User Tag List

Page 39 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Postecoglou the Muppet & other Spuds sh!t.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AVB favourite for the Spurs job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    AVB favourite for the Spurs job.
    Pending approval from Terry and Lampard.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    martin jol did pretty much the same thing as arry did, just a lasagne away from beating us to CL football. he came in when they were shit too.

you also said he was a great man manager, think the back end of last season proved that wrong. where was this great skill when we fucked up against norwich and all they needed to do was win against villa? he failed.
    not really. every man and his dog can see that harry's a great man manager and for you to suggest otherwise is quite laughable. in fact, if its anything he is bloody good at its exactly that; getting the best out of ordinary players. he gives players the confidence to perform and its proven to be rather successful apart from the odd player here or there. their collapse towards the end of the season had nothing to do with man management, so once again your argument is baffling. it came down to tactics; he insisted on playing a 4-4-2 system which meant their central midfield was overpowered too easily, notably against man utd when they played like the away team even though they were at home. he also played modric out wide on the right instead of through the middle which meant they lacked creativity, and he refused to play lennon for the run in. none of that has to do with man management. its being tactically inept.

i think the job he's done at spurs is rather decent but i do think he's tactically incompetent; becoming england manager would have been a farce because the last thing the national team need is a players mate coming in and applying fuck all tactics. they needed a roy to organise them and its working well so far. im not trying to suggest harry's the best manager in the league because he's far from it, and every time i see that melted face i feel like spitting at the tv, but to dismiss his work as a fluke or downgrade it is also quite unfair. read this piece by martin samuel, i think he sums it up quite well:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...d-history.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're kidding?

That Martin Samuel piece is hilarious!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so's your face tbh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can anyone defend that dodgy ****. Seriously. They guy is a crook. Has spent a shitload of money to get where he has, and left clubs in awful states as soon as he sniffs another hand out.

Southampton, Pompey, West Ham....he's all about himself, and you can be sure as shit a big(ish) LOL club like spurs have men at the top who are more than just mates who will give him backhanders all the way. Levy is a **** too, but he's a proper big spuds ****. Not a barrow boy. He knows keeping Redknapp would be stupid, because you can be sure as shit the media have fuckloads on the dodgy twat....and they're just biding there time.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Redknapp needs to get on with his life now by grabbing a holiday advert in which he can mispronounce the word "it" on several occasions. Or he could go in a different direction by grabbing an advert for 'triffic holidays. A third option would be to get a job with a major holiday operation and embezzle all their money.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i didnt defend him at any other club. i defended him at spurs for his achievements on field there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While he did spend previous clubs into the ground, don't think you can level that accusation at him for his spell at Tottenham. His last three years saw them make a transfer profit of 10.5M and their wage bill is comparatively low to everyone else in the top six (including us, ofc). Their previous three year finishes of 4th, 5th, 4th is quite reasonable for a small (in terms of challenging for top spots) club such as Spurs and I do think it's foolish of Levy to sack him.

Unlike some on here I don't think he'd be any good at a bigger club and would have loved him to take the England job or the Chelsea one but I do believe his departure at Spurs is a very bad thing for that and should bring us a lot of humour over the next few seasons.

The King Is Back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon View Post
    not really. every man and his dog can see that harry's a great man manager and for you to suggest otherwise is quite laughable. in fact, if its anything he is bloody good at its exactly that; getting the best out of ordinary players. he gives players the confidence to perform and its proven to be rather successful apart from the odd player here or there. their collapse towards the end of the season had nothing to do with man management, so once again your argument is baffling. it came down to tactics; he insisted on playing a 4-4-2 system which meant their central midfield was overpowered too easily, notably against man utd when they played like the away team even though they were at home. he also played modric out wide on the right instead of through the middle which meant they lacked creativity, and he refused to play lennon for the run in. none of that has to do with man management. its being tactically inept.

i think the job he's done at spurs is rather decent but i do think he's tactically incompetent; becoming england manager would have been a farce because the last thing the national team need is a players mate coming in and applying fuck all tactics. they needed a roy to organise them and its working well so far. im not trying to suggest harry's the best manager in the league because he's far from it, and every time i see that melted face i feel like spitting at the tv, but to dismiss his work as a fluke or downgrade it is also quite unfair. read this piece by martin samuel, i think he sums it up quite well:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...d-history.html
    But he’s basing all that on internet reaction which is full of retards anyway – it’s pretty lazy journalism really.