User Tag List

Page 3125 of 3209 FirstFirst ... 212526253025307531153123312431253126312731353175 ... LastLast
Results 31,241 to 31,250 of 32085

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But it depends how likely live evolving is, and that's what we don't really know. If we found solid evidence that it did exist on Mars then I guess that would indicate that there should be life everywhere.
    But I doubt we'll ever be able to meet up, or even communicate.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    CDs will come storming back in, you mark my words - I'm just ahead of my time
    I dunno, dude. I mean, I still have CDs but they can get damaged too and start skipping.
    People like convenience and digital formats are that. It has rather killed the art of the album though, which is a shame. I don't just mean cover art, also the artistry in crafting a collection of songs, putting them in order and so on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CD’s have moved into relic territory really. Having to psychically change something over whether that be an album I’m listening to or a DVD I’m watching seems so dated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I dunno, dude. I mean, I still have CDs but they can get damaged too and start skipping.
    People like convenience and digital formats are that. It has rather killed the art of the album though, which is a shame. I don't just mean cover art, also the artistry in crafting a collection of songs, putting them in order and so on.
    sure it was always a silly myth that CDs were indestructable, but they're much more resilient than vinyl.

I agree with your point about 'crafting' an album but some out-and-out pop material has at least some album tracks are quite clearly space-fiuillers, as opposed to something where each track stands up in its own right.

tbh while i do still buy CDs sometimes, I'm now finding that some new releases are only vinyl-or-download which is reidiculous but it guess it costs money to produce it in lots ff different formats.

I have now begun to embrace simply buying downloads, but when i do, I still mainly buy an album as it's cheaper per track and you can just delete the ones you don't like

ulitmtely i do rip everything and almost entirely play it on my phone through noise-cancelling headphones, or in the car - of course some people slag off any kind of music compression format but in most cases it really doesn't make much difference most of the time - if you use the highest-quality MP3 at least, though i know some people insist on Flac - but Flac files takes up much more space

Anyway the vinyl-coming-back thing is just one big stupid pose which makes no real sense - and of course now we're seeing cassettes again which really is nuts

ultimately any physical format is more environmentally-intensive than digital download

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is no surprise https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-66336058

btw while presumably those who signed up were also on Instagram, I think linking Threads to Instagram is a huge mistake.

I'm not on instgram and no-one i know is on it either and we won't be alone, so he's wiping out a whole load of potential sign-ups

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    This is no surprise https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-66336058

btw while presumably those who signed up were also on Instagram, I think linking Threads to Instagram is a huge mistake.

I'm not on instgram and no-one i know is on it either and we won't be alone, so he's wiping out a whole load of potential sign-ups

Instagram is more likely to be used by women, same as apps like Pinterest. If your social circle is majority male that would probably explain it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand Instagram. Like a lot of these platforms, it seems to be just a subset of what FB already does.
    Although I know the younger generation tends not to go on FB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer Instagram as it’s more of a snippet and quicker to navigate aimlessly. I deleted Facebook years ago and I’m sure I’ll get rid of Insta soon enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I prefer Instagram as it’s more of a snippet and quicker to navigate aimlessly. I deleted Facebook years ago and I’m sure I’ll get rid of Insta soon enough.
    I only keep Facebook because there are people on there (including relatives who live abroad) that Facebook messenger is the only way to contact them.

It shows the adaptation of human solipsism that we’ve changed from writing a paragraph about ourselves and our lives that we want people to be interested in to a snapshot through holiday pictures, pictures of our offspring or pictures of some average looking cake we’ve made.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s come full circle. During my uni days and early 20’s I loved posting about random shit I was doing. Now I’m 35 I rarely share anything about my life. There’s certainly a place for social media but I think the way we use it has definitely evolved. Like most things tend to really.