Quote Originally Posted by Injury Time View Post
    Thank you for your interest in our affairs, now rack off ya farkin pomme*

*autistic license
    I would've said ya flaming galla!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's it - I'm off to confront the station management directly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    That's it - I'm off to confront the station management directly.
    we thank you for your int................... Oh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meh-ry Christmas View Post
    Nah. We spoke about this earlier. No-one cares that much about this story.
    Replace the word 'Royals' above with 'celebrities' and this would be just as valid. It's a general obsession with celebrity which I think is more of a problem, these days the Royals are just celebs albeit uber-celebs. Were it 'Posh' in hospital then granted the hoax call might not have come from Australia but the same thing could have happened with someone pretending to be David and the same outcome.

Did you know what this nurse looked like before this? Did you know her name? She would hardly be pilloried for it by the public, no-one knew who she was.
    If the nurse was that unstable that she'd do this then it might well have happened anyway sooner or later.

It's sad but it's not really anyone's fault. If you must point a finger anywhere then do so at the press, they're the ones who blew up a non-story into something which made this lady feel so stupid.
    There are different levels of 'celebrities'. The royals are top of the list. Nobody else comes close. Not Victoria Beckham, not anyone. There aren't bigger celebrities in the UK. I agreed earlier that there wasn't as much outrage/blaming the nurse....although, of course, the hospital said they would take necessary action (which they should). It was headline news and it was a controversy though.

If as you say: if forcing blame, the press are the culprits - we have to remember that the press only publish what the public lap up. And so it is the British public that blew up a non-story into something which made this lady feel so stupid. And that's what myself and a few others are annoyed at. It's this fascination and obsession with the royals that has ultimately led to this case. Maybe something could've happened later on anyway if she was mentally unstable but, I would argue, almost certainly, there would never be as much public attention on her. 99.999% of people will go through their whole lives without such attention.

There is an obsession over celebrities in general - but you know what? When we're talking about the big players...the ones that radio hosts would make an effort to hoax information out of, we're not talking about Big Brother winners with their 15 minutes. We're talking about people that generally have some sort of talent and have contributed something to the world to be recognised to that level. As Arsenal fans, we might be interested to know about the health of Hartson because he was a good striker, not because he was born into fortune or status. There should be no such thing as the royal family. I'm not trying to portion any blame on the royal family - I'm just annoyed of this culture of people caring about the talentless tossers and, in this case, that has probably indirectly led to this death.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Synti Claus View Post
    There are different levels of 'celebrities'. The royals are top of the list. Nobody else comes close. Not Victoria Beckham, not anyone. There aren't bigger celebrities in the UK. I agreed earlier that there wasn't as much outrage/blaming the nurse....although, of course, the hospital said they would take necessary action (which they should). It was headline news and it was a controversy though.

If as you say: if forcing blame, the press are the culprits - we have to remember that the press only publish what the public lap up. And so it is the British public that blew up a non-story into something which made this lady feel so stupid. And that's what myself and a few others are annoyed at. It's this fascination and obsession with the royals that has ultimately led to this case. Maybe something could've happened later on anyway if she was mentally unstable but, I would argue, almost certainly, there would never be as much public attention on her. 99.999% of people will go through their whole lives without such attention.

There is an obsession over celebrities in general - but you know what? When we're talking about the big players...the ones that radio hosts would make an effort to hoax information out of, we're not talking about Big Brother winners with their 15 minutes. We're talking about people that generally have some sort of talent and have contributed something to the world to be recognised to that level. As Arsenal fans, we might be interested to know about the health of Hartson because he was a good striker, not because he was born into fortune or status. There should be no such thing as the royal family. I'm not trying to portion any blame on the royal family - I'm just annoyed of this culture of people caring about the talentless tossers and, in this case, that has probably indirectly led to this death.
    Spot the fuck on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the prank call was pretty funny tbh.

As for the nurse, I doubt she topped herself the royals are probably making an example of her.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Aussie DJs turn up dead soon.

Disgusting family, and whats even more disgusting is the mindless fawning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimandi's Perm View Post
    I mean, big whoop, she told some people that that another woman had a bit of a dicky tummy.

And she killed herself over that?

It's hard to find sympathy, tbh.
    It wasn't even the nurse who divulged the information, it was the one who initially answered the phone and put the DJs through to Kate's personal nurse.

I agree if she did kill herself it is hard to find sympathy.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    I thought the prank call was pretty funny tbh.

As for the nurse, I doubt she topped herself the royals are probably making an example of her.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Aussie DJs turn up dead soon.

Disgusting family, and whats even more disgusting is the mindless fawning.
    So its funny to make a call to a hospital asking how a pregnant woman who has been chucking up all week is. Some of the quotes on this thread are unreal.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    It wasn't even the nurse who divulged the information, it was the one who initially answered the phone and put the DJs through to Kate's personal nurse.

I agree if she did kill herself it is hard to find sympathy.
    Its hard to find sympathy with someone who has issues to the extent that she took her life??!! Ever thought this could have been the straw that broke the camels back. No doubt she got a bollocking from the hospital management as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by north bank nutter View Post
    So its funny to make a call to a hospital asking how a pregnant woman who has been chucking up all week is. Some of the quotes on this thread are unreal.
    It wasn't that funny, neither was it a 'cruel hoax' as the Sun would have it.
    It was just a silly prank call which had the press not made such a bloody fuss about no-one in this country would have even known about.