User Tag List

Page 3127 of 3211 FirstFirst ... 212726273027307731173125312631273128312931373177 ... LastLast
Results 31,261 to 31,270 of 32105

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space.”
    - Douglas Adams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post

This is my favourite contextualisation of the size of the universe. It shows how far radio waves from Earth (travelling almost as fast as light) have travelled since 1895. This is why meeting other 'evolved' life is so unlikely. We need to factor in time as well. Human beings will long since have wiped themselves out in less than the blink of an eye in the timescales of the universe.
    yes that is all true, not least the last part

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    "Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space.”
    - Douglas Adams

love that line, along with "In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    How come you don't feel the same about all the footballers that were freed?. You came up with some hocus pocus that they were still guilty despite the courts saying otherwise. Or you just hate people that kick a ball for a living
    Mason Greenwood was not exonerated in anyway…the CPS dropped the case because his girlfriend dropped the charges despite their being an audio recording of him threatening her with violence unless she opens her legs.

I commented on David Goodwillie as well who like Trump was found guilty of rape in a civil trial (but not a criminal one) and if you bother to check I took no definitive view as to his innocence or guilt

Thomas Partey? Yeah I think he’s probably guilty. But then I literally said the same thing about Kevin Spacey.

Greenwood is the only one I can say I know is guilty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t know if anyone here with young kids owns a copy of the book “We are going on a Bear Hunt”

Had an interesting conversation with its author just now, and by interesting I mean illuminating and by illuminating I mean illuminating as to what an absolute ghoul the man is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m not scared

But do go on!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

I’m not scared

But do go on!

Oh ridiculously long story, but along with being an author he’s also one of the scabby far leftists who is mates with people like Corbyn and George Galloway, and turned his gaggle of online supporters loose on someone who ended up killing themselves…the kind, gentle politics of the left on display as usual.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)