User Tag List

Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Bye Song!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he wants to go then by all means I'll pack his bags for him because I'm only interested in committed playes, but right now it just sounds like Barca might be interested and we know that we'll readily sell to them if the opportunity arises. It's not like Song has made any noises about his future, I fear the club will just cash in when there might be an opportunity to actually keep him.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    It would suck if we did lose Song. We've made progress in the transfer window this time with the signings of Podolski, Giroud and Cazorla, but to lose Song and possibly Walcott would be like taking two steps forward and two back. Sometimes we should forget about balancing the books and look at the football side of things. Having a squad of top quality players is what separates trophy winning teams and those who fail at the last hurdle. Let's take a bit of a financial hit this summer (which can't hurt that much, given that we make a profit from transfers in most windows) for the sake of trophies.
    Its not about balancing the books, they might leave because they dont want to play for us anymore.

Its already been mentioned by the guardian that wenger is pissed because Song wants to hear what barca has to offer.

This is down to the players themselves that want out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    even though i am not his biggest fan i wouldnt want him to go. we need stability still. arteta is only 1 year into our team, with 3 new signings who could all be playing from the start and diaby (who will be like a new signing), we need songs presence in MF still IMO. if we dont get a replacement and rely on coq or pongman, this will take us back a few steps. Still need to bring a DM in, keep song for 1 more year and then let him go if need be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Selling Song just because he's slightly interest Barca are after him (if they are) is a stupid idea, anyone would be interested in going to Barca and Song has held our midfield together for years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're not selling to balance books, apparently we bought those players from the money we made from property.

If Song wants to go then replace him with M'Vila or the like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post
    Its not about balancing the books, they might leave because they dont want to play for us anymore.

Its already been mentioned by the guardian that wenger is pissed because Song wants to hear what barca has to offer.

This is down to the players themselves that want out.
    yeah but come on, he's posted his obligatory positive post about carzola so he has to revert to type.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, us selling to buy is not really earth shattering news, given we end up with a low net spend and sometimes even profit every summer window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if we were to sell song, and got in mvila would you take that? i would

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunno, I've rarely seen M'Vila play.