User Tag List

Page 329 of 435 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339379429 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 4348

Thread: The Film Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Star Trek Beyond. Same plot as the others, over and over again. It's really lazy.

Meanwhile, Black Mirror S1E1 on Netflix. I know it's not a film but I can't be bothered to switch thread. This is funny on so many levels. Even the ending is pants pissing funny.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Siege of Jadotville - good story, badly done. It doesn't have the same sense of foreboding as Zulu, no matter how hard it tries. Not terrible though.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thierrymon View Post
    Loved Guardians.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The good people at Sri Lankan airlines had all the Rocky films on their in-flight entertainment

Watched II and IV. The best two IMO.

Rocky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tucker and Dale vs Evil

NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oasis doc Supersonic is a good watch, narrated by the band and pretty bloody funny most of the time.

I was never really a fan of their stuff but as a nostalgia trip of the 90's, definitely worth seeing.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Watched All the Way, the film version of Broadway play where Bryan Cranston plays LBJ

They have used prosthetics to make his ears bigger and chin and facial features more pronounced, but Cranston shows what an absolute gem of an actor he is that you often forget that it's him.

The film captures well his personality as someone who was a crass and irritable man, his profound dislike of Robert "Bobby" Kennedy, had an easier relationship with Hoover than his predecessor using manipulation, and was able to bully, intimidate or manipulate other people into getting what he wanted.

Pushes home the point that he was prepared to go much further than Kennedy in Viernam, in many respects to maintain a front that he was a tough customer on foreign policy but preferred to leave big decisions to McNamara and the joint chiefs so he could concentrate on domestic initiatives.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cloverfield 10

Interesting. Not what I was expecting, I thought it was going to be quite similar to Cloverfield but it ended up being very different and doesn't quite go where you expect.
    I enjoyed it.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I also watched Dr Strangelove the other day, it's one of those films where i've always meant to watch it and it was recommended to me on Netflix so thought why not.

I know it's meant to all be about Peter Sellars, but actually the most amusing character in it is General Buck Turgidson played by George C Scott.

"The man's a psychotic"

"well let's not rush to judgement until we have all the facts in"

One of the few Kubrick films i haven't seen, will have to push myself to give Barry Lyndon a go one of these days.