User Tag List

Page 353 of 707 FirstFirst ... 253303343351352353354355363403453 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,530 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notice how the fake news mainstream media is now reporting on the percentage of "covid beds" occupied, rather than the actual number. That's because the number of dedicated beds was dramatically cut during the summer as hospitals began catching up with the backlog of every other illness that has been neglected.

In one hospital, which has over 700 beds in total, the number of covid beds had been cut back to 8. The media then breathlessly announced covid beds in the hospital were close to being overwhelmed.

They keep changing how they are measuring the non-epidemic. Deaths (their favourite) and actual hospital beds (3,000 beds in the Nightingale, etc, etc), now cases (which they are sneakily referring to as infections), and percentage of beds.

Next month the ONS will cease to issue a dedicated covid report and instead will combine the report with flu cases (actual case, not pretend ones). I'm assuming they're not just going to lump the two sets of data into one, but I wouldn't put anything past these lying bastards.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    What sort of cunt do you have to be to do that?
    IKR, there are some real spoilsport busybodies out there - though it proves my point about there being no police on the streets if they didn't already know...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know. The article doesn't say.
    The leaflet my niece got about it does. She diligently scanned it for me. A few extracts:

"This study aims to find out how many people have the infection, or are likely to have had the infection even if they haven't realised it at the time. In this study we want to work out how many people of different ages across te UK have COVID-19 now and how many have had COVID-19 in the past. We will do this by testing for the virus in the nose and throat and by measuring levels of antibodies in their blood. This information will help scientists and the government work out how to manage the pandemic better moving forwards and protect the NHS from being overwhelmed."

"It is entirely your choice whether to take part or not. If you do take part you may withdraw from the study at any time without giving a reason and without penalty."

"In your invitation letter you may have been told about an optional part of the study for people aged 16 years or older. This part of the study needs a 5ml blood sample to be taken from a vein to measure levels of antibodies."

"Will my taking part in the study be kept confidential?
    Yes. We will only use names and date of birth where this is absolutely necessary to link to your NHS and ONS records. We will use your postcode to try to work out how COVID-19 is spreading around the country. All samples and study records will be identified only by a code for your household. Information which can identify you will only be held by ONS and IQVIA for the purposes of the study.
    Responsible members of the University of Oxford may be given access to data for monitoring and/or audit of the study to ensure that the research is complying with applicable regulations."

"Your nose and throat swabs will be tested at the National Biosamble Centre using the standard test to find out if someone has COVID-19. The nose and throat swabs will be destroyed once the test is done."

"Your blood sample will be tested by scientists at the University of Oxford. They will look for the levels of antibodies against COVID-19 in your blood. We would like to keep any blood that is not used for the antibody test for future research. Your de-identified samples will be used mainly by researchers in the UK, but ethically approved research projects may take place in hospitals, universities, non-profit institutions or commercial laboratories worldwide. We will ask your permission for this - you do not have to agree to this part of the study. Your blood samples will either be used up or destroyed after 5 years."

All pretty standard stuff. Entirely optional to take part, you can opt out at any time at which point you can ask for samples to be destroyed. Doesn't mention DNA once. I can post the entire bleedin' thing if you really want

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, in the main, a pile of anti-scientific bullshit then? Figures. Although the antibody testing might be useful I suppose. btw it doesn't need to mention DNA, it's implied by what is mentioned.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IQVIA is very interesting. Hadn't heard about them.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    given the amount of uses to which it says your information could be put shouldn't the answer to""Will my taking part in the study be kept confidential?" be 'No'?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IQVIA is very interesting. Hadn't heard about them.
    their website is a classic example of corporate BS, but after some digging it's clear they are a US company - so presumably all your personal info will be held on US servers, subject to their rules on security service access etc...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When are the trials starting on drugs that are available now and could help elderly people avoid this disease or reduce the symptoms? Surely that's the priority? Maybe they have started. Would be good if somebody at the Großdeutscher Reichstag could clarify. It might give elderly members of society some hope instead of constant fear.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    their website is a classic example of corporate BS, but after some digging it's clear they are a US company - so presumably all your personal info will be held on US servers, subject to their rules on security service access etc...
    Of which there are none. Except in California. Bane of my life working through all that shit.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, in the main, a pile of anti-scientific bullshit then? Figures. Although the antibody testing might be useful I suppose. btw it doesn't need to mention DNA, it's implied by what is mentioned.
    They're measuring levels of antibodies in the swabs and blood. They're not doing any DNA stuff.
    They could of course, but you don't have to take part of course, you can opt out at any time and ask that the samples get destroyed.
    So that video was fake news then? He certainly didn't provide any evidence.