User Tag List

Page 40 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Temps and Journeymen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The window’s open until October - no need to panic just yet.

A lot of our players who are down to their final years will definitely have important decisions to make this summer - if I were someone like Sokratis, for example, I’d certainly be weighing up the pros and cons of seeing out my Arsenal contract from the bench / reserves and then trying to get a decent move next summer, after I’ve turned 33, vs maybe moving on from Arsenal now, while I’m a year younger and people still remember me?

I have a feeling the new currency for average footballers in the post-Covid world is going to be length of contract and long-term security, and they aren’t going to get that here - one more year and then you’re on your own. Plus who the fuck knows how much money anyone will have to spend next summer, after another year of overheads with no match day revenue? If they sit on their Arsenal contracts they might find there’s nothing out there for them in a year’s time? I reckon a lot of them will look to cut deals and will ask to leave early.
    Last edited by I am invisible; 18-08-2020 at 06:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to the Metro, United have hijacked our move for Gabriel and he may well have had his head turned. I don't think the Metro are reliable, but there is no smoke without fire I guess.

If we are honest, most players right now are going to choose United over us for obvious reasons...but lets just hope Gabriel chooses us because from the little i've seen of him he looks to have high potential if he continues to develop, he's had plenty of teams sniffing around him too so if we get this one over the line it's a decent signing IMO.

I'm not that confident anymore...and certainly not confident on Partey and Aouar. I get the feeling we are really keen on both but are trying to work out how to fund there moves, in Partey's case if we can get our bid accepted (release clause or whatever they want), then I'm confident he will be coming, Aouar I don't think we will sign, Lyon rightly want top dollar for him and I don't think we are a big enough pull considering the likes of Juve and City are looking at him too.
    Last edited by selassie; 20-08-2020 at 08:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if it's in the Metro the chance of it being true is bullshit like most of the contents of it's rag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    According to the Metro, United have hijacked our move for Gabriel and he may well have had his head turned. I don't think the Metro are reliable, but there is no smoke without fire I guess.

If we are honest, most players right now are going to choose United over us for obvious reasons...but lets just hope Gabriel chooses us because from the little i've seen of him he looks to have high potential if he continues to develop, he's had plenty of teams sniffing around him too so if we get this one over the line it's a decent signing IMO.

I'm not that confident anymore...and certainly not confident on Partey and Aouar. I get the feeling we are really keen on both but are trying to work out how to fund there moves, in Partey's case if we can get our bid accepted (release clause or whatever they want), then I'm confident he will be coming, Aouar I don't think we will sign, Lyon rightly want top dollar for him and I don't think we are a big enough pull considering the likes of Juve and City are looking at him too.
    PSG are also in the running!
    That's that then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like the standard script that most papers follow on transfers - why just report a story when you can report a saga and get 10 days worth of clicks? Guess we’ve reached the ‘11th hour hijack‘ chapter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    PSG are also in the running!
    That's that then
    Then again he might want to play in a superior league than the French... say the Scottish premiership

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fwiw, I think Gabriel basically ours at this point - I’d be surprised if he ended up somewhere else now, especially given how long it’s been common knowledge that he’s up for sale and that rival offers have been made and accepted. These other clubs could have got involved way before now if their interest was genuine...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are so many conflicting reports from all the various newspapers and 'ITK' journos on Gabriel, it's almost like they are all making it up as they go along.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    There are so many conflicting reports from all the various newspapers and 'ITK' journos on Gabriel, it's almost like they are all making it up as they go along.

That's a horrible thing to say about journos and ITKs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But yeah, they're a bunch of c--ts.