User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs West Brom (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He must have seen that banner, i hope he gets the point and leaves with dignity at the end of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't watch the game. First game BT Sport has on in months and I miss it shopping! But sounds as though I didn't miss much.

Also sounds like Santi had a good game and just checked Stat Zone. Top passing combination from us was Santi to Ramsey with 15. Ramsey also managed to find Cazorla 11. Seems like there was a bit more of an understanding with that combo or maybe it was just the opposition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    He must have seen that banner, i hope he gets the point and leaves with Dignitas at the end of the season.
    Bit harsh tbf
    Society is now one polished horde
    Formed by two mighty tribes, the bores and the bored.

"After all, it was the Gunners’ goalkeeper who started the move that culminated in Thomas’ crowning glory. It was Lukic who, in injury time, decided to throw the ball out to Lee Dixon rather than lump it long..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine we had 4 or 5 Sanchezs? players who pres the opposition, work hard and set the tone? Thats why Barcelona were so successfull, they overran the opposition and killed them ruthlessly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    What was wrong with the selection? We had a hard-working, physically competitive team out there. Did the job. Some players like Chamberlain and Gibbs will need to be rotated or else they'll join the injury list. Sanchez will need a game off soon too.

Don't think anyone had a poor game today. No-one was particularly outstanding either. Cazorla did very well on the goal.
    I was surprised he started because I was under the impression Arsenal were Wellgood's exit from wing duty exile......but the guy is a grafter and not cop a strop......find ways to come in from the left and of course got the goal. There was a good deal if rotation from the front 3 but it is not ideal to have Giroud out wide! Hopefully a fit again Theo will see Danny lead the line and him and Sanchez out wide. I am more than happy for Giroud to come off the bench because I see him being able to have end if game impact.....money needs to be spent on foundation building at back and DM but of course we will probably pay through the nose for a diminutive AM.....time for Cabaye to come home?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually think Giroud improves us all over the pitch. He helps to retain possession and he's useful defending set pieces. Quality player.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterling Archer View Post
    I actually think Giroud improves us all over the pitch. He helps to retain possession and he's useful defending set pieces. Quality player.
    Agree with him being good at retaining possession and defending. But he's not so great at getting in the danger area when the ball is coming into the box. Welbeck is better at that. Welbeck also has more pace, is technically superior and grafts harder. Welbeck is the better and more effective player. Which is probably why he gets used on the flank, he needs to be fit into the team somewhere or the advantage of his work rate is lost.

When/ if Theo ever gets back, I wonder if this will work?

--- Welbeck --- Giroud --- Alexis ---

--------------- Theo --------------

-------- Santi ------ Ramsey ------

Theo playing in behind Giroud might be very effective. A weapon to go over the top to on the break, a way to open up space for Welbeck and Alexis and the guy to head into the box when Giroud is holding the ball. Ozil could play there when Theo is injured again. Ox could give both Alexis and Welbeck a breather. Jack is the cover in the middle.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Giroud plays the lone front man very well, the way he keeps posession and sets up the overlapping midfielders is very efficient.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Agree with him being good at retaining possession and defending. But he's not so great at getting in the danger area when the ball is coming into the box. Welbeck is better at that. Welbeck also has more pace, is technically superior and grafts harder. Welbeck is the better and more effective player. Which is probably why he gets used on the flank, he needs to be fit into the team somewhere or the advantage of his work rate is lost.

When/ if Theo ever gets back, I wonder if this will work?

--- Welbeck --- Giroud --- Alexis ---

--------------- Theo --------------

-------- Santi ------ Ramsey ------

Theo playing in behind Giroud might be very effective. A weapon to go over the top to on the break, a way to open up space for Welbeck and Alexis and the guy to head into the box when Giroud is holding the ball. Ozil could play there when Theo is injured again. Ox could give both Alexis and Welbeck a breather. Jack is the cover in the middle.
    I think we could play all 4 speedstars at the same time away from home. Welbeck upfront with Theo and Sanchez either side, Ox a bit behind. Places like Stoke, Liverpool, Everton etc where play is very congested and space is tight in the middle, we could contain and hit on the break.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    I think we could play all 4 speedstars at the same time away from home. Welbeck upfront with Theo and Sanchez either side, Ox a bit behind. Places like Stoke, Liverpool, Everton etc where play is very congested and space is tight in the middle, we could contain and hit on the break.
    I'm assuming Wenger will start Giroud come what may. So the team has to be fit around him.
    Für eure Sicherheit