boris outlined a roadmap back to normality. I don’t believe any of the measures currently in place are intended to be long term restrictions on our lives.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bog roll shelf was empty at Tesco. FFS.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Bog roll shelf was empty at Tesco. FFS.
    People are still morons then. Super.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54309603

“Protests are exempt from the rule-of-six restrictions”

Interesting. If only Wenger were still our manager we could still have crowds...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm fairly sure we announced an audience of 59988 for the soiree against the spammers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A protest against the restrictions was broken up because protestors refused to observe the restrictions?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One year ago:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54284635

Anyone know where this old cunt has disappeared to?

Haven't heard a peep from the hag, despite the government genuinely acting like a bunch of fascist pricks. Johnson's move a year ago, while cynical, was entirely lawful. Yet the court intervened and issued an unlawful ruling. Now Johnson has breezed past the parliament and is throwing decrees like confetti. But nothing from the courts? It's all very instructive really. Shows you how political these courts really are and how unfit they are for purpose.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn’t someone have to bring a case for the Supreme Court before they make a ruling?
    They don’t just do it for the lulz, do they?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Doesn’t someone have to bring a case for the Supreme Court before they make a ruling?
    They don’t just do it for the lulz, do they?
    Erm, yes. The opposition party.

Did I say opposition?

My mistake.

Funny though, isn't it? When the government is doing shit that adversely affects the commies we see them up in arms and creating "extraordinary" scenes in parliament. Yet when the government is riding the commie agenda, not a peep.

It's a coincidence.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some more of the new normal.

Maybe this doctor started throwing Molotov cocktails at some point, or started fires or looted a shop. I can't say for sure that didn't happen, I'm looking into it. I kind of suspect it didn't.

Assuming his only crime was to voice his professional opinion in public, it could be speculated we are now living under a tyrannical regime that won't tolerate dissent. Which is fine, because provided you do what you are told you won't have any problems. Get it?

Meanwhile the media continues to distribute fake news in response, using a strong party line to downplay resistance against our overlords and masters. Here's yet another example of the headline that has been doing the rounds (including the BBC earlier in the past week):

https://www.euronews.com/2020/09/26/...s-2m-could-die

Headline: Hundreds protest COVID-19 restrictions in London
    First paragraph: Thousands demonstrated in London against new COVID-19 restrictions issued amid a concerning increase in cases.

Comments section is interesting, with Remainers actually finding a way to weave Brexit into the debate

They lament "facist" Johnson for Brexit (which was a democratic vote), but then decry those protesting against real authoritarianism. You are a facist when you don't agree with them, even when you are against fascism. I see.
    Für eure Sicherheit