Page 392 of 451 FirstFirst ... 292342382390391392393394402442 ... LastLast
Results 3,911 to 3,920 of 4508

Thread: The Wish They Were All Dead Tory Cunt Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    Don’t get me wrong, the actions of the truss administration did force interest rates to increase quicker than anticipated but they were trending upwards beforehand. The US have been increasing theirs with pretty big increases each time (i think last one was 0.75%?) and where the US lead the rest of the world does tend to follow.

So mortgages etc were going to go up certainily in the near future but its also fair to say that the actions of the truss government increased that quicker and due to the markets being worried about the government meant banks were more cautious and put big increases on. Even without the truss government, people would have been paying more at their remortgaging
    Compare the increases in consumer mortgages in the UK and US. The BoE could still have the base rate at 0.1% and consumer mortgages would be exactly where they are now.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True but that rise should never have happened as it was an emergency one not a planned MPC meeting.

But I agree, she fucked it. I’m ok with teh national insurance increase being abolished because it should never have been brought in. Yesterday, many MPs said they couldn’t vote for fracking because the 2019 manifesto opposed it and how could they vote against their own manifesto? MPs are very selective when want the manifesto and dont. Johnson put no national insurance increase in the manifesto yet they all voted for it.

In theory the Conservative party have a majority in the commons but if, and im not sure how big an if it is currently, johnson wins the vote again could he actually command the confidence of the commons? Around 50 ministers resigned from his government, 42% of the party voted no confidence in him. If he is selected by members next week, is it unreasonable to think that King Charles could actually send for Starmer?
    He won’t. And he shouldn’t.

The Tories are the only ones in control of that. They’ll hang on for two more years and hope that the electorate have short memories. The clamour for Johnson is concrete evidence that their hopes are realistic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Johnson put no national insurance increase in the manifesto yet they all voted for it.
    So be fair, that manifesto was written before Covid which put a wrecking ball through the economy.

It makes my head spin that Boris would even put his hat into the ring a mere months after he was hounded out office for presiding over a catalogue of scandals and being fined for breaking the laws he outlined.
    If they try to install him again there might actually be civil unrest.
    There should be a general election now, they have zero credibility and zero mandate. But I could at least live with Sunak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    So be fair, that manifesto was written before Covid which put a wrecking ball through the economy.

It makes my head spin that Boris would even put his hat into the ring a mere months after he was hounded out office for presiding over a catalogue of scandals and being fined for breaking the laws he outlined.
    If they try to install him again there might actually be civil unrest.
    There should be a general election now, they have zero credibility and zero mandate. But I could at least live with Sunak.
    A fair point about it being written before covid which has changed everything but that doesnt mean MPs still get to pick & choose when it is important or not.

I slightly disagree with an election happening right now. The director of the CBI said it best last night on question time. Right now would just destabilise things even further as we would have no government for 6 weeks (i think that is how long an election normally takes) so a new PM is needed just to calm things down and then an election to follow quickly in the new year.

One caveat to that for me is that if johnson is selected as the next prime minister then the conservatives should be immediately banned from ever holding office again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    Compare the increases in consumer mortgages in the UK and US. The BoE could still have the base rate at 0.1% and consumer mortgages would be exactly where they are now.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...gh-freddie-mac

Just a quick Google brought this article up stating how US mortgages are now around 6.7% compared to less then 3% a year ago so more then doubling. I think that is similar to the UK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest whoever takes over from Dimwit it’s going to be largely the same, going to be tough decisions to make that the parliamentary party won’t want to take.

Johnson, what sticks in my craw is this will set the belief that he’s done nothing wrong and that an injustice is being rectified

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    To be honest whoever takes over from Dimwit it’s going to be largely the same, going to be tough decisions to make that the parliamentary party won’t want to take.

Johnson, what sticks in my craw is this will set the belief that he’s done nothing wrong and that an injustice is being rectified
    There is still a possibility (and a reasonably high one by some media reports) that Johnson will be found guilty of lying to parliament by the privileges committee who are still investigating him. If he is and suspended for 10 days or more then there will be a recall petition and possible by election which he would almost certainly lose on current polling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.theguardian.com/business...gh-freddie-mac

Just a quick Google brought this article up stating how US mortgages are now around 6.7% compared to less then 3% a year ago so more then doubling. I think that is similar to the UK
    That checks out. Their rates look to have gradually risen over the year. Whereas we’ve had a massive jump from 23 Sept.

I hope that the markets have priced in the BoE base rate already, because that will be going up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, to make people feel better, the good news is I’m making my last mortgage payment next month.

So…Every cloud…

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)