User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should Wenger Still Go?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 51.06%
  • No

23 48.94%
Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Wenger Out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should definitely go, we have no chance of winning a thing with him in charge.

It's been a terrible season IMO and except for a few results very forgetable, the season was as good as over in February, 4th place is good (but not success) but are we happy to just continue making up the numbers in the CL and failing time after time to succeed when the opportunity is there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This run hasn't changed my opinion on Wenger. I think the players have some real fight and character over the past few weeks. They're fighting back to prove people wrong and under such circumstances, we always have a few months where we play amazing football. This has happened before. We're on a good run. And it's not because of a change in tactics, selection or anything like that.

In my personal opinion, Rosicky should have been playing months ago. From the start of the season, but Wenger favoured Ramsey even though he was a piss poor choice and showing it every week. It took an injury to Ramsey for Rosicky to get a good run of games. It wasn't a tactical decision, it was circumstance. I won't go too hard on Wenger, Rosicky hasn't always been available for selection, but he should have been first choice for this season. He's been playing well from the get go and gets better with each game.

I don't think Wenger will do anything different come next season. I don't expect anything drastic in the transfer window. I don't expect him to try a different approach on the pitch. This is why I think he should still go. I really enjoyed last nights game and it's the best I've seen us play in a long time. But I think he's taken us as far as he can. He has to improve in certain areas and grow otherwise it will be the same story.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    He should definitely go, we have no chance of winning a thing with him in charge.

It's been a terrible season IMO and except for a few results very forgetable, the season was as good as over in February, 4th place is good (but not success) but are we happy to just continue making up the numbers in the CL and failing time after time to succeed when the opportunity is there?
    It's been a terrible season if you're a glory hunter who is only interested in trophies. But if you're interested in the journey of a season, the ups and downs that necessarily go with being a football fan, then this has been quite an interesting one. It's had some awful moments (Old Trafford etc) but some brilliant ones too (Chelsea away, the run we're on at the moment). If you don't have any downs then you can't appreciate the ups.

Of course trophies are what a club at our level should be aspiring to and the fact it's been so long is certainly a failing on Wenger's part, one which he should have been sacked for. But right now we're showing a lot more fight and a top 4 finish is looking probable which defies most of our expectations for much of this season. If we do the right things this summer (big if of course but the Podolski rumours are encouraging and if true give some indication we're looking to do things right this year and not scrabble around on deadline day) then we could push on next year.

As for making up the numbers in the CL, again it's not all about whether we win it or not. The AC Milan game at home was fantastic. We didn't do enough to go through but no-one could sensibly fault their efforts on the night or feel anything but pride at the way we fought. It was one of best atmospheres I've been in at the Emirates and night like that are worth being in the competition whether we progress or not.

I think right now I want him to stay as I see signs of hope but there have been too many false dawns before so I'm not certain about it. It's certainly not true that any idiot could come in and we'd suddenly be sweeping all before us again, if we do replace Wenger we'd have to be very careful in who we bring in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'll win the league next season.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    We'll win the league next season.
    No spoilers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    if we do replace Wenger we'd have to be very careful in who we bring in.
    i think we need a separate poll with a shortlisted possible replacements for Wenger - yea lets take it that far cuz if we factor in by his predisposed arrogance, then we pretty much know there won't be much change at the Emirates under his stewardship

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    No spoilers
    I just don't see Utd, Sp*ds, City, Chelsea getting much better than they already are. And we can. Add more quality to what we have, and I seriously think we have something to work with....if we can keep this same mentality, that is.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post

I agree he should go and will expand on this later when I have the time to do so.

But I have to take issue now with your forgettable season comment. This season has been anything but forgettable. I cannot recall going through such a rollercoaster of a ride within one season. Ever.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.