User Tag List

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs The 'Ammers (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with all you guys and gal (milla?).

Would love to get Reus - a player who we can seriously mould into either a nippy number 9 or a 10 in my opinion or a wide forward.

But as you say, I think Arsenal should go all out for Costa in January and try and activate his buy-out clause. A big striker signing in January will re-energise this team. And if we could get a fast out and out winger then that would be a sensational team.

I think Ozil has performed great but no doubt he has not fully lived up to his potential. I'd forgive him a bit given it is a completely new league etc. But even today, he orchestrated some fantastic moves which Giroud couldn't finish with balls across the box. The first move which he orchestrated with Cazorla was sublime.

You can't help but think he would benefit so much from having some runners to release on either flank.

The Belgian young striker who I think may be a diamond is Michy Batshui (sp.?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by milla View Post
    We will finish above Liverpool, they look good but is a one man team.
    I respect your opinion and all but they genuinely aren't a one man team. Sure they have the league's best player in incredible form, but their supporting cast is not to be laughed at, Sturridge is an established PL striker who score for fun, he would walk into our team. Coutinho is a great young player, Sterling is pretty decent too. Their midfield isn't great, but Gerrard has the experience and the odd world class performance in him, Lucas and Henderson are just grafters but they know PL. Defensively they are solid, no real stand out performers though I do like the look of Sakho. They have a very balanced team IMHO.

The reason I believe they will finish above us is because they thrash the lesser sides and generally fare OK in the BIG games, their record in the big games is better than ours, has been for a while even though they haven't made top 4 for years!

I maybe wrong, I just have this feeling that they will strongly challenge this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Coca Cola presents GP' View Post
    So? Get him in the summer, then.
    OK
    somebody put something in my milk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    I respect your opinion and all but they genuinely aren't a one man team. Sure they have the league's best player in incredible form, but their supporting cast is not to be laughed at, Sturridge is an established PL striker who score for fun, he would walk into our team. Coutinho is a great young player, Sterling is pretty decent too. Their midfield isn't great, but Gerrard has the experience and the odd world class performance in him, Lucas and Henderson are just grafters but they know PL. Defensively they are solid, no real stand out performers though I do like the look of Sakho. They have a very balanced team IMHO.

The reason I believe they will finish above us is because they thrash the lesser sides and generally fare OK in the BIG games, their record in the big games is better than ours, has been for a while even though they haven't made top 4 for years!

I maybe wrong, I just have this feeling that they will strongly challenge this year.
    I have to disagree with Gerrard though, the reason their midfield look decent is because Gerrard is not there. This is a similar case for Raul last few years in Madrid.
    somebody put something in my milk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with you Selassie. The defense is the weakest.

Their attacking options are excellent. Agree on Sterling and Coutinho and Sturridge who all can produce the goods if they are set up to their strengths. Sterling is fast with no fear and will easily get in between defenders, and so will Coutinho. This is especially true when you have a player like Suarez who will pull central defenders left right and centre due to his quality.

The biggest concern with them is that Suarez is playing on such a higher plane. There are very few players - putting aside Messi and Ronaldo - who I've seen play at that level. The original Ronaldo for Barcelona, Titi for us in 04, Pires in 02, Bergkamp in 98. And Suarez is playing at that level no doubt. You only have to look at the goals he is scoring. They will challenge no doubt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with Milla regarding Gerrard.

He doesn't have the energy or the legs anymore. He is just too immobile and just relies on spraying long passes now.

They look a far better team without him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Having said that, I'm not going to say no to someone like Reus who I think is a special talent but obviously he'd come at some cost.

A forward of the quality we are talking about isn't going to be easy, which is one of the many reasons I like the idea of signing Costa.

I like the Italian Bergkamp (forgive me!) Giuseppe Rossi who is a very dexterous player, with a fantastic touch and can obviously score a goal himself. He isn't the biggest player but I reckon he would make up for it with his clever play.

I would still be keen to test the waters with Lewandowski. What do we have to lose? Long term wise I would like us to keep an eye on the progression of the Belgium two too.

I don't know anything about the Anderlecht dude.... what's his name?
    I would love us to sign Reus. I think he is ripe for converting into a Centre Forward and has pretty much every attribute we could wish for in a player. I genuinely believe we could sign him but we would need to be pay the market rate and move fast. I think he could be the one big signing we crave for in the Summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really understand the school of thought that he could be a CF here..... and how much do people think he will cost out of interest?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he could be a CF in the mould of someone like Aguero - he's very quick on his fit, can play long and short passes and reads the game beautifully. Like Mueller (Bayern), he's very clever in terms of the positions he picks and the space he gets into. Think Mueller is one of the most under-rated players around. And I think Reus is like that.

I don't think Reus could ever play up by himself. He doesn't in my opinion have the engine or the strength to do it. But off the shoulder of another striker, he's got all the attributes as Selassie says.

He'd cost north of 40 million in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree about Muller. He is underrated and very clever.

I guess how I should phrase my question is, can Reus play CF in a 433 since that is the formation we play currently. Let us assume for arguments sake it will remain.....

I imagine if we were going to play a formation that allows for 2 forwards, that a number of our players would be able to slot in and occupy one of the positions.