User Tag List

Page 341 of 707 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343351391441 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,410 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very clever shit from the docs this morning. They've emphasised it takes time between a false positive result from a fake test (they may have said "case") and actual hospitalisation and death. So they "baked that in" for us. Which means there are now many more hospitalisations and deaths. Nicely solved if you ask me.

Meanwhile, whatever London is doing, why don't we all do that? Because London and the South East seems to be clear of this. Maybe they'll bake something in for that region too?

This briefing very much reminded me of waffle I get from SEO or marketing agencies when they have a high bill but nothing to report. We get complex graphs that 90% of people won't even try to understand, and no bullet points that executives actually want and demand. Not once did they tell us how many people are physically in hospital right now. They told us what they predict. They gave us hard data for a single hospital. And then they accepted the planted question from the Sun which advertised their new "baked-in" data. But never an illustrative data point that could give an immediate snapshot of the situation. Which is strange, because last time all they did was roll with 90 DEAD, 900 DEAD, 9000 DEAD and so on. All very specific, all immediate.

Not a single mention on their shitty non-tests that aren't tests. They are still selling the lie that fake testing is the way out of this. And no mention, nothing "baked-in", that tells us what might represent an acceptable level of risk and an end to this. It's just assumed it will go on and on and on because, presumably, we'll have a flu season every year? Also, no mention that this "novel" coronavirus is behaving exactly like other coronaviruses in terms of it's seasonal infectiousness.

Ireland's data is becoming particularly interesting btw. It could be there that this giant fraud is eventually exposed.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    No, but I am. Moved to Manchester this July.

There's talk of banning transport out of the region.
    That should have been done years ago tbf.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    But the upshot is, you willingly (though seemingly unwittingly) conveyed fake news, which was in turn based on classic propaganda, which was in turn based on an outright lie.
    So what is the lie at the root of all this then? Who is the propaganda on behalf of?
    And what makes it fake news? Is it the eye-catching headline the BBC used?

As for the censorship thing, a few days after being banned I noticed you did exactly what caused the issue - posted about Wenger outside the quarantine zone you created.
    Right. Because that wasn't in itself the issue, I don't have "a thing" about Wenger being criticised.
    The issue I had was this place being dragged down by every sodding thread becoming infected by invective about what a complete c*** Wenger was.
    It was tiresome, not just to me. While Wenger was our manager it was irritating but it was pretty inevitable with how sour the mood had become.
    After he went it continued and it really didn't need to. So I moved a few posts. None were altered, none were deleted.
    Soon the mood improved so the issue which caused me to move the posts no longer existed.
    You continue to think I did the wrong thing, I continue to think I did the right thing. Which is fine.
    You're the one making it this big thing, to the point where you still have a link to the thread I censored in your sig - which you wouldn't have had it really been censored of course.

My predictions aren't wild though, are they?
    You wrote a whole post making all kinds of wild predictions like soldiers marching up and down the streets ordering us back in our houses.
    But you've also noted how unenforceable the restrictions are.
    You also noted at the height of lockdown how people were basically ignoring it.
    So which is it? Are we living in this oppressive regime or in one where people can basically do what they like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

You wrote a whole post making all kinds of wild predictions like soldiers marching up and down the streets ordering us back in our houses.
    So which is it? Are we living in this oppressive regime or in one where people can basically do what they like?
    NQ totally burned

Letters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The midlands and the north

The south

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    The midlands and the north

The south
    always

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what is the lie at the root of all this then? Who is the propaganda on behalf of?
    And what makes it fake news? Is it the eye-catching headline the BBC used?
    Trump actually paid millions in tax in the two years quoted, as stated by the NYT. His accountants then filed returns for those years that amounted to $750 each, having done what accountants do and using regulations that Obama's administration introduced. Trump said, forget it, keep the money and use it to offset future obligations, because he's currently in dispute with the tax man over close on $75 million in reclaimed tax.

So the NYT headline and all the preamble (thousands of words) prior to admitting the facts is just part of the ongoing propaganda they have been waging against Trump since he won the election in 2016.

The BBC, meanwhile, ran with virtually the same headline, copied much of the preamble, but completely omitted the amount Trump had actually paid and the fact it was the Obama administration that created extensive tax loopholes for the rich. That's fake news, because it takes the reality and reverses it to give an entirely opposite impression to the actual news.

You then came along and posted a link to the fake news, thus making you a willing, though unwitting, agent of propaganda and fake news. You admit yourself you didn't even read the source article.

So when I claim the BBC is fake news and you spread fake news I'm being entirely factual.

Yet you'll say, show me where it's wrong, show me where's it's wrong! Because you think propaganda and fake news is about facts. That's just a tiny part of it. Good propaganda is filled with verifiable facts. It's how those facts are presented and the ones that aren't presented at all that matter. Omission, context, the ongoing, remorseless nature of it, that's where the damage is done and that's why you believe so much of the bullshit that has been pumped into you. You've been trained. Over time. To the point where you'll actually advertise it for free.

Right. Because that wasn't in itself the issue, I don't have "a thing" about Wenger being criticised.
    The issue I had was this place being dragged down by every sodding thread becoming infected by invective about what a complete c*** Wenger was.
    It was tiresome, not just to me. While Wenger was our manager it was irritating but it was pretty inevitable with how sour the mood had become.
    After he went it continued and it really didn't need to. So I moved a few posts. None were altered, none were deleted.
    Soon the mood improved so the issue which caused me to move the posts no longer existed.
    You continue to think I did the wrong thing, I continue to think I did the right thing. Which is fine.
    You're the one making it this big thing, to the point where you still have a link to the thread I censored in your sig - which you wouldn't have had it really been censored of course.
    Well that's some new spin you've concocted. You pass a rule that says all Wenger stuff must be confined to a single thread. Change that thread title and move posts to it. Ban me for calling you out for what you are - the ban was a fair cop, in terms of the warnings issued. And then, because you break your own rule, explain it away by saying, oh, but it was different when you did it? That's quite a trail of bullshit you just laid. And I'm sure a few sniggers will go around as you claim you don't have a "thing" for defending Wenger. Which is not a thing by itself, anyone is entitled to do do that. But the unerring regularity to which you do it is hardly open for debate. It's a comical affliction.

Soldiers are already on the streets of Birmingham and they'll be going into Liverpool too. Further millions (taxpayer money) have just been allocated to get more Covid collaborators onto the streets as well. It could be their roles will be to man lemonade stands. I don't think so though.

Of course most of the restrictions are unenforceable, by usual means. You have innocently forgotten, I explained the real harm comes when people enforce these decrees on themselves. Community grasses, publicly spirited busybodies, idiots who obey their phone. And now the Covid snoops will be permitted to crash weddings and funerals to ensure there's no shit going on like unauthorised dancing. But, I see your point, there's nothing to see here. We should move along.

I don't know, you tell me Letters. We have a government telling people who they can meet, where they can meet, when they can meet. Shutting down businesses, imposing restrictions on just about every social activity, granting their agencies legal protection against criminal activity, rushing new laws through the parliament without scrutiny. And we have an opposition that does nothing about it and merely sticks its hand out for more cash to shut up about it.

Funny, isn't it. How big a deal it was when Johnson wanted to lawfully prorogue parliament back in the old normal. It was the end of democracy as we know it, remember? A stunning, fascistic turn of events. The whole world was coming to an end, because he excercised a lawful right, albeit for cynical purposes. What was the main argument behind the legally unsound argument of the courts? Parliament didn't have the time to debate? Parliament was being sidelined?

Guess that's not the case now then, when all the things the champions of freedom and democracy were moaning about back then are playing out for real. You just don't like it when authority is threatened. It's way too obvious authority is a very important, central plank for you. And when you see the authoritarian figures you rely on start to break the rules so overtly, I guess denial must set in because all you seem capable of doing is to refuse the reality. No, no, no, not happening. All is well. Remain calm.

I asked you if you expected full Joe Stalin by the end of the day. Of course you didn't answer, because you can see the slow march to outright authoritarianism, just as I can. Difference between us is you can't face it. So you need it to go away and not be happening. Just like you knew Wenger was shite and you couldn't accept that truth being pushed at you in stark terms either.

Anyway, I'm sure you have more fake news to be distributing?

Meanwhile, poor old Mac. He can't find his arse or his elbow. One minute tories are fascists, but when somebody calls them fascists and you leap to their defence, Mac gives you a lollipop.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    What will you do if you lose your shit?
    After I lose mine, I wipe my arse. Sometimes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boris is pretty clever, sometimes.
    When asked about Christmas he basically said
    "Well, we hope it can be as normal as possible but if it can't be then it's all your fault"