User Tag List

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction - 0-2 chelski

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post

And absolutely no flexibility once again to see Ozil is playing poorly and should be hauled off. It's decided that Ozil will always play wherever, whenever so players playing well will be taken off to continue the status quo.
    More often than not he's always one of the first candidates to be subbed but inexplicably ends up lasting the 90, it's just baffling. He's not effective in the slightest, I don't understand what Wenger sees in him to elevate him to his level of perceived importance.

A shell of a player, thanks to WUMger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    Shit game. Shit ref. Shit approach, as ever. Oh, and shit subs.

Decided by two moments of excellent play, but we didn't lay a punch on them really.

If Wenger has no confidence in his own players, what's the point. No momentum or continued pressure on the opposition can be created with a conservative formation which allows none of the players to excel.

And absolutely no flexibility once again to see Ozil is playing poorly and should be hauled off. It's decided that Ozil will always play wherever, whenever so players playing well will be taken off to continue the status quo. Ox must also be sacrificed for senior players despite being an unpredictable threat. It required injuries for Wenger to play a game suited to our players on Wednesday. It will take the right 11 players left standing for him to stumble upon a correct shape again.

Gibbs, Cazorla and Sanchez did quite well. Even Flamini was OK, up against Atkinson.

Boring boring Arsenal. Only Sanogo can save us now.
    That part in bold is on the money. He was fortunate to discover the Kos and Merts partnership. It will take the same again for him to stop playing square pegs in round holes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknight02 View Post
    I agree. I'm far from giving Ozil an easy ride.

But you give him to Mourinho and I guarantee he'll find a way to make him shine.
    I do think Maureen would get more out of him. But Ozil's basic application was just not good enough today. Not wanting to scapegoat one player but we do need more from him.

The biggest problem with the club right now is Wenger though. How sad it has come to that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozil has been played in the centre, with two busy wide man either side and Welbeck up top. It has worked a treat on both occasions. He's been played left where it has never worked.

Conclusion (if you are a stubborn old goat who can never, ever admit when he is wrong). Play him on the left.

Welbeck comes off a blinder against the Turks. Wenger isolates him against the most effective pair in the league and kills him completely by banning passes over 2 yards and insisting everything is played to feet. Not Welbeck's fault - has he suddenly decided not to try? Manager's fault 100%. Wenger has a habit of killing our momentum, whether it's throwing a minor cup game or inviting a loss in the CL once we've secured the runner-up spot.

Cazorla is the best player on the pitch, playing in his natural role for a change. Subbed. Rightly pissed. Another player's morale sunk. Cazorla also often looks like a lazy non-entity when isolated out on the flanks.

I'm just surprised Wenger plays Ches in goal - surely he could play DM? The result might be shit but try it 1,000 times and you never know.

We got Wengered and the chavs were there to pick up the easy 3 points.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    We've been there a long time. It started with Arshavin . Another player ruined by Wumger
    Already signs of it with welbeck today, looking for the backwards pass when he should be driving forward.

Probably got bollocked by wenger for putting the ball in the net three times on Wednesday - gifts the opposition possession from the kick off after all. (Gotta watch those possession stats, lad.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Predictable. He's a complete bufoon for leaving Ozil on and taking off our three hardest working players.

Also, when are we going to give up the ghost on Ozil? It's been over a year now and he's not getting any better.

Welbeck had another one of those games where I though we'd have been better off playing Giroud or Sango! He needs to get more involved with our play.
    Or we could play a ball he could run on to and use his pace against slower defenders.

As for Ozil - I don;t care if it is him, Wenger or a combination of the two - he has been utter garbage, the biggest disappointment signing I can remember.

We need to get rid - just the sight of him depresses me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    More often than not he's always one of the first candidates to be subbed but inexplicably ends up lasting the 90, it's just baffling. He's not effective in the slightest, I don't understand what Wenger sees in him to elevate him to his level of perceived importance.

A shell of a player, thanks to WUMger.
    I have yet to see Ozil make an awesome game changer of a pass like the one Cesc delivered today. There hasn't been one moment of brilliance that justifies him staying on for the full 90+. I haven't seen a single pass from him that I think no one else on our team can produce. It's all basic.

The guy is garbage.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    Just another five more losses against Chelsea in the league until Wenger is gone.
    Hey!
    We might scrape a draw in a couple of the home games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Ozil has been played in the centre, with two busy wide man either side and Welbeck up top. It has worked a treat on both occasions. He's been played left where it has never worked.

Conclusion (if you are a stubborn old goat who can never, ever admit when he is wrong). Play him on the left.

Welbeck comes off a blinder against the Turks. Wenger isolates him against the most effective pair in the league and kills him completely by banning passes over 2 yards and insisting everything is played to feet. Not Welbeck's fault - has he suddenly decided not to try? Manager's fault 100%. Wenger has a habit of killing our momentum, whether it's throwing a minor cup game or inviting a loss in the CL once we've secured the runner-up spot.

Cazorla is the best player on the pitch, playing in his natural role for a change. Subbed. Rightly pissed. Another player's morale sunk. Cazorla also often looks like a lazy non-entity when isolated out on the flanks.

I'm just surprised Wenger plays Ches in goal - surely he could play DM? The result might be shit but try it 1,000 times and you never know.

We got Wengered and the chavs were there to pick up the easy 3 points.
    I'm not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    Or we could play a ball he could run on to and use his pace against slower defenders.

As for Ozil - I don;t care if it is him, Wenger or a combination of the two - he has been utter garbage, the biggest disappointment signing I can remember.

We need to get rid - just the sight of him depresses me.
    I have to wholly disagree with you mate.

Our two best performances this season have ironically coincided with Ozil in the middle.

What Wenger is unwilling to do is sacrifice players for the correct team balance and shape.

Play proper wingers on the wing, play aggressive ball winners in the middle and play your best creative player up top off the striker.

Having Carzola, Ozil, Wilshire, Ramsey, Arteta, Flamini all practically on the pitch at the same time is utterly pointless.

All you get is pointless passing, no runs into the box, and slow slow breaks.

This aint rocket science, but unfortunalty we have a uterlly clueless manager who rufuses to atcually take the time to balance his team.