• Saturday

0 0%
Page 36 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Arteta be sacked by

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is good. Not a fan of AFTV but this isn't the usual ranting and raving, some good analysis in here:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    This is the downside to having no European football or cup runs. Squad players aren’t given the opportunity to bed in and develop. Playing every 7-10 days gives ample recovery time so there hasn’t really been a need to rotate.
    Yeah, I agree. I also think our lack of goal-scorers has played a part - if we had that ability to ruthlessly bury teams and wrap games up by the hour mark then there may have been more scope to get more minutes in a few more legs along the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Always felt like a punt.
    yes, he's definitely a punt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is good. Not a fan of AFTV but this isn't the usual ranting and raving, some good analysis in here:

that guy's bang on - put him in charge of the club NOW!

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spot on.

Unfortunately, all too obvious and all too predictable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always felt like a punt. He has no pedigree but he worked under Pep, talks a good game and he did win us the FA Cup in his first season. This season at times it has felt like there has been some progress. The Collapse ™ is disappointing although not super surprising. The lack of a top striker and the thinness of the squad always felt likely to cost us. Of late we have been getting away with it and I’d started to believe we might get away with it. But it seems not.
    The question is to we believe that there has been some progress and give Arteta a chance to continue that or do we look elsewhere. I’m still in the former camp for now but if we really properly collapse in to mid table, which is certainly possible now, then I might take a different view.
    We have improved but as you rightly said we have to watch how the season plays out now to see where we finish, how we perform and what we have really learnt.

We still struggle offensively as a team, the numbers are still down and it's simply not good enough, if Arteta isn't happy with his options...I'm certainly not, then he needs to go out and buy what is required, no more excuses. This summer is really key for Arteta and Edu, assuming we finish somewhere in a European place then we should be attractive enough to improve the attacking side of the team by making good signings that improve the team. We need to improve Central Midfield too and the squad in general.

I am all for signing younger players and in general we have recruited very well over the past few years but we must buy players that improve the team now, no signings for the future or loading the squad with potential and hiding behind it as an excuse to failure.

I have personally given up on a top 4 finish but we certainly should be doing as much as possible to finish as high up the table as possible so 5th at the bare minimum.
    Last edited by selassie; 12-04-2022 at 03:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the same analysis as always. The same that has applied for over a decade. And the same old shite about the top 4 trophy. All the same old problems. When you play with your back to goal, when you play sideways and backwards, when you do it for so long it becomes second nature no matter who joins or leaves, you are only going to compete for the coveted top 4 trophy if all the other clubs bar three maximum are even shittier than you. And even if that happened, the top 4 trophy is just a gateway for future humiliation in a tournament the club simply isn't fit to compete in. Wenger might as well have stayed. Nothing is different, not with anything that actually matters. You could say there has been "progress" in achieving the very basics of defence, but compared to what? Certainly not compared to the seasons after seasons we'd hardly concede a goal. If you are a winner who strives to become a loser, it's not progress to be second last.

The fans need to keep their hands in their pockets until Kroenke is forced out and the club returns to the business of football. This has always been the case since that bastard first walked in. Until it happens nothing can change because the club is happy with the money the fans keep inexplicably shoving its way.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    It's the same analysis as always. The same that has applied for over a decade. And the same old shite about the top 4 trophy. All the same old problems. When you play with your back to goal, when you play sideways and backwards, when you do it for so long it becomes second nature no matter who joins or leaves, you are only going to compete for the coveted top 4 trophy if all the other clubs bar three maximum are even shittier than you. And even if that happened, the top 4 trophy is just a gateway for future humiliation in a tournament the club simply isn't fit to compete in. Wenger might as well have stayed. Nothing is different, not with anything that actually matters. You could say there has been "progress" in achieving the very basics of defence, but compared to what? Certainly not compared to the seasons after seasons we'd hardly concede a goal. If you are a winner who strives to become a loser, it's not progress to be second last.

The fans need to keep their hands in their pockets until Kroenke is forced out and the club returns to the business of football. This has always been the case since that bastard first walked in. Until it happens nothing can change because the club is happy with the money the fans keep inexplicably shoving its way.
    failed Superleague aside (which i know is a big issue but hey we weren't alone) the Kroenkes aren't the problem, except that they don't know enough about footbal to hire the right people who do

they've backed the club with real money and made loads of signings - it's not their fault if Arteta then throws half of them on scrapheap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    Should be gone tonight as the longer we leave, the more damage he does
    Pretty much this, the very first post.
    The damage is already done by Letting Guendozi and Saliba leave (and they are not coming back).
    He has also fallen out with various players.
    Why be stubborn and let Auba leave at a pivotal point in the season? He wants to be like Pep, but he is a rookie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    failed Superleague aside (which i know is a big issue but hey we weren't alone) the Kroenkes aren't the problem, except that they don't know enough about footbal to hire the right people who do

they've backed the club with real money and made loads of signings - it's not their fault if Arteta then throws half of them on scrapheap
    Yeah, that could be viewed as a problem.

I'd like to see the net balance, regarding this backing of the club with real money. I'm guessing that balance runs very much in their favour over their reign of mediocrity.
    Für eure Sicherheit