Results 3,781 to 3,790 of 4516

Thread: The Wish They Were All Dead Tory Cunt Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    A rich person defending the Tories?!

Personally think he has gone too far. I’m onboard with the national insurance/corporatation tax cuts as they were not a good move in this climate. Not so sure about abolishing the tax band for the highest though. Seems a bit much.

This budget that isn’t a budget is real shit or bust

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm no economist, but the level of tax cuts when we are right up the shitter after the Covid borrowing, and now additional borrowing to help people with energy bills, doesn't feel like a good idea. I get the logic - it is supposed to boost the economy overall, increases the chances of people working and investing in the country - but has that really been shown to work previously? (I don't know the answer to that question).
    The stamp duty thing I agree with - that should be scrapped for a main family home anyway. Second houses, fine. But when we moved we paid something like £14,000 in stamp duty. Just to move house. It's a scam IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm no economist, but the level of tax cuts when we are right up the shitter after the Covid borrowing, and now additional borrowing to help people with energy bills, doesn't feel like a good idea. I get the logic - it is supposed to boost the economy overall, increases the chances of people working and investing in the country - but has that really been shown to work previously? (I don't know the answer to that question).
    The stamp duty thing I agree with - that should be scrapped for a main family home anyway. Second houses, fine. But when we moved we paid something like £14,000 in stamp duty. Just to move house. It's a scam IMO.
    Agreed on the stamp duty. Ive no issue with charging it on second homes or foreign investors etc but if its your main home, I agree it should be scrapped.

First time buyers have done well out of this, its bad enough trying to save for a deposit let alone trying to find 10k in tax as well although i think one issue they need to focus on is getting mortgages approved for first time buyers. People regularly pay more in rent then mortgage repayments yet banks are so risk averse its hard to get lower amounts approved despite proving you paid more in rent for several years!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    What did the bonus cap do anyway? It’s not like the bonus payments were from the government nor was the money “saved” by the bank paid in tax either.

One thing I’ve found amusing is watching some of the remainers bang on about brexit being bad because all the bankers are leaving for Frankfurt/Paris etc and how this is damaging the uk economy. Now these same people are arguing thay trying to keep said bankers is now bad

The cap wasn’t about the economy it was to prevent the kind of reckless behaviour and gambling that bankers were involved in that brought the financial crisis to a head in 2008.

And who gives a fuck what Remainers have to say, I voted Remain myself because it seemed the most economically sensible thing to do…but it’s all just culture politics about how Britain is racist and full of thick people. The irony of those kind of statements

I’m not against removing the cap per se but I do think it should only be a short term measure, which if their whole economic plan goes tits up it almost certainly will be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tax cuts and hugely appear to being justified by the Tories because its what Thatcher did in the 1980s and the 80's and 90's were periods of economic growth. But there's no conclusive evidence that economic prosperity was a direct result of this - there never is - and even Thather's policies were not set against the background of entrenched inflation.

These w@nkers are doing what they always do - taking a massive gamble with uncertain, and potentially disatrous results for the average person - just like they did with the Brexit referendum. This is secure in the knowledge that their voter base will largely be the ones best able to weather the storm.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally think he has gone too far. I’m onboard with the national insurance/corporatation tax cuts as they were not a good move in this climate. Not so sure about abolishing the tax band for the highest though. Seems a bit much.

This budget that isn’t a budget is real shit or bust
    I actually agree with you there about reversing NI increase, I think unfortunately the only way out is borrowing. I’m not against business tax cuts to small-medium sized companies and targeted investment to go along with it. Giving unnecessary tax cuts to people who don’t really need it and won’t necessarily reinvest it (I wouldn’t…I’d put it in my offshore account, rather than see it being affected by the falling pound).

This is an ideological budget that falls on the fallacy that the wealthiest are necessarily always the wealth creators.

I don’t go with stuff like oh this is cruel etc, I go with…with a sinking pound this won’t work and the only thing that will happen is leaving the next government with a load of debt.

This feels to me very much like where we were in the 1960s, the Tories voted out in 1964 after recession sets it along with personal scandal, but people not trusting enough of Labour and they only get a small majority……and ended up having to forcefully devalue the pound and make imports much more expensive which led to this buy British campaign.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely wonderful to watch the so called UK become the shambles it has become. Just prime time viewing/laughing.

Hopefully Scotland is disproportionately fucked over, as usual, as punishment for their cowardice and ignorance in 2014.
    Last edited by mandela8; 23-09-2022 at 04:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    Absolutely wonderful to watch the so called UK become the shambles it has become. Just prime time viewing/laughing.

Hopefully Scotland is disproportionately fucked over, as usual, as punishment for their cowardice and ignorance in 2014.
    Ah doubling down on being a cunt I see

These people made a decision I don’t agree with so I hope they suffer for it.

I sincerely hope you have no family…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did the bonus cap do anyway? It’s not like the bonus payments were from the government nor was the money “saved” by the bank paid in tax either.

One thing I’ve found amusing is watching some of the remainers bang on about brexit being bad because all the bankers are leaving for Frankfurt/Paris etc and how this is damaging the uk economy. Now these same people are arguing thay trying to keep said bankers is now bad
    Keeping the bankers isn’t what’s bad about this. What is bad about removing the bonus caps is that it increases the risks of what led to the banking crisis of 2008 happening again.

We are back to the exact same framework where the incentives to take unmanaged risks without any individual accountability means we risk crashing the banking system. Again.

Criminal acts took place that risked the complete collapse of our economy and nobody went to jail.

At least the US locked some of these crooks up. We’ve just said it’s ok for them to go do it again.

And as for Brexit. Yep, unmitigated disaster and it still isn’t done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who knows how this will go but given the Labour Party have spent the last few months demanding the corporation tax increase & national insurance increase are cancelled, it’ll be fun watching them now demand they are kept in place
    It’s just a fucking game to you isn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.