Thread: Unai Emery - Confirmed as the New Arsenal Manager - ORNSTEINNNN

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    Typical. Neville needs a slap.
    Not just Neville. Was listening to the BBC Monday night football Podcast and both Chris Sutton & Ian Wright were going crazy because it was according to them an "11th hour" panic appointment.

I expected that from Sutton because he's a biased tool but it was disappointing hearing that nonsense from Wrighty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris Sutton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    Not just Neville. Was listening to the BBC Monday night football Podcast and both Chris Sutton & Ian Wright were going crazy because it was according to them an "11th hour" panic appointment.

I expected that from Sutton because he's a biased tool but it was disappointing hearing that nonsense from Wrighty.
    Butt hurt people who can’t stand not knowing. We’ve always done things behind closed doors, it’s always been notoriously difficult to second guess the club.

We can all speculate but if you start taking things as gospel then you don’t have anyone to blame but yourself. The club have conducted themselves just fine and I find the criticism of the process utterly bizarre. No one has a fucking clue what went on so why pretend otherwise?
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 23-05-2018 at 05:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post

I still consider Wrighty to be a fan and considering the news was fresh and he was on the radio reacting, I won't hold it against him. Like many fans, we was roped into the bullshit press run and narrative that it was amateur hour at the Emirates. We've had the same conversations on GW. NQ and others and constantly warned to question where in the heck these guys are getting their sources from. Wright can be a sap but I also believe his reactions were genuine like some of the reactions I saw on here. On the other hand there are pundits out there that act as if they have inside knowledge, such as Neville, and have been peddling this incompetence narrative from the get go. That's the bullshit I don't like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    Now that Wenger's gone, we'll see different opinions with so much more to discuss.
    Apart from a handful of idiots with a thinking deficiency who set out their stall on all matters on day 0 and never budge from their positions despite life being a nuanced thing taking place mostly in grey zones.

It would be good to see Letters people not engaging with that in future, but I suppose this place and the world as a whole would grind to a halt if petty, juvenile and obnoxious spats were cut off instantly.
    Last edited by Master Splinter; 23-05-2018 at 07:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really pleased we finally have a proper manager who studies the opposition and drills his players and has an idea of what he's trying to achieve bodes well.

One small thing that concerned me as this however

Asked whether he will need a recruitment drive this summer, Emery said: "I believe we can grow with the players we have.

"The objective is to work hard together and with these talented players.
    We'll need to get rid of some of the rubbish we have here for sure (Xhaka, Mustafi, Welbeck, Cech etc) and replace them, working with the players will only go so far, if someone is rubbish you can't turn them into Pele.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Waited years for us to get with the times and implement a pressing game.

It's probably going to take at least 2-3 seasons to come to fruition though. You need to weed out the weak links first.
    Me too. Plenty of those, got use to not working hard (except on social media) and not pressing anyone at all, reckon we'll need to get rid of a fair few.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Butt hurt people who can’t stand not knowing. We’ve always done things behind closed doors, it’s always been notoriously difficult to second guess the club.

We can all speculate but if you start taking things as gospel then you don’t have anyone to blame but yourself. The club have conducted themselves just fine and I find the criticism of the process utterly bizarre. No one has a fucking clue what went on so why pretend otherwise?
    Your whole post and especially the sentence in bold are a sad indictment of the modern world. This is not just a football thing, it happens all across society now.

Rather than admit you have little knowledge of a subject or are not in the best position to empirically judge something, everyone with any kind of platform is now an expert. You see this desperation with "insiders" and "ITKs" who feel the need to always be at the centre of everything. It's the modern equivalent of 15 minutes of fame I suppose. Insecurity and a need to feel validated in your life.

The fact that it's not only prats with a blog, a YouTube channel or a devoted following on Twitter with this innate desire to have their worthless musings thrust upon the world is the scary aspect of it all. Professionals who should have a sense of responsibility and dignity in their positions as writers, analysts, journalists, pundits or even just presenters are no better than the identikit troll you come across in every other online interaction. It's all about the first in line, the quickest take, the loudest voice heard. It's a pathetic playground of feckless fuckwits.

Anyway, on to the summer transfer thread and putting all our faith in properly sourced information.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arteta

Gald we didn't settle for a mickey mouse manager, so glad we didn't give this guy the job, never really liked him much as a player and for all his words about wanting to be at Arsenal he was quick to be out the door.
    Last edited by Özim; 23-05-2018 at 07:33 PM.