User Tag List

Page 32 of 322 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Serves him right for letting his wife call the shots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal's Jack Wilshere facing heartbreaking decision to leave as club insist they have made final take-it-or-leave-it offer https://t.co/SxjpnzoxaB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Giroud.

I remember him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Poor old Jack, the one player who’s desperate to represent Arsenal is told to do one.
    Been thinking about this one. Jack has a contract offer on the table. I understand the clubs position and would say we have definitely overpaid players like Jack for a number of years. I was about to say he shouldn't take a wage cut but then again, if he's been overpaid for years and has hardly played, it's not unreasonable. He has a chance to earn more through bonuses and it's not as if he'll starve on the reported £80k being offered.

I want Jack to stay but he's been paid too much too fast like a lot of our players. The ball is in Jack's court. He can stay and I would also like to know how long this deal is. Maybe he could get a clause to say he can renegotiate the deal after a year or two.

The problem the club have now is the fact that we just gave Ozil £350k a week contract. He doesn't deserve that money at all but we were forced into a corner. But we shouldn't make that the rule for the underperforming players. If you want more you should have to earn it on the pitch and not just because you're deal is running out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s a tricky one with Jack and I agree it’s not unreasonable to ask him to take a pay cut given his history. I just find it a little ironic that given half the squad would probably rather be elsewhere, the one who’s proud to be here is the one we’re pushing out.

With the huge contracts the likes of Ozil, Auba, Laca and Mkhi have, it’s bound to put a few noses out of joint, so asking someone to take a pay cut to essentially subsidise that won’t go down well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    It’s a tricky one with Jack and I agree it’s not unreasonable to ask him to take a pay cut given his history. I just find it a little ironic that given half the squad would probably rather be elsewhere, the one who’s proud to be here is the one we’re pushing out.

With the huge contracts the likes of Ozil, Auba, Laca and Mkhi have, it’s bound to put a few noses out of joint, so asking someone to take a pay cut to essentially subsidise that won’t go down well.
    It's unfortunate. But if he really wants to stay, I don't get why he hasn't signed. It's not as if we haven't offered him a deal and it's not unreasonable considering his injury record. He should understand why he's not getting a massive pay rise. He hasn't got a leg to stand on to argue otherwise.

We should take the same approach with Ramsey and all the young prospect players going forward. Lower the basic pay or keep it low but offer performance based incentives that could get them earning more. It's funny how Wilshere has said that he needed to prove his fitness in order to win his place back and get that contract offer so you have to wonder what he's doing that's different to his usual routine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    It's unfortunate. But if he really wants to stay, I don't get why he hasn't signed. It's not as if we haven't offered him a deal and it's not unreasonable considering his injury record. He should understand why he's not getting a massive pay rise. He hasn't got a leg to stand on to argue otherwise.

We should take the same approach with Ramsey and all the young prospect players going forward. Lower the basic pay or keep it low but offer performance based incentives that could get them earning more. It's funny how Wilshere has said that he needed to prove his fitness in order to win his place back and get that contract offer so you have to wonder what he's doing that's different to his usual routine.
    I'm with you on this, with bonuses he can earn more than he was earning so no excuses really. The issue is he probably realises he'll have to work for the money and nt just sit there and pick up a big wage for doing nothing, like you said though he won't be going short on the 90k a week offered.

Footballers are so greedy these days, if he loves the club that much then he should just sign the deal and be done with it, he'll soon get another rise if he proves himself and performs.

I'm tired of us overpaying kids and crocks who haven't proven themselves, you have to stop sometime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    Serves him right for letting his wife call the shots.
    He didn't move for footballing reasons. He just wanted to stay in London where I've heard he is now earning £120k a week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger also talking to the press about why he sold Theo and Giroud. He couldn't guarantee them game time. Giroud going to Chelsea was a dumb move. He's hardly starting games there.
    Stupid at the time.....and still stupid now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He didn't move for footballing reasons. He just wanted to stay in London where I've heard he is now earning £120k a week.
    The bint was behind that apparently.