User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs Crystal Palace (home).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Unfortunately not, but he's still a very good player.
    It's BOBN's least attention-seeking controversial statement tbf and based on their respective starts to their Arsenal careers, probably close to the truth. Ozil has a subtle calming effect over the players around him and he helps control games, but Cazorla has the ability to go for broke and score crucial goals.

But we've got two special talents, so it's all rosy.

And I'm not in the business of critisisng one player to praise another.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would like to see Ozil attempt to take on more players. More driving runs because he is capable. Today he just kept it simple with the passing and only attempted one dribble. It's not bad but in games where teams park the bus we need more players taking risks with dribbling attempts.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I wasn't too worried even at half time, i thought they would tire or switch off and be caught by one of our quicker passing moves, excellent finishing from Ox on both occasions. I hope he doesn't get played in that deep midfield role at Anfield or he will be raped...gives away the ball too much.
    The performance wasn't brilliant but it was never going to be in such a bitty match, under Pulis they have been a difficult side to break down they lost 1-0 away at City and 2-1 away at Chelsea so it was never likely to be a hammering....defending was good but the back four got exposed a bit too much for my liking fortunately koscielny, mertesacker and szcesny all performed admirably again.
    I don't know why Wenger is insisting on playing Monreal now that Gibbs is fit, he's too slow and one footed and Gibbs could have punished Palace a lot more on the flanks in the first half....and Monreal was made to look a bit silly by Puncheon at times.
    Ozil didn't have a brilliant game but i think the 42m tag makes us expect that he will win games for us single handedly where as he did nothing wrong, his passing was competent and he did better in the middle of the park for me than Cazorla.
    Rosicky made us more fluid in our passing when he came on, and i would definitley start with him next Saturday if he is fit.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    As for Palace, can't really fault them for defending as deep as they did it worked for West Ham at Chelsea, i resented them breaking up play in the way they did...and i think a stronger referee would have produced more yellow cards for their tackles from behind....and also on two or three occasions the referee stopped play when they had fouled us when he should have let play continue as we'd won back possession.
    They weren't time wasting as much as Fulham (and in particular Maarten Stekelenburg) were.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...ngs-we-learned

Interesting article about the game.

Cazorla for the middle, Ozil under performing, Ox shining!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And yeah, I'd move Cazorla in the middle, as our team is right now, he'd be far more effective.

However, as the team is now, Ozil won't be able to have the impact we all want from him. He literally has nothing infront of him, Podolski in the first half kept pushing back into midfield, and Giroud was anonymous for most of the game. He was still able to send over that great pass to Monreal though when the run infront was made.

Either move Ozil out or put him on the bench. Neither of these will happen though.
    Last edited by Munchies; 02-02-2014 at 08:43 PM.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just like watching Kolo to Cissokho, that was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post

And yeah, I'd move Cazorla in the middle, as our team is right now, he'd be far more effective.

However, as the team is now, Ozil won't be able to have the impact we all want from him. He literally has nothing infront of him, Podolski in the first half kept pushing back into midfield, and Giroud was anonymous for most of the game. He was still able to send over that great pass to Monreal though when the run infront was made.

Either move Ozil out or put him on the bench. Neither of these will happen though.
    Been saying this for months now, Santi should be the one in the middle not Ozil. Both are excellent no 10 but Santi will not hesitate to take a shot at goal or dribble past players, he is so much more of a threat than Ozil.
    somebody put something in my milk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure why everyone thinks Santi doesn't play in the middle half the match anyway, or Ozil doesn't play on the flanks for half the game. They drift. Ozil was horribly deep for a lot of the game today and he's wasted there.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    January window letdown

It's ON!